Darius Philon

DJ_Hatch

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The kid just needs to go elsewhere - the day is young, it's not even 12:00 yet.  What other schools have offered him?  He can still sign on anywhere else that will take him, no one is forcing him to take a greyshirt with uat.

Be smart Darius, sign with another school that offered you.  Screw uat.

I've read he's going to take the greyshirt and may possibly get a spot earlier if someone doesn't qualify academically...

Is there something I'm missing?  I'm an AU fan...but is there just some "holy" reason why kids will take a greyshirt from UAT rather than go somewhere else? 

When will these kids learn?

Seriously...

It makes no freaking sense to me why in the world you'd rather wait a year to play for uat when you have other offers.  :dunno:

Why are they so dead set on sitting on his bench and toting the water bottles over there?

Who the heck is advising these kids?  Surely to goodness his HS coach, parent or someone is telling him to take another offer.

It makes no freaking sense to me why in the world you'd rather wait a year to play for uat when you have other offers.   :dunno:

Why are they so dead set on sitting on his bench and toting the water bottles over there?

Who the heck is advising these kids?  Surely to goodness his HS coach, parent or someone is telling him to take another offer.

Heard he went to a signing party at his school with 12 or 13 other teammates. Must have found out while there he couldn`t sign with bama. Left real distraught and then came back later to support teammates. Don`t think anyone knows right now what he is going to do.

:devil: : What did the five fingers say to the Face?

Philon: Roll Tide, IDK?

:devil: : Lean over and I'll tell ya!

Philon: *leans over really low*  :devil: is really really short, you know.

:devil: : *SLAP* Take a greyshirt

Saban is a cold, hard hearted guy to take Tomlinson and Kirven today and leave this kid out.

It's all business.  But, he is the biggest hypocite in CFB by asking all his players to honor their comitments but he doesn't have to honor his. 

Saban is a cold, hard hearted guy to take Tomlinson and Kirven today and leave this kid out.

It's all business.  But, he is the biggest hypocite in CFB by asking all his players to honor their comitments but he doesn't have to honor his. 

Exactly.

It makes no freaking sense to me why in the world you'd rather wait a year to play for uat when you have other offers.   :dunno:

because someone or someone's close to or involved with the kids,are getting benefits to direct them there....case closed

From talking to some Vigor folks he is now heading to Arkansas

Word is that uat folks told him 2-3 weeks ago that he may have to greyshirt depending on how NSD went for them.  At that time, Petrino started pursuing him pretty hard, along with a few other schools, i.e. MSU, Kentucky.  Anyway, he must have realized pretty early that things weren't going to pan out for him at uat when they started raking in their class.  Looks as though he'll be signing with Petrino. 

IMO, the kid would be very wise to move on to another SEC school to play.  Heck, he would probably get immediate PT with Arky/MSU/Kentucky, where he would more than likely never see the field at uat.

Hopefully the kid will put his feelings aside and do what's best for him and go elsewhere rather than wait around for a spot on the bench at uat.

:devil: : What did the five fingers say to the Face?

Philon: Roll Tide, IDK?

:devil: : Lean over and I'll tell ya!

Philon: *leans over really low*  :devil: is really really short, you know.

:devil: : *SLAP* Take a greyshirt

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I just LOL'd

I have now come to the conclusion that part of the Saban strategy is to recruit athletes away from Auburn that he has no intention of signing or keeping in the system.  It was hard for me to believe that in fact a grown man in a powerful position would take advantage of young men in this manner.  Unreal.  The SEC will need to address this issue as well.  I look for additional rule changes for little nicky to try and circumvent.  There should be clear declaration to a recruit that he has a non-commitable offer, and a deadline for gray shirt request to an athlete.  saban shall now be referred to as a "grey-bagger".

These recruits, their families, and coaches have seen enough of this the past 5 years to know better. I don't feel the least bit sorry when the facts are looking them right in the face! Wake up folks!

Archived