More News Coming and I It's Good

au03cobrafan

Cam is for the most part cleared.  From reports Cecil was cornered about money and payment plans but left the situation and after several attempts to remove himself from several pressured attempts for Cam to play for money he finally reported them and informed the NCAA.  Well this did not make them happy so they spent months building up their smear campaign that they could unleash it on Cam and Auburn at the most inopportune time.  Now fast forward to to today and it's reported that their plan backfired and the FBI and NCAA has led them to Jody Wright, Bama and the ring out of Chicago that has UNC in trouble.  Well now it looks like Bama has asked Jody Wright to resign and are attempting to blame him and only him for problems coming out of the Cam smear campaign.  Even worse for Alabama is the that the investigation may have led the NCAA into to some pay for play issues through this UNC ring and they may be in for it VERY VERY SOON!   :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing your opinion of the situation, this possible scenrio has been discussed at length here. What would be cool is if there were solid facts presented that proved everything you say. If you have proof, please share and you would be the most popular person on this board I can assure you. At this point, facts speak louder than opinion pieces. WDE.

The part about Jody Wright makes since, did anybody see Saban talking about Cam last night.  He was gushing all over him and saying a player like Cam needs to be on the field.  That to me sounds like bama trying to separate themselves from the situation.

Silence is better than "I think this is what is going to happen" or rumor.

I hope you "know" what you are talking about because I would like to be in a good frame of mind during the IB and hope either way we can hang 70 points on then, hold Ingram to less than 30 yards this year, and laugh all the way to the BCS Championship.

I'm hoping that you're right.  Please have a good source!!!!!

These stories don't qualify as news if you tattle on your source.

I have a source for that.

My source cannot be given until all this comes out...sorry.

I hope I'm not ruining the joke, but the whole Jody Wright resigning thing was started on The Bunker yesterday.  Bunker posters were tired of all of the turd lurkers so they wrote a thread or two titled "Jody Wright asked to resign" but the message inside detailed that it was to freak out the turds.  I don't think Jody has been asked to resign, yet, but who knows, because he is knee deep in this mess.

I'm hoping that you're right.  Please have a good source!!!!!

These stories don't qualify as news if you tattle on your source.

I have a source for that.

My source cannot be given until all this comes out...sorry.

Fair enough...War Eagle

Announcement!!  To all new members who wish ill will on my school, my football team, and the greatest athlete college football has seen in a long time:  the members of this site are generally intelligent, well-informed Auburn family.  This is not intended toward the OP on this thread as he is a valued member, but rather at the new member who started a thread(since correctly deleted by the Mods), on his first post, about the "tuna" garbage.  I have taken a back seat on this stuff, but this has pissed me off!!  If you think you are going to gain anything by getting on here and starting this crap, man have you come to the wrong place!!  We are (Auburn) on top of this and have been from the beginning.  Our responses have been calculated and in concert with what is best for Auburn and the Newton family.  I have been involved with Auburn athletics for almost 50 years and can rebutt any and all of the "tuna" crap with real facts, but I wouldn't want to confuse you.  Pops has spoken!!

Eloquently and accurately spoken POP...

On a similar note... it is clear, in my opinion, that the national media types look at us as being ignorant, back-woods

cave dwellers... this also will, and has, backfire(d) on them...

It's sorta funny now that the tide (no pun intended really) is turning, rumors are coming out about Alabama and their fans go on the defensive. However, if you can't really add some validity to your source then it won't be paid much attention. I'm really worn out from sources and rumors.

Eloquently and accurately spoken POP...

On a similar note... it is clear, in my opinion, that the national media types look at us as being ignorant, back-woods

cave dwellers... this also will, and has, backfire(d) on them...

Absolutely, I moved outta my cave years ago! :thumbsup:

Announcement!!  To all new members who wish ill will on my school, my football team, and the greatest athlete college football has seen in a long time:  the members of this site are generally intelligent, well-informed Auburn family.  This is not intended toward the OP on this thread as he is a valued member, but rather at the new member who started a thread(since correctly deleted by the Mods), on his first post, about the "tuna" garbage.  I have taken a back seat on this stuff, but this has pissed me off!!  If you think you are going to gain anything by getting on here and starting this crap, man have you come to the wrong place!!  We are (Auburn) on top of this and have been from the beginning.  Our responses have been calculated and in concert with what is best for Auburn and the Newton family.  I have been involved with Auburn athletics for almost 50 years and can rebutt any and all of the "tuna" crap with real facts, but I wouldn't want to confuse you.  Pops has spoken!!

Get 'em Pops!!!

Archived