Cam's #2

HardFightingSoldier

This is probably a stupid thing to think about, but I can't remember the last time before Cam that we had a starting QB with a single digit number going back to Pat Sullivan. Was Pat the last one?

Here's the ones I remember off the top of my head.

Chris Todd 12

Kodi Burns 18

Brandon Cox 12

Blake Field 16

Jason Campbell 17

Daniel Cobb 16

Ben Leard 14

Dameyune Craig 16

Patrick Nix 10

Stan White 11

Reggie Slack 17

Randy Campbell 14

Jeff Klein wore #9...although I believe he only started a few games.

OMG! i looked at the OP's list and I said to myself, "Jeff Klein." Then scroll down and you beat me to it! Ha Ha.

I remember Klein's first pass was a quick screen to the flats and it went for a touchdown...... :-X

This is probably a stupid thing to think about, but I can't remember the last time before Cam that we had a starting QB with a single digit number going back to Pat Sullivan. Was Pat the last one?

Chris Todd 12

Kodi Burns 18

Brandon Cox 12

Blake Field 16

Jason Campbell 17

Daniel Cobb 16

Ben Leard 14

Dameyune Craig 16

Patrick Nix 10

Stan White 11

Reggie Slack 17

Randy Campbell 14

Charlie Trotman wore #6 and Joe Sullivan #5.  Charlie was the starter in 78 and 79.  Joe started most of 80 and some in 81.

Jeff Klein wore #9...although I believe he only started a few games.

OMG! i looked at the OP's list and I said to myself, "Jeff Klein." Then scroll down and you beat me to it! Ha Ha.

I remember Klein's first pass was a quick screen to the flats and it went for a touchdown...... :-X

For the other team?

Chris Todd 12

Kodi Burns 18

Brandon Cox 12

Blake Field 16

Jason Campbell 17

Daniel Cobb 16

Ben Leard 14

Dameyune Craig 16

Patrick Nix 10

Stan White 11

Reggie Slack 17

Randy Campbell 14

Charlie Trotman wore #6 and Joe Sullivan #5.  Charlie was the starter in 78 and 79.  Joe started most of 80 and some in 81.

Sullivan is 7, we would have retired #5 and Dyer/Trott/Holland could not be wearing it.

Chris Todd 12

Kodi Burns 18

Brandon Cox 12

Blake Field 16

Jason Campbell 17

Daniel Cobb 16

Ben Leard 14

Dameyune Craig 16

Patrick Nix 10

Stan White 11

Reggie Slack 17

Randy Campbell 14

Sullivan is 7, we would have retired #5 and Dyer/Trott/Holland could not be wearing it.

Pat Sullivan was 7, his younger brother Joe was 5

Chris Todd 12

Kodi Burns 18

Brandon Cox 12

Blake Field 16

Jason Campbell 17

Daniel Cobb 16

Ben Leard 14

Dameyune Craig 16

Patrick Nix 10

Stan White 11

Reggie Slack 17

Randy Campbell 14

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh::tease:

Chris Todd 12

Kodi Burns 18

Brandon Cox 12

Blake Field 16

Jason Campbell 17

Daniel Cobb 16

Ben Leard 14

Dameyune Craig 16

Patrick Nix 10

Stan White 11

Reggie Slack 17

Randy Campbell 14

PAT Sullvan was indeed #7.  His younger brother Joe who started a number of games for Doug Barfield and Pat Dye wore #5.  Reading is fundamental.

Will we retire #2?

We shouldn't.

Disagree, Cam deserves it.

I think AU should retire Cam's #2, he did  something the other retired Heisman winners from AU did not do...he went undefeated and won National Championship

Will we retire #2?

We shouldn't.

I think AU should retire Cam's #2, he did  something the other retired Heisman winners from AU did not do...he went undefeated and won National Championship

Those other guys have one thing Cam doesn't---a degree from Auburn

Will we retire #2?

We shouldn't.

I think anyone who wins the Heisman and a National Championship deserves to have his number retired.  Besides, he simply doesn't have his degree from Auburn...YET.  Bo came back and finished several years later.

Guest shirley4au9

Chris Todd 12

Kodi Burns 18

Brandon Cox 12

Blake Field 16

Jason Campbell 17

Daniel Cobb 16

Ben Leard 14

Dameyune Craig 16

Patrick Nix 10

Stan White 11

Reggie Slack 17

Randy Campbell 14

Joe Sullivan, Pat's brother, wore #5

Will we retire #2?

We shouldn't.

I think anyone who wins the Heisman and a National Championship deserves to have his number retired.  Besides, he simply doesn't have his degree from Auburn...YET.  Bo came back and finished several years later.

Bo's 34 wasn't retired until 1992.  He had been steadily pursueing a degree all along and finally graduated in 95.  Let's wait and see what Cam's contribution to AU is for more than 12 months before we start retiring numbers.

We need a poll for the "retire #2 jersey"

IMO Cam is the best player to ever play at Auburn (tied with Bo :-) )

but he was a 1 & done.  We uses him to win a title and he used us to get to the next level.  He was quoted many times saying it was a Business decision.  We should never ever ever ever retire a 1 & done player no matter how good he is and what he did for us.

Archived