Frost is ALL IN

aun

I just got on here and starting reading this thread....And I can assure you all Kris Frost has a scholarship offer. I never knew what all the hoopla was about anyway. Kris is and has been very close to our coaching staff all the way back to Big Cat. Yeah, his childhood favorite was Michigan, but over and over again he said the family atmosphere at AU and the coaches were better than anywhere he'd seen. He's talked to our coaches regularly and any agreement the recruiting sites are concerned about between them is ridiculous. Kris Frost is an Auburn Tiger.

Guys, the Mayor has spoken! why is this continuing on and on?

People don't pay attention to me anymore... :'(

My heart starting up again after your statement.  Thanks Mayor!!!!

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont understand. Why would B. Matthews do this?? Send out a tweet that someone's commitment was rejected by Auburn?? Even if it were true, why would he hijack this kids moment  like that? And before the game was even over... Unless he heard that from Gene Chizik's mouth, why would he throw it out there??

I'm not reading through 44 pages, did we reject him or is this just gump's trying to put some neg pub on a solid crooting day for us?

I'm not reading through 44 pages, did we reject him or is this just gump's trying to put some neg pub on a solid crooting day for us?

We did NOT reject him.  He will be an Auburn Tiger.  

That's what I thought.  I'm used to gumps putting out crap when we have good day's.  Just wanted to confirm. 

I dont understand. Why would B. Matthews do this?? Send out a tweet that someone's commitment was rejected by Auburn?? Even if it were true, why would he hijack this kids moment  like that? And before the game was even over... Unless he heard that from Gene Chizik's mouth, why would he throw it out there??

Because he does what he does to make money, not because he gives a dang about Auburn or the players.

On his site, B. Matthews maintains he is in constant communication with the AU staff. This is REALLY strange.....

He's an employee at the athletics department. I'm guessing he got wind of what was going down and wanted to generate traffic while the story was technically still plausible, even though he knew full well that the coaches were going to figure out a way to get him in.

That's what I thought.  I'm used to gumps putting out crap when we have good day's.  Just wanted to confirm. 

The only problem is it wasn't a gump.  It was our own Bryan Matthews of rivals who threw it out there.  What he is saying just doesn't make any sense.   KF had a committable offer.  Most coaches thought he was going to Michigan but Coach Thigpen reeled him in.  The offer was still there and there is room in this class for him.

Since BM is considered an employee of the Athletic Department should he even talk to recruits or publicly report on individual recruits? 

Since BM is considered an employee of the Athletic Department should he even talk to recruits or publicly report on individual recruits? 

He doesn't work for the Athletic Dept. He works for Auburn Undercover.

matthews is the 247 recruiting guy. I don't think he is with the athletics dept.

On his site, B. Matthews maintains he is in constant communication with the AU staff. This is REALLY strange.....

This brings a few general questions to mind. Perhaps I'm just uncertain how much the staff is allowed to say about recruits they are actively recruiting, and who all they are allowed to tell.  I know that they can't announce to the media that a player has committed to them, but can they talk about it in private? and if so with whom?  Also, are they allowed to talk about recruits in general? (I know some stuff has come up with Coach Troop talking about Robinson).  Perhaps the mods can shed some light on this, or maybe AUQBDAD?

thanks, Red. Has this guy ever done anything like this before?? I can understand posting a half-true story to get some hits, but to say the school he works for has rejected someone's commitment, when he knows it could be worked out, thats just a little bizarre....

Coaches are going to have someone greyshirt from my understanding to make room for Kris.   

Frost = Auburn Tiger.

any idea who? seems slightly unfair if it's someone already committed.

Coaches are going to have someone greyshirt from my understanding to make room for Kris.   

Frost = Auburn Tiger.

any idea who? seems slightly unfair if it's someone already committed.

I would guess some one they have talked about greyshirting the whole time...What's fair got to do with anything...Honestly most kids can't get an all paid scholly with room and board

thanks, Red. Has this guy ever done anything like this before?? I can understand posting a half-true story to get some hits, but to say the school he works for has rejected someone's commitment, when he knows it could be worked out, thats just a little bizarre....

He posted a video of AU coaches making secondary recruiting violations back when he was at Rivals.  

if the greyshirt happens it was talked about and known upfront when the kid commited. i remember chizik saying that is the only way he would do a greyshirt.

Archived