iPod question

MDM4AU

Just got an iPod today. I need help. I have about 1100 songs already downloaded from CDs to my computer. How do I get them to my iPod without having to do it one cd at a time through iTunes? Is there a way. I have all my songs on Windows media player and have downloaded some of them to an RCA Lyra and to a Phillips MP3 player but I seem to have problems getting them to the iPod.

Any assistance is appreciated. :)

You shouldn't have to do it one CD at a time through iTunes. First of all, the iPod will automatically sync up with iTunes so whatever is in iTunes will all get downloaded to the iPod. You can get all the songs on your computer into iTunes a couple of ways.

1. If all your songs are in one folder on your computer, start iTunes and simply drag that folder into the iTunes window. It will start copying those songs into iTunes immediately.

2. Under the "Advanced" menu (I'm going from the Mac version here), select "Consolidate Library" and it will search your hard drive for music files and pull them into iTunes.

After that, the first time you hook up the iPod to the computer, it should prompt you to synchronize it with iTunes. At least that's how it works on the Mac. I'm sure they tried to emulate that functionality in the Windows version.

Archived