Quarterback

auburnfootball08

First off Good luck Cam in the next level. Who do you think takes over the quarterback position for the 2011 squad? My guess is Trotter but Im interested in what yall think. WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO, unless Kiehl CLEARLY jumps ahead of trotter and moseley, then we will stick to the plan of a redshirt for Frazier, and my guess is he wins the job the next year in a very tight race.

Barrett Trotter is going to be a very fine QB for us....   We have a lot of weapons at his disposal, and we are building something very special on the plain.

Trotter and Kiehl redshirts then next year Kielh beats Mosely out as the 2nd string and Kielh starts as a RS sophmore the next year unless Barrett applies for a 6th year of eligibity i just dont see Kiehl ever beating out Barrett

Trotter looked pretty blazing fast when I saw him make a huge gain in clean up duty.  Also Trotter has a very accurate and quick release.  I just hope he can throw a decent long ball.

When I went to the spring game last year, I was really impressed with Trotter. I thought he was the best passing QB by far. He reminds me of Aaron Rogers, in that his release is so quick. Trotter could have started for any other team in the SEC this year, except maybe arkmart.

Frazier will be a great QB. I don't know if he will redshirt or not. If he comes in and beats out Trotter, he has to be something special.

I think Trotter will win the job and Mosley will be #2.  If Kiehl enrolled early and was able to go to Spring practice, I think he would compete for the starting job but since he's not he'll definitely be red-shirted.

With the talent we have at the skill positions, I believe Trotter can thrive as the QB for us. His quick release might be important having to replace most of the OL.

With the talent we have at the skill positions, I believe Trotter can thrive as the QB for us. His quick release might be important having to replace most of the OL.

You know....that's a really good point! Whatever it takes to win.... ;)

Trotter will do great. Obviously, he's not Cam, but he's one hell of a quarterback, and I expect him to lead us to great things. The same could go for Moseley, although unfortunately I see him being more of a Neil Caudle kind of player.

How quickly we forget that Trotter almost beat out Cam for the starting spot.

If you believe it was really that close, you're crazy.

I guess I'm crazy then. Do you not remember how bad Cam was as a passer in the spring?

Archived