2013 4* WR Isaiah Jones (FSU signee)

Chadf93

All I know is we need to start winning more of the head to head battles with FSU.  Over the last 10-15 years we have come up #2 more than I care to remember. I was hoping CL picking Auburn was the start of a positive trend for us, but signing day last year changed that. There is no doubt that having Craig and Gran on their staff selling the FSU program helps them. I am not saying dirty recruiting is going on, but when comparing programs with recruits during visits (on calls) I think recruits are less likely to question what Craig and/or Gran tell them that might be more opinion than fact. Fisher has done a good job, but given the talent & depth they have if FSU can't win the ACC this year you would think recruits wanting a shot at the crystal ball would start to question FSU's shot under Jimbo. We need to show considerable progress on the field this year (heading toward NC level again) and win more of these AU/FSU battles.

War Eagle !

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I know is we need to start winning more of the head to head battles with FSU.  Over the last 10-15 years we have come up #2 more than I care to remember. I was hoping CL picking Auburn was the start of a positive trend for us, but signing day last year changed that. There is no doubt that having Craig and Gran on their staff selling the FSU program helps them. I am not saying dirty recruiting is going on, but when comparing programs with recruits during visits (on calls) I think recruits are less likely to question what Craig and/or Gran tell them that might be more opinion than fact. Fisher has done a good job, but given the talent & depth they have if FSU can't win the ACC this year you would think recruits wanting a shot at the crystal ball would start to question FSU's shot under Jimbo. We need to show considerable progress on the field this year (heading toward NC level again) and win more of these AU/FSU battles.

War Eagle !

Unlike last year the Isaiah Jones is the only head to head AU/FSU I can think of for the 2013 class. In the 2014 class there is the SDH battle that appears to be over in a few months.

War Eagle !

Unlike last year the Isaiah Jones is the only head to head AU/FSU I can think of for the 2013 class. In the 2014 class there is the SDH battle that appears to be over in a few months.

THIS, and don't forget that Isaiah Jones started off a heavy FSU lean because he grew up a Noles fan.  Also, last year we lost very close battles with Goldman and Darby, never really were in it with Winston, and we won with Louis.  The battle with Goldman, in particular, brought us national attention, and look where we are this year with our DL class.  Sometimes you lose the battle, but win the war. ( I know it's not original, Bird!!)

Rough camp for Jones.  Expect to drop in the next rankings.

Not surprising.  His pre-camp rivals interview looked like a kid that was completely overwhelmed by his environment. 

Were his struggles more technique and ball catching or was it just a lack of physical talent that could rival what he was going against?

Guest EagleDamnWar

Rough camp for Jones.  Expect to drop in the next rankings.

Not surprising.  His pre-camp rivals interview looked like a kid that was completely overwhelmed by his environment. 

Were his struggles more technique and ball catching or was it just a lack of physical talent that could rival what he was going against?

Not sure.  No comments from anyone on Isaiah during the camp.  I didn't see him much from the stream aside from 1-2 catches on the 7v7.  I asked an analyst yesterday and he said "solid but raw."  I dont think he did bad just didnt stand out.

War Eagle !

Agreed. And there is not any reason that we should go a long way toward establishing a strong lead on them with our performance this year. I say we progress and they regress this season.

War Eagle !

Agreed. And there is not any reason that we should go a long way toward establishing a strong lead on them with our performance this year. I say we progress and they regress this season.

Unfortunately I feel they finally progress this year too.

Word is going around we may have cooled on Isaiah.

I think this camp probably hurt him more than anyone.  He went from FSU and Auburn offers to probably hoping that Louisville still has a commitable offer for him.

I think this camp probably hurt him more than anyone.  He went from FSU and Auburn offers to probably hoping that Louisville still has a commitable offer for him.

It sure looks that way.

It sure looks that way.

I don't think this camp hurt him other than with the rankings. AU has always been high on him and knows what he can do with their own eyes. I think we gave him the hard sell and he didn't bite, so we have no other choice but to pursue other options. I personally think he genuinely loves FSU and if they want him he'll sign there but if not, with us if we still have a spot at that point. This kid has major talent. Just because he had a bad weekend against the best of the best, doesn't mean the kid can't be productive playing major D1 ball, and I'm not talking about Louisville either.

Guest EagleDamnWar

Rivals Chat:  "Auburn has built the best relationship with Jones."

FSU War Room on Jones:  "Another target to keep an eye on is Isaiah Jones, who was at the Rivals100 Challenge this past weekend. He started off well in the position drills, but seemed a little overwhelmed during the one-on-one and 7-on-7 sessions. However, keep in mind that this wasn't the best stage for Jones and it was also his first camp experience. FSU stays in contact at least once a week. However, we don't get the impression that the coaches have put on the full court press for Jones to the extent that Auburn has. Jones, who grew up a big FSU fan, is expected to visit again in July. How hard they push on that visit should give a solid indication of his recruitment going forward. FSU would like to take two slot receivers and two wideouts with this class."

Things will play out with Isaiah. I was just relaying what KK said about him yesterday afternoon. It may not have to do with Jones per say. The coaches may be liking Treadwell better.  :dunno:

to FSU.  Not a shock, but a little disappointing.  AU put a lot of effort into his recruitment. I know some have speculated we backed off recently, but I was told that was not true.  In fact, I bet we continue to recruit him very hard as long as he gives us the time of day.

to FSU.  Not a shock, but a little disappointing.  AU put a lot of effort into his recruitment. I know some have speculated we backed off recently, but I was told that was not true.  In fact, I bet we continue to recruit him very hard as long as he gives us the time of day.

Saw this one coming but glad we will continue to pursue him.

• 2 months later...

Spoke to someone very close to IJ last week and below is discussion:

• IJ loves Auburn coaching staff (especially TT)
  • IJ got upset about the shootings in Aub and scared his mother
  • IJ still loves Aub and mom is not happy with FSU
  • Mom has removed all FSU material from auto
  • Mom loves Aub atmosphere
  • IJ is still VERY much interested in Aub

So if the coaches are actively still recruiting IJ then he could be turned. Before you guys say it, the person discussing with me has gone on all recruiting visits with IJ. He knows what is said about each of the recruiting visits on the drive home. Believe me IJ still loves Aub atmosphere and the coaches.

So if the coaches are actively still recruiting IJ then he could be turned. Before you guys say it, the person discussing with me has gone on all recruiting visits with IJ. He knows what is said about each of the recruiting visits on the drive home. Believe me IJ still loves Aub atmosphere and the coaches.

What does Mom removed all FSU material from auto mean? Car would be easier to say if that is what you meant.

Interesting stuff. Did this person say why Momma Jones is not happy with FSU?

Interesting stuff. Did this person say why Momma Jones is not happy with FSU?

She indicated that Aub coaching staff is more likely to take care of her son.....

What does Mom removed all FSU material from auto mean? Car would be easier to say if that is what you meant.

Well, the reason I said auto is that I do not know what she drives..could be SUV, truck, car, or (if bama is recruiting him a limo... :cool: )

Well, the reason I said auto is that I do not know what she drives..could be SUV, truck, car, or (if bama is recruiting him a limo... :cool: )

bama mommas get Caddies. :dead:

Archived