IRON BOWL Talk

wareagle0182

I'll be in Alabama for Thanksgiving, but won't be at the game.  I'll be watching it with one of my good friends who's a bama fan.  I'm trying to sway him to the light, though, as he is currently (at 40 years old) attending Auburn University.

UAT plan will be to have time-consuming drives which limit the touches Cam will get. They could put 34 on this AU defense, question is can AU put 35-plus on their defense??

I agree but Auburn has been good against the run this year so I think they will have to pass the ball....

Our defensive line can over power their offensive line.....

If our O-line dominates their D-line its over.....our run game will over power them.....

bama just has a deep well balanced team from 3 great recruiting classes. They are built for a 4th quarter game. Our D is going to have to play their best game by far for us to get the W and the O must put up points on any/every 3 & out we get.

The AL media will play 12th man in the press with Cam and everything anti Auburn from now until kick off. Would we expect anything different ?

On a side note I hope all parents of bama recruits saw knee high dressing down #10 on national TV. Just pure class in turd fashion ! Great acting Nick.........it is NEVER your fault or a coaching flaw !

War Eagle !

I just hope and pray we do not have to play the turds and the officials like we have had to do all year. I firmly believe with all my heart we will beat them if the game is called fairly. 

:zapbama:    :beatmullet:      :beatmullet:              :beatmullet:

:believe:        :believe:

Everyone should remember that bammer has already lost twice this year. Both losses were to teams we beat. We will beat bammer by 14. War Eagle

If LSU's porous offense can put up 400+ yards of O on Bammer, we can do close to 600 if everything goes right. I'm not really worried about them that much. If we play like we've been playing, we'll win by at least 2 TDs.

WAYYYY to many turds in a punch bowl for me to go to the game.

I think this will be the toughest game to date, bar none. We have a better team than them, but they are very capable of beating us IMO. They are playing to ruin our season also. It's going to be a doozy of a game.

The way this team performed yesterday only shows how ALL IN they are. Close at halftime Mighty Tigers pull away as lil nicky explodes 43-24. WDE!!!!!!!!!!!

We may lose by 21 and it may be a tough game but I don't think so.

It should be expected to be tough enough that our guys will stay focused and we have two weeks to prepare and get healthy. Our offense, our team's knowledge and understanding of the offense at this point, our talent level, and our state of mind should all exceed what we need to win.

In their favor is their home field advantage and their play with nothing to lose and be the spoiler.

I think the team's we had to worry about the most were Ark and Georgia, Kentucky, and even South Carolina again. I believe every game we play we get better.

I reserve the right to be wrong about all of the above. And having said all that I will still be increasingly nervous for the next two weeks.

No I will not be there in person...Bama doesn't match up that well at all. AU is #2 against the run in the SEC. UA passing attack is definitely not the best one AU has faced, and there D is not sound at all. With that said this is the IB and in BD, but Auburn wins by 20 I want 30+, but will have to settle for 20.

IMO we can only beat ourselves in the Iron Bowl. We have beaten everyone we have faced including the 2 teams Bama lost to. Those 2 teams we beat in the 2nd half when Bama should be better with their depth but they could not close the deal. This team has the chemistry, desire and enough talent to get it done. If we play smart we will win. If we allow Bama to lure us into something similar to what UGA did we will be in trouble. We can't get down by 2 scores and expect to win. That said, it is AUsome to have a undefeated team going into the IB. AU controls their own destiny this time around and that is more than any of us could have honestly predicted. It's great to be an Auburn Tiger.  :believe:

Key points to remember -

1) bama's two losses were away - home field is fairly big for them

2) Iron Bowl - throw records out in this rivalry game - will be hard hitting, smack talking

3) Turnovers - no takeaways in last two games - we need two or more in this one. This D seems to grab them in bunches so hopefully we are due for a few

4) Fumbles at the goal line - we have been blessed by fumbles at the goal line going our way (being called for TD's) and we can't afford to lose one of those

5) Penalties - we have walked a fine line on tackles - sometimes PF get called and sometimes not - we can't afford for the officials to decide this is the game to "make a statement" about driving QB's into the ground, etc.

Can we win? I think we can win by 2 TD's - but with these factors, we need to play smart, avoid silly mistakes and "do what we do" - let's go put up 40-50 points and end this two game losing streak!!

The next game IS the most important game of the season so far!!

:we:

I just hope and pray we do not have to play the turds and the officials like we have had to do all year. I firmly believe with all my heart we will beat them if the game is called fairly. 

:zapbama:     :beatmullet:       :beatmullet:               :beatmullet:

:believe:        :believe:

Fair officiating in a bammer game will not happen, but it also will not matter.  The turds will be flushed from their own house in the presence of their single toothed, wife beating, drunk fans.

Archived