Wee-man on ESPN2

AUbritt

Reese Davis asked Wee-man about dealing with shady agent-types: "We just don't deal with people like that." The implication, of course, is that Auburn does.

:zapbama:

Yea, I just noticed how threw that little jab in there at the end. Pretty much saying that they only recruit the most high character kids and that we dont because we have Cam Newton.

He didnt exactly say that....but thats CLEARLY what he meant.

Exactly. I'm surprised he didn't mention lap-tops. He could've shocked the world and said that we shouldn't rush to judgment or something else out of character ....

I feel for Bama fans. Deep down, they wish they had a classy coach like CGC.

I don't feel for them one bit. The fact that they are fans of that team/institution shows they have no values or judgement whatsoever.

Lets see chargers, fishing trips, lap tops, agent parties, free books, players suspended, and a player's girlfriend's father says she had a beating coming to her from her football player boyfriend vs a story everyone is running away from like wade christopher was breathing down their neck.  Yeah the bammers still have us beat with shady characters even after the fictitious build up by espn and the scummy reporters.

Perhaps you're right triangle tiger, but I imagine a different response from Coach Chizik if the shoe were on the other foot.

I admit to a hermeneutics of suspicion when it comes to Saban.

Y'all are really having to stretch to read that into his comments.....

I guess we can agree to disagree... I just logged on here for the purpose of seeing if anyone else thought he took a shot at us. It was very clear that he was implying that they don't recruit that type of athlete at Alabama. If he would jhave taken the high road, I would have acknowleged that on here also.

Yea, I just noticed how threw that little jab in there at the end. Pretty much saying that they only recruit the most high character kids and that we dont because we have Cam Newton.

That's the way I took it, also.

To be honest, I'm surprised that he was asked the question, unless Reese was trying to set him up to have an opportunity to appear classy.

"OK, Coach Wee-man, I'll ask you about Auburn, and you respond with a little class, ok?"

"Uh, class, right, got it .... We at UAT would never deal with such a shady brand of athlete. How was that?"

He knocked that one out of the park.

If Bama doesn't recruit that type of athlete, then I find it odd that they've had several agent related issues during Saban's tenure.  Sorry Nick, but you can't have it both ways.

really guys? what else is he or any coach supposed to say?

How about: "I don't know anything about the details here, but I think we shouldn't rush to judgment in this case. I affirm my earlier comments about agents."

If Bama doesn't recruit that type of athlete, then I find it odd that they've had several agent related issues during Saban's tenure.  Sorry Nick, but you can't have it both ways.

Yeah, but Shula recruited those guys.   :laugh:

Well I will say one thing that Im positive about. Dude had bags under his eyes. Must not be getting much sleeeeeeeeppyyyy time! Surprise surprise! Wonder why?  :laugh:

Nick Saban is gonna be about as worthless as a whale turd in the bottom of the ocean by the time we get done with them.

I just wish we wouldn't take everything he says as proof of a second gunman on the grassy knoll. :-\

I just wish we wouldn't take everything he says as proof of a second gunman on the grassy knoll. :-\

But what Saban said PROVES that the call bounced back and forth between Rogers and Meyer!  Can't believe you don't see that! 

:tease:

Well I will say one thing that Im positive about. Dude had bags under his eyes. Must not be getting much sleeeeeeeeppyyyy time! Surprise surprise! Wonder why?  :laugh:

Nick Saban is gonna be about as worthless as a whale turd in the bottom of the ocean by the time we get done with them.

I don't imagine Saban ever gets much sleep.  He's comes across as a control-freak, and I suspect his OCD keeps him up at night fretting over every aspect of his program.  He is the opposite of 'laid-back'......(uptight?), but he is a helluva football coach.

I don't imagine Saban ever gets much sleep.  He's comes across as a control-freak, and I suspect his OCD keeps him up at night fretting over every aspect of his program.  He is the opposite of 'laid-back'......(uptight?), but he is a helluva football coach.

He is. But Coach Chizik is giving him fits.

Yes, he is.  And I'm loving every minute of it.   :thumbsup: 

Chizik is very business-like himself, but he doesn't seem to be uptight about things the way Saban seems to be.

But what Saban said PROVES that the call bounced back and forth between Rogers and Meyer!  Can't believe you don't see that! 

:tease:

Oh you saying you have a magic phone call theory? :laugh: :laugh:

Yes, he is.  And I'm loving every minute of it.   :thumbsup: 

Chizik is very business-like himself, but he doesn't seem to be uptight about things the way Saban seems to be.

I agree. CGC will make lemonade out of whatever lemons you give him. Saban will always have a sour look on his face ....

Archived