Joe Shaad from ESPN

kAmU

Basically just summarized the possibility of penalties on the money allegations.

- "NCAA investigations take a long time."

- "If there is no evidence, documents, or paper trail, there is no penalties it's that simple."

OK, I've been quiet and taking all this in, because I really don't have anything to add.  But I just saw the latest ESPN headline that said "Cam and his father said that his recruiting was about money".  I don't believe that is at all accurate.  Isn't the latest that broke around midnight last night about two MSU recruiters that said that?  All I've seen from the Newtons is that they "don't confirm or deny".  Now I'm not happy with that either, but it certainly doesn't indicate they admit it!!

the only thing I have heard Cam say he wouldnt confirm or deny was the allegations of cheating at UF. I took that as to mean he didnt want to respond to baseless rumors and didnt come off quite like he wanted.

OK, I've been quiet and taking all this in, because I really don't have anything to add.  But I just saw the latest ESPN headline that said "Cam and his father said that his recruiting was about money".  I don't believe that is at all accurate.  Isn't the latest that broke around midnight last night about two MSU recruiters that said that?  All I've seen from the Newtons is that they "don't confirm or deny".  Now I'm not happy with that either, but it certainly doesn't indicate they admit it!!

You are right pops. The "Cam's recruitment comes down to the money". or something to that affect, was from the MSU bunch. Cam, nor his Father, have said anything about this. publicly.

If you're listening to WJOX (or any radio station that has Sportscenter updates during commercial breaks), they keep saying Cecil and Cam were involved in 2 separate conversations where they said it would take money for them to sign with a school.  They say it as if it's a fact, then follow with "according to a report by Joe Shaad."

Shouldn't they at least say "alledgedly had conversations" or something to that effect?

Didnt Joe Schads "sources" say last year that Bob Stoops had taken the Notre Dame job and that Texas was definitely joining the pac 10.  The guy has no credibility. Amazes ESPN keeps this guy around

If you're listening to WJOX (or any radio station that has Sportscenter updates during commercial breaks), they keep saying Cecil and Cam were involved in 2 separate conversations where they said it would take money for them to sign with a school.  They say it as if it's a fact, then follow with "according to a report by Joe Shaad."

Shouldn't they at least say "alledgedly had conversations" or something to that effect?

When I woke up I turned on ESPN and there is that dill hole like he had talked to Cecil last night and had a breaking story.......I am soooo sick of all these guys trying to pile on like they have something to give..

When the smoke settles they will all say we were only reporting what sources said.

Archived