J. Lee has something up in regard to Calloway

auparrothead

I know we all want this to be true, and we want to see Alabama get nailed, buried, dug up, burned, freeze-dried, thawed, and shot into space in a faulty Russian space capsule so that we can watch them burn up on re-entry.  That said, let's keep in mind that we don't have a whole lot of actual facts yet, and what our reaction would be if the scant evidence that we have so far was leveled against Auburn by a partisan source from Alabama or LSU.  Maybe we will get what we want, but let's try to keep some benefit of the doubt set aside, if not due to what we've been put through lately, then for the sake of trying to be the bigger men and women than those who have been attacking us with largely unsubstantiated garbage for the past 12 months.  

Good post....agreed

Sorry, but at this point, the bigger person in THIS fight, is the one carrying the bigger stick!!  Gloves off, guys!!!

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've listened to the first part of the Finebaum show, and it was no surprise that his first "guest" was Cecil Hurt. I found it interesting that Hurt said that, until J Lee mentioned names, he wasn't going to believe it. Was Hurt that way with the HBO4? They never mentioned any names, either. I do agree with a previous poster on this thread that Hurt sounded a little bit defensive, and Finebaum sounds downright depressed. Having listened to Finebaum for a number of years, if he felt this was bogus, he'd be ripping into J Lee and AU, but, for the first hour or so, he was really subdued. However, I'm sure that idiot Shane from Center Point will set him straight.

http://wnsp.com/wordpress/?page_id=2148

Here is the podcast of the interview. Hour 2, 50th minute.

Lol, I just listened to this.  He is first asked about Trevor Lacey -- he says "Brent...um, I mean Trevor"

He did also say that everything was done in cash and there are no paper trails, but there are other people besides him looking into it.

There will be paper trails if a mortgage was in arrears, and it was suddenly paid into current status, even with cash. Peaches would need to show that the cash came from a source not connected to a bammer booster for them to be in the clear. A good auditor would sniff that out in 5 minutes.

IMHO...that's what saved the Newtons. They had no big wads of cash, nor a change in their financial status that they couldn't explain. It was very obvious they didn't have a $180,000 stash, and they were willing to share their financial records to prove it.

It will be interesting to see if Peaches cooperates in the same way if the NCAA gets involved. Who wants to take bets on it?

http://wnsp.com/wordpress/?page_id=2148

Here is the podcast of the interview. Hour 2, 50th minute.

Lol, I just listened to this.  He is first asked about Trevor Lacey -- he says "Brent...um, I mean Trevor"

He did also say that everything was done in cash and there are no paper trails, but there are other people besides him looking into it.

There will be paper trails if a mortgage was in arrears, and it was suddenly paid into current status, even with cash. Peaches would need to show that the cash came from a source not connected to a bammer booster for them to be in the clear. A good auditor would sniff that out in 5 minutes.

IMHO...that's what saved the Newtons. They had no big wads of cash, nor a change in their financial status that they couldn't explain. It was very obvious they didn't have a $180,000 stash, and they were willing to share their financial records to prove it.

It will be interesting to see if Peaches cooperates in the same way if the NCAA gets involved. Who wants to take bets on it?

I think you are right them cooperating with the ncaa saved cam.  If they had stonewalled and refused to give up records I think it would have probably turned out different than it did.

BurtonJ20 - He runs AuburnSports.com (Rivals).  He is THE man over there.  I have seen him be wrong about a recruit or two but he never chimes in about bammer.  I think this has legs.

:thumbsup:

-c6d3d419f762a432.jpg

I think Nick Saban said a dirty word.  And it aint truck or spit.

Auburn Family, there is substance and traction here.  Stay tuned here at AE for the latest. 

If this is true who thinks the bammers will throw peaches at their own players?

If true it would be really funny to play "Millions of Peaches" by The Presidents of the United States at the next Iron Bowl.  (Note, I'd rather we not stoop to their level, but the thought is funny)

Auburn Family, there is substance and traction here.  Stay tuned here at AE for the latest. 

Come on pops, now you're an insider too?  ;D

Remember that Mark Komara was deemed an Auburn "booster" even though he did not have significant ties to Auburn.  The NCAA defines booster very liberally.

Komara is a good guy.  I don't like the friction between Auburn and him.

I know his family fairly well.  But he is not a booster at AU, IMO.  This explains how loose the NCAA defines a booster.

How sweet it would be if J. Lee news can be proven 100% :)

I think it can.  Why would he go on national air waves and make these claims after all the stupid claims the media has been making about AU here recently.  

Also, I think there is more to the "supporter" story.  There has to be some booster/alum connection.  If not, he should have broke it when BC played some games at bam so they would have to vacate any wins.  JLee is going for the probo.  

I am sick of all this crap... I wish everyone would quit saying my sources have told me Team A payed so and so to come play... Or Team B "allegedly" did this... If you can't name names or show solid proof then shut up and move on. The SEC is gonna crash itself if it is not too careful. Also I don't put much weight into anything JLee says. He's made a ton of bold claims this year that have fallen way short. Personally I would much rather discuss football instead of all this he said she said crap

I think it can.  Why would he go on national air waves and make these claims after all the stupid claims the media has been making about AU here recently.  

Also, I think there is more to the "supporter" story.  There has to be some booster/alum connection.  If not, he should have broke it when BC played some games at bam so they would have to vacate any wins.  JLee is going for the probo.  

IMHO...

Vacating wins is not nearly as painful. It's just a gesture, really, because nothing can change what already happened on the field. Probation is a scarier prospect, with bigger consequences.

If this is true who thinks the bammers will throw peaches at their own players?

Georgia fans might be uniquely positioned to have fun with this one.  Or we could plan a big field trip to Clanton. 

Personally, I don't think he has a single reason to be making things up. He knew very well when he broke the story the consequences for being wrong were far greater than the accolades of being right. The real question is what will the NCAA find and do about it.

ESPN had an article out this morning about how upset the NCAA Prez was about all these reported violations with patrick Peterson, OSU players selling jerseys, the HBO4 (aka liars) etc.  I think it's time for him to make an example of a team.....if JLee's story is confirmed.  

It's a great way to celebrate the 146th anniversary of the burning of turdville.

I am sick of all this crap... I wish everyone would quit saying my sources have told me Team A payed so and so to come play... Or Team B "allegedly" did this... If you can't name names or show solid proof then shut up and move on. The SEC is gonna crash itself if it is not too careful. Also I don't put much weight into anything JLee says. He's made a ton of bold claims this year that have fallen way short. Personally I would much rather discuss football instead of all this he said she said crap

I agree with you, they story BEGINS when you can name names and show proof (same thing I said about Red Snapper, ESPN, and all the other turds when they were making claims against us).

Sit on the story until you get the story and then sell it. I am tired of hearing what people are going to prove to me in the future. . Show me the money! Until then, all this is what someone "suspects" or "wants" to be true.

Saw where XXX (you know, that real reputable reporter  :-\) posted to his twitter account that he is working on something.

Actual tweet:

"I will have something on Jeff Lee's allegations in a bit.  Working on it."

IMHO...

Vacating wins is not nearly as painful. It's just a gesture, really, because nothing can change what already happened on the field. Probation is a scarier prospect, with bigger consequences.

Unless you're Bobby Bowden  :-[

Saw where XXX (you know, that real reputable reporter  :-\) posted to his twitter account that he is working on something.

Actual tweet:

"I will have something on Jeff Lee's allegations in a bit.  Working on it."

I'm sure he'll come up with a spin to put this back on Auburn.  Probably something about how J. Lee is related to Cam Newton, and didn't get his cut of the money, so he is trying to gain favor back with Auburn by tearing down bammer.  It'll be interesting to see what this POS comes out with.

Archived