Thoughts on the Game!

tgrogan21

WAR EAGLE EVERYONE!

So, the game was sooo fun! I had really great seats in the student section (Right behind the goalposts about 5 rows up). Got some really good pictures of Newton and Dyer and O-Mac and all the QB's and Byrum. :P The crowd was REALLY quiet to me (or maybe it was just where we were sitting) but no one was really making any noise and I kept trying to get them to cheer and yell and all of that.

If there was singing during the end of the first quarter I didn't hear it so I'm guessing there wasn't. Most of the students went home after half-time. Basically as soon as they found out who won the Homecoming queen they took off because it was too cold or whatever. By that time we all moved forward and I was in the second row of the stands and basically right in front when the camera's panned around.

Even though the students left early as crap most of the other seats stayed full for most of the game. You saw a lot of people leaving around the end of the quarter. Heard a lot of people complaining about giving up 24 points to UT but I had to keep reminding them that 7 of those were on the special teams and the other 17 were basically against the back-ups.

Thought that Davis played really great from what I could tell. Newton was awesome as usual. Fannin didn't fumble. I jinxed Carr on the punt return when he dropped the ball because a few seconds earlier I screamed, "Please don't drop it!"

Either way, I had a great time and considering this was only my second game and it was FREEZING outside, it was awesome!

It was a fun game. Great that it sold out. At the beginning the only seats open were the student section, which was pretty full. By halftime the student section was empty basically. I loved how Cam would go to the crowd after he scored. Other than it being FREEZING COLD it was a lot of fun

Who would've thought that of all of the games this year, that Chattanooga would've had the most (3 I think?) sacks on Cam Newton and Nick Fairley would not have any tackles.

Who would've thought that of all of the games this year, that Chattanooga would've had the most (3 I think?) sacks on Cam Newton and Nick Fairley would not have any tackles.

I am not sure if Fairley played, if he did it was sparingly in the 1st half.  Cam looked like he was told NOT to run.  Two of the sacks he was scrambling around and would have taken off against any other team.

I am not sure if Fairley played, if he did it was sparingly in the 1st half.  Cam looked like he was told NOT to run.  Two of the sacks he was scrambling around and would have taken off against any other team.

Agreed Fairely hardly played, but I stick by my point.

I also agree that Gus and Chizik are wanting Cam to throw it more often. But those two sacks of him scrambling... what do you mean he would've taken off against any other team? It's Chattanooga. Are you claiming Cam took it "easy" on Chattanooga and didn't care how his scrambling abilities are on those two select plays (even though he had that awesome scramble earlier in the game)? Or are you claiming Chattanooga's defense is way better than an SEC's defense? He got sacked on those scrambles because he made a decision, one I won't disagree with, and he simply got sacked by the defense.

I also agree that Gus and Chizik are wanting Cam to throw it more often. But those two sacks of him scrambling... what do you mean he would've taken off against any other team? It's Chattanooga. Are you claiming Cam took it "easy" on Chattanooga and didn't care how his scrambling abilities are on those two select plays (even though he had that awesome scramble earlier in the game)? Or are you claiming Chattanooga's defense is way better than an SEC's defense? He got sacked on those scrambles because he made a decision, one I won't disagree with, and he simply got sacked by the defense.

There were several plays where Cam had wide open field in front of him, but instead of taking off downfield, he scrambled and tried to throw the ball.

There were several plays where Cam had wide open field in front of him, but instead of taking off downfield, he scrambled and tried to throw the ball.

Ahh, I understand now. I thought you were claiming on two of his sacks that he would've avoided being sacked if facing any other team.

Archived