Darius Philon

DJ_Hatch

Would not have minded if he had been committed and signed, but do we want to be a program that takes sloppy seconds from the major school in our state?  :dunno:  :dunno:

Two ways to look at that IMO, and I guess it just depends on which color your shades are.  On the one hand, we must have wanted him at some point because we offered and he accepted.  So he probably has the talent and potential our coaches are looking for.  On the other hand, if we get him in this way, it just perpetuates the perception that Saban gets whoever he wants and we sweep up the remainder.  Not sure how to feel about this one.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andrew Bone just retweeted someone saying DP stood up and put on his bammer hat.

I refuse to believe that we can't get a kid that was once commited to us offered a greyshirt by the rivals and still would sign with them and not even wait to see if we would offer him.

Andrew Bone just retweeted someone saying DP stood up and put on his bammer hat.

I refuse to believe that we can't get a kid that was once commited to us offered a greyshirt by the rivals and still would sign with them and not even wait to see if we would offer him.

I don't think the coaches are trying to get him back whatsoever

Another Bammer processed is Casey Gladney (WR).  He signed with texas tech.  He never decommitted from the turds so I'm just assuming he was told to grey shirt.

Don't need him, don't want him, IMHO. On to the next class already. He loves Bama and jumped at them upon the offer. When he's booted to a JuCo in Mississippi and signs with whoever in 2015, he'll google this thread and say Damn, I could of had a V8.

We don't need him and shouldn't want him.  He left us for the turds and now we are the back up plan?  He's the kind of guy that will disappear in a few years and never amount to anything

Don't need him, don't want him, IMHO. On to the next class already. He loves Bama and jumped at them upon the offer. When he's booted to a JuCo in Mississippi and signs with whoever in 2015, he'll google this thread and say Damn, I could of had a V8.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  :'(  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I feel sorry for the kid. He just changed his mind and got used. I wish him luck. He didn't do anything unscrupulous like another recruit with the initials TJY. And I know I'm not supposed to wish ill on anyone so I won't but.......

Another Bammer processed is Casey Gladney (WR).  He signed with texas tech.  He never decommitted from the turds so I'm just assuming he was told to grey shirt.

Gladney had grade issues - he'll be a sign & place to Tubs and will go Juco to get his grades up.

Mike Herndon (@MikeHerndon_PR)

2/1/12 11:18 AM

Trying to get confirmation on whether Philon actually signed. Coach tells TV crew "he's real distraught."

ha, did the machine spit it back at him

Guys, chill on this guy.  He plays for Vigor (UAT Lite) so he definitely wanted to play for Bama.  He was overlooked early and we saw his potential.  Unfortunately, he bought the lie from Bama.  So please lay off, unless he seriously burned bridges, I would love to have him.

Unbelievable that these kids are this easily fooled.  They need someone to lead them through this, but all of the ones that are supposed to be doing it are counting the money they got from the REC.  

this is the guy that publicly stated that he just committed to us to get an offer from the updykes....while i feel for the kid because he was lied to,used and discarded like torn underwear,we don't need nor want players that show a lack of character like that

So as a greyshirt, doesn't he have to pay his own way at UAT?  Regardless of where you're from, college is expensive.  As a parent, I would send my kid to the BEST choice that offered him full ride. 

Can a greyshirt actually sign?  Seems they would be considered basically a walk on until next year.  Wouldn't they have to wait until next year to officially sign a LOI?  

Archived