Quarterback

auburnfootball08

How quickly we forget that Trotter almost beat out Cam for the starting spot.

If you believe it was really that close, you're crazy.

It was really that close, at that time coaches had NO IDEA how good of a runner cam was.  Remember they didn't find out his ability until game 1,2,&3!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say Keihl suprises everyone with he ability to adapt to the offense.  The offense Keihl has run is very close to what we will be doing.  I think Trotter will be a good QB but I certainly would question his durability with the knees.

First off Good luck Cam in the next level. Who do you think takes over the quarterback position for the 2011 squad? My guess is Trotter but Im interested in what yall think. WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In fairness, Kiehl has won 8 championships in 9 years of organized football, so it's not like we aren't bringing in talent at the position.

However, it would take a MAJOR impression by Frazier for him to win the starting job without having gone through spring drills. He has an advantage over the average blue chip freshman QB because he already knows basically the offense we run, including terminology, but he'll still be a true freshman. If not for Trotter, I could see it, but Barrett is going to open some eyes next year; he's the real deal, too.

i think neil caudle should ask for another year of eligibility cause to tell yall the truth he was only in for like 2 plays this year one 42 yard pass and a 30 yard run

i think neil caudle should ask for another year of eligibility cause to tell yall the truth he was only in for like 2 plays this year one 42 yard pass and a 30 yard run

Or another way to look at it is he got a free college education and didn't have to actually take too many hits to get it lol

He was also the holder...Caudle is going to be Malzahn's GA next year, which will do him far more good than another year of riding the pine pony.

Trotter

Moseley

Frazier

I just don't see frazier playing first year.  Unless both trotter and moseley go down with injuries.  This not due to a lack of ability.  Just you don't throw freshman to the sec wolves.

The same could go for Moseley, although unfortunately I see him being more of a Neil Caudle kind of player.

I'm starting to think the same thing. However i think it will be another huge waste. Its just not very often that you have a 6'4" 230 lb QB that's considered a pocket passer but can run a 4.6  However if you look back at my previous posts, you can tell that i've always been a huge Moseley fan.

I want to believe Trotter will do great next year, but I need to see some proof before I get excited about him. And no, the spring game and mop up duty doesnt qualify as proof. His only D-1 offers in high school were Troy, UAB, Army and Duke before Tubby snatched him, so not everyone thought he could be successful in the SEC. I guess it was a size thing because he's not the biggest guy. On the positives, it looks like he throws a great ball and really has a grasp on Gus's offense, which gives him a huge upper hand on the other guys. CMON BARRETT PROVE TO ME YOU ARE THE GUY!! I'm rooting for you!!!

I say Keihl suprises everyone with he ability to adapt to the offense.  The offense Keihl has run is very close to what we will be doing.  I think Trotter will be a good QB but I certainly would question his durability with the knees.

I believe it will be trotter as well. However I do believe that we will need a very reliable backup. Just not sure if Trotter could make it thru the entire season.

if chris todd can win games with what he had two years ago.. barrett can do really well. i think barrett is more talented than todd was, and has had a lot of reps in practice to get him ready.

if chris todd can win games with what he had two years ago.. barrett can do really well. i think barrett is more talented than todd was, and has had a lot of reps in practice to get him ready.

Yea, and 2 years of Malzahns offense.  He will be fine.

Plus, the defense is improving year to year as well. Maybe it will be the defense going from good to great next year, so we don't have to have a blowout offense. Would definately take the heat off a new starting QB.

i think yall arent giving moseley any credit, kid is good. i think he could give trotter a run. he is just young.

Are their any other JUCO qbs we dont know about and should?  :tease:

My guess is that it will be an open contest again with Trotter having a medium lead due to the reps he has taken. He only needs to throw a little and hand the ball off to Dyer anyway!!! :happydance: :happydance: :trampoline:

:believe:

WDE All!

As to whether a true freshman should / could start at QB in the SEC - I may be wrong, but I think Aaron Murray (UGA) and Tyler Bray (UT) are both true freshmen and both had pretty good years. Big learning curve and plenty of mistakes of course, but hey - whoever gives the team the best chance to win. Should be a great spring!

Archived