Question re: Auburn's Compliance department

AUTigers001

I'll make this brief...

I've heard from different people (haha -- sources...) that our guy that heads up the Compliance Department has FBI and NCAA background... that he worked for BOTH of these agencies. 

Here are my questions:

1) Is that true

a) if yes, what are we worrying about?

B) if no, what are we woorying about?

2) What are we worrying about?  It's either going to be nothing or we'll have to vacate every game of the year... Might as well get the fridge stocked and watch some football tomrrow.

Just my opinion...

Former NCAA, yes.  Fomer FBI, no.  Confirmed directly by Auburn University official earlier today (or maybe yesterday).  There is a post that includes the information, but I can't remember in which thread it's located.

A earlier post said that one of the assistants was ex FBI I believe,but I may be wrong. If I remember correctly the head of the department does have NCAA experience..

A earlier post said that one of the assistants was ex FBI I believe,but I may be wrong. If I remember correctly the head of the department does have NCAA experience..

Mayor confirmed this to be the case

no offense to the Mayor or anyone else but he never gave a name he just said staff. I emailed Kirk Sampson personally today and he confirmed that 1. McGlynn was definitely not former FBI and 2. the AU site bio's are accurate and correct and they dont list any of the staff as former FBI. I believe someone somewhere down the line misspoke and claimed former FBI when they meant to say former NCAA. either way I'm sure McGlynn does have many government and probably FBI contacts from his days in New Jersey and probably the NCAA enforcement division as well. either way until someone proves otherwise I will continue to believe the FBI deal was nothing more than a misunderstanding. the compliance staff is only listed as 4 deep so it shouldnt be that hard to get a name if its true. after ruling out McGlynn we have Steve Lautz, Susan Canaan and Beverly DeVane who is an admin asst. that really only leaves 2 choices.

Archived