J. Lee has something up in regard to Calloway

auparrothead

Although it will be great to see Bama busted....again....and continue the longest consecutive run of NCAA probation in the history of College Football, I can't help feeling sorry for BC.  He's caught in the middle and unfortunately listened to people he trusted who proved they didn't have his best interest at heart.  If money changed hands, he will be ruled ineligible and would have to apply to the NCAA for reinstatement.  The kid is in a very tough situation and we should all remember him.

I've felt sorry for him ever since his guardian forced him to go to bama when he didn't want to.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry, but this looks like 100% sour grapes on Jeffery Lee's part. Accusing someone of paying Brent Calloway and his father w/o any proof? I thought we were better than that. I completely agree with J Lee that something shady went down in Calloway's recruitment, but he shouldn't be going on radio shows saying this stuff until he gets some facts and a name.

It just looks like an AU guy is trying to get revenge for the crap we've been through, and it looks bad.

Finebaum bama listeners now think that AU controls the media universe.  Planned leaks of info to minimize bad press, just creating diversions. 

I don't know about the media universe.  But it's not unfair for people to question the article because it comes from an Auburn beat writer.  There's something to be said for questioning the source.  I hope J.Lee is right on the mark and has the facts to break this story wide-open.

I agree with you there.  I'm on pins and needles waiting for someone other than JLee to report this -- and the stories on NBC and mrsec don't count because they're only reporting on JLee's interview.

Do you guys think any of the bammer biased media in this state would have broke the story? H*LL NO! I have never heard JLee mention anything about what is going on at uat before. Why now? He must actually have a good reason/source.

So did the bammer caller on Finebaum basically just acknowledge that this happened, but it didn't matter because it was cash and couldn't be proven?

They don't have a problem with the crime, just whether or not it can be proven? Every Auburn fan has said that if we did something wrong, we deserve to be punished.

Will we hear that from the bammers?

I realize this is about 10 steps down the road, but what if all of this was proven and Alabama granted Calloway an immediate release like they did Albert Means?  You think Calloway would come to Auburn.  LOL

I'm sorry, but this looks like 100% sour grapes on Jeffery Lee's part. Accusing someone of paying Brent Calloway and his father w/o any proof? I thought we were better than that. I completely agree with J Lee that something shady went down in Calloway's recruitment, but he shouldn't be going on radio shows saying this stuff until he gets some facts and a name.

It just looks like an AU guy is trying to get revenge for the crap we've been through, and it looks bad.

From what I have heard is they got the facts.....this is not just dreamed up stuff or tin foil hat

From what I have heard is they got the facts.....this is not just dreamed up stuff or tin foil hat

They have a name too.

Finebaum bama listeners now think that AU controls the media universe.  Planned leaks of info to minimize bad press, just creating diversions. 

I don't know about the media universe.  But it's not unfair for people to question the article because it comes from an Auburn beat writer.  There's something to be said for questioning the source.  I hope J.Lee is right on the mark and has the facts to break this story wide-open.

I agree with you there.  I'm on pins and needles waiting for someone other than JLee to report this -- and the stories on NBC and mrsec don't count because they're only reporting on JLee's interview.

Do you guys think any of the bammer biased media in this state would have broke the story? H*LL NO! I have never heard JLee mention anything about what is going on at uat before. Why now? He must actually have a good reason/source.

Well then he needs to say a name and reveal his source if he can. Being an Auburn beat writer for the past 7 months, he ought to know what kind of damage and rumors come as a result of "unnamed sources."

If J Lee really goes have something, fine. I hope he does and this story is legit. But he needs to start spitting out names and ALL the facts if he knows something.

So let me try to understand this. It's ok for the updykes to start rumors, telling lies and blasting us with the help of the media with all their of crap, but if J. Lee or someone else comes out with something on uat, and we have a chance to fight back, we should never do or say anything about it?

Don't ask me to play by the rules after you take the gloves off.

JL does not have to name any name at all....not until he is ready to bring the pain!!!

Fish heads I say......Feed em Fish Heads!!!

I love the internet and I love college football. However, I constantly find myself nostalgic. I just want to go back to the days when every report was printed with the proof included and not until. I think the judge who determined that sources need not be revealed should be bludgeoned.

Well then he needs to say a name and reveal his source if he can. Being an Auburn beat writer for the past 7 months, he ought to know what kind of damage and rumors come as a result of "unnamed sources."

If J Lee really goes have something, fine. I hope he does and this story is legit. But he needs to start spitting out names and ALL the facts if he knows something.

Maybe he's seen documents, but can't make them public without admitting to a crime and compromising a source.

I doubt anyone wants to be the center of a lawsuit, but maybe he's trying to bait the turds into one.

I love the internet and I love college football. However, I constantly find myself nostalgic. I just want to go back to the days when every report was printed with the proof included and not until. I think the judge who determined that sources need not be revealed should be bludgeoned.

I agree with you there. Journalists were writers who worked hard, and were controlled by professional ethics and by an editor who had to worry about the reputation of the publication that employed them. Now almost no one cares much about any of that.

However...I'm not calling out J. Lee. He's no Thayer Evans.

http://wnsp.com/wordpress/?page_id=2148

Here is the podcast of the interview. Hour 2, 50th minute.

Lol, I just listened to this.  He is first asked about Trevor Lacey -- he says "Brent...um, I mean Trevor"

He did also say that everything was done in cash and there are no paper trails, but there are other people besides him looking into it.

jeff lee either broke a huge story that will take bama down or shut them up or he committed career suicide. hoping for the former, betting on the later.

Personally, I don't think he has a single reason to be making things up. He knew very well when he broke the story the consequences for being wrong were far greater than the accolades of being right. The real question is what will the NCAA find and do about it.

I agree with you there. Journalists were writers who worked hard, and were controlled by professional ethics and by an editor who had to worry about the reputation of the publication that employed them. Now almost no one cares much about any of that.

I agree. I'm not calling out anyone. I will reserve judgment until there is proof or lack thereof. I just can't get excited anymore about the positive or negative. Generally, there is no proof for either.

I know we all want this to be true, and we want to see Alabama get nailed, buried, dug up, burned, freeze-dried, thawed, and shot into space in a faulty Russian space capsule so that we can watch them burn up on re-entry.  That said, let's keep in mind that we don't have a whole lot of actual facts yet, and what our reaction would be if the scant evidence that we have so far was leveled against Auburn by a partisan source from Alabama or LSU.  Maybe we will get what we want, but let's try to keep some benefit of the doubt set aside, if not due to what we've been put through lately, then for the sake of trying to be the bigger men and women than those who have been attacking us with largely unsubstantiated garbage for the past 12 months.  

But JLee is a different beast. His audience is clearly defines and delineated.

This news and its newsworthiness only helps him among that audience. ... of course it helps him whether it's true or not, TBH. But the effect of making sensational and outrageous claims will have less of a significant impact on his business/career than it would for a normal corporate media outlet.

I know we all want this to be true, and we want to see Alabama get nailed, buried, dug up, burned, freeze-dried, thawed, and shot into space in a faulty Russian space capsule so that we can watch them burn up on re-entry.  That said, let's keep in mind that we don't have a whole lot of actual facts yet, and what our reaction would be if the scant evidence that we have so far was leveled against Auburn by a partisan source from Alabama or LSU.  Maybe we will get what we want, but let's try to keep some benefit of the doubt set aside, if not due to what we've been put through lately, then for the sake of trying to be the bigger men and women than those who have been attacking us with largely unsubstantiated garbage for the past 12 months.  

Good post....agreed

Personally, I don't think he has a single reason to be making things up. He knew very well when he broke the story the consequences for being wrong were far greater than the accolades of being right. The real question is what will the NCAA find and do about it.

^^^ this is true. i assume he knew the pros and cons but i heard he himself said it couldnt be proven. maybe he is so sure it is true that he knows the accussed will leave good enough alone and not sue him. i hate this for brent c.

Archived