Ugly bias rearing its head

ledaub1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I just don't remember the pundit outrage over the unfairness of the BCS system in 2004. All I remember is hearing about is our SOS (Citadel especially) being the reason we were left out.

Fast forward to 2010 and every talking head I see is moaning about how "elitist" the BCS is and that, when looking at BSU and TCU, SOS shouldn't matter.

I would love to hear a legitimate reason for the double standard.

We are Auburn they will never give us respect if we want it we gotta go get it  and i believe we will get it this year we have a coach with a fire in his belly that we haven't seen at auburn in many years and we have a team that is playing as a team we will get respect this year and the foudation is laid to where we will keep that respect for years to come get ready ya'll cause with this coach we are entering the golden years of auburn football

We are Auburn they will never give us respect if we want it we gotta go get it  and i believe we will get it this year we have a coach with a fire in his belly that we haven't seen at auburn in many years and we have a team that is playing as a team we will get respect this year and the foudation is laid to where we will keep that respect for years to come get ready ya'll cause with this coach we are entering the golden years of auburn football

I'm not sure we can do much else to gain respect. We're within grasp of a 2nd undefeated season in six years in the toughest conference in the country. This is even more impressive in that it's with a brand new coaching staff and without the benefit on an annual star laden recruiting class (nod and wink to thUGA, bammer, Texas and Ohio State).

Also, FWIW, I believe we beat 5 top 5 teams that season.

4 Top 10 teams, LSU #4 (16 final), UT #8 (13 final), UGA #5 (7 final), UT #15 (13 final), Virginia Tech #9 (10 final)

But UT, UGA, and VT finished with 10 wins.   Only team to have 4 wins against teams with 10 wins.  And that was in an 11 game regular season!

Also, FWIW, I believe we beat 5 top 5 teams that season.

4 Top 10 teams, LSU #4 (16 final), UT #8 (13 final), UGA #5 (7 final), UT #15 (13 final), Virginia Tech #9 (10 final)

But UT, UGA, and VT finished with 10 wins.   Only team to have 4 wins against teams with 10 wins.  And that was in an 11 game regular season!

You're right. I think I was counting UT twice.

The northeast sports writers have a real bias against land grant universities.  I'm just thankful that most of them have finally learned how to pronounce Auburn.  When I was a kid, it seemed that most of the announcers on ABC pronounced it as Ah-bin. 

:believe:

Archived