Highlight of Bush Presidency

DKW 86

The Highlight of Bush Presidency will be a landslide re-election in 2004.  ;)

I certainly understand your belief that Bush has had no meaningful highlights during his first term. On that, we apparently agree. ;)

I would say Bush's highlight was on Jan. 20, 2001. Later that night, however, the perv tried to take his daughter's strapless dress down at a Innaugural Ball-- its been downhill from that point.

http://www.sptimes.com/News/012101/State/F...oin_in_da.shtml

The Highlight of Bush Presidency will be a landslide re-election in 2004.  ;)

I certainly understand your belief that Bush has had no meaningful highlights during his first term. On that, we apparently agree. ;)

I would say Bush's highlight was on Jan. 20, 2001. Later that night, however, the perv tried to take his daughter's strapless dress down at a Innaugural Ball-- its been downhill from that point.

http://www.sptimes.com/News/012101/State/F...oin_in_da.shtml

Well hey, if he is a sex offender then the Dems must declare him a "Victim of something" and therefore one of them.

The Highlight of Bush Presidency will be a landslide re-election in 2004. ;)

BTW, the Landslide Election part will be during his tenure in office

My personal highlights:

• No Child Left Behind act...and don't blame Bush on funding levels. While it was still the biggest federal increase in education spending in recent memory, it's Congress that appropriates the dollars, not the President. The testing and other requirements were a huge step in the right direction.

• The tax cuts. With the economy going into recession before any of his policies even got passed, much less would have any effect on things, plus the attacks of 9/11, without the tax relief this economy would still be in the toilet.

• No further terrorist attacks on American soil, though most people expected 9/11 just to be the first in a series of attacks.

• Pushed for the first ever prescription drug benefit for seniors on Medicare. Took 4 decades of Democrat hot air and actually made it happen.

My personal highlights:

• No Child Left Behind act...and don't blame Bush on funding levels. While it was still the biggest federal increase in education spending in recent memory, it's Congress that appropriates the dollars, not the President. The testing and other requirements were a huge step in the right direction.

• The tax cuts. With the economy going into recession before any of his policies even got passed, much less would have any effect on things, plus the attacks of 9/11, without the tax relief this economy would still be in the toilet.

• No further terrorist attacks on American soil, though most people expected 9/11 just to be the first in a series of attacks.

• Pushed for the first ever prescription drug benefit for seniors on Medicare. Took 4 decades of Democrat hot air and actually made it happen.

You consider that Medicare bill a plus? Really?

What about the anthrax attacks?

If Bush wanted NCLB funded, it would have been funded. He was golden after 9/11 and got what he wanted. You don't believe that one, do you?

He handled:

the 9/11 Crisis.

The Clinton-Gore recesion.

Education improved markedly.

The stock market scandal.

The blind hatred of millions on the left.

Etc., Etc..

He handled:

the 9/11 Crisis.

The Clinton-Gore recesion.

Education improved markedly.

The stock market scandal.

The blind hatred of millions on the left.

Etc., Etc..

You got any proof education improved "markedly", or at all?

Managed 9/11? He flew around the country clueless. Oh, you mean the Bullhorn thing? Haven't we milked that non-event enough already?

Blind hatred? This President was once given the highest approval rating of all time. I was one of them. He blew it. His approval may have been blind, but the disapproval is from those of us with our eyes wide open.

Education: Increased funding 25% Nationwide.

He handled 9/11 faster than FDR did Pearl Harbor.

I rest my case, AU Brother.

Education: Increased funding 25% Nationwide.

He handled 9/11 faster than FDR did Pearl Harbor.

I rest my case, AU Brother.

More spending means marked improvement? Is that a new Republican belief? ;)

I would have to say that there are now 53,888,368 people in two countries that are now FREE and have a chance to live their lives FREE. That is a pretty big accomplishment. Granted there is much to do in both of those countries, but they at have a chance now.

Iraq 25,374,691

Afghanistan 28,513,677

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbo.../iz.html#People

Archived