Where is the effort this season???

Having lost many games this season against small schools, and losing the most important series this season to the worst team in the SEC, my question stands. Where is the effort of this team this season? In my opinion, this team just did not play hard enough, so Coach P, what do YOU do to change this team's lack of effort next season??? We have fantastic facilities.... we need players that care enough to do the most.... we need EFFORT!!!

Face it.  The players and coaches UNDERPERFORMED this year, much like football in 2003.  Off season work is going to be critical in that the players MUST learn a few fundamentals like bunting, covering 1st base when a ball is hit to the right side of the infield, hitting a cutoff man, etc. etc.  The seniors to be need to show some leadership which was vastly missing this year by this group of seniors.  Take charge of the off season workouts since the coaches are not allowed.  But above all, put forth effort.  Act like you care because for some reason watching this year's team, I came away with the feeling that many players were just going through the motions.  It was just painful to watch at times!

Auburn is just average at best.............That's the the main problem. The failures late in some games have been really horrible though.

FINALLY.... The effortless baseball team has been put to sleep. Coach P, you've got to do a better job of motivating, or find some players who WANT to play winning baseball. Never ssen a team that BLEW more chances for redemption than this one. WOW!!!

Today after UGA took the lead I had absolutely no confidence we'd take the lead back and it didn't seem like our players did either.  I have a tough time blaming the UT game and some of the bad non-conference losses on a lack of effort.  In playing baseball, I know extra effort in the game does not always pay off, baseball is not a game in which you can run harder or swing harder (usually that screws you up).  The effort that pays off is off season and midweek practices.  Were those not as intense or good this year?  The results seem to say so, but you never know.  Certainly we experienced a drop in talent this year, but the team never came together and certainly underachieved.

Archived