LEONARD WILLIAMS

Elephant Tipper

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got a couple of thoughts.  concerns first ... thought i read that he is interested in FL (although has canceled trips and is not listed on rivals as having one scheduled to them which is good news for us) and has expressed interest in staying at SDE.  it has been mentioned that we are looking for him at DT.  is this a problem for us.

optimism ... rivals shows trips to miami 27th and usc 20th but nothing this weekend.  i would read that as taking a couple of free vacations and that Fl is ruled out.  previous posts in this thread make him sound like a strong AU lean and signing day commit.  although i have never felt like the coaches try to manipulate things, i wonder if the coaches are hoping they will get a NSD LOI from goldman and then get a loi from williams ... i personally think williams at SDE would be awesome.  may eliminate the need to get ward/jenkins although both of them would be fantastic in the fold.

got a couple of thoughts.  concerns first ... thought i read that he is interested in FL (although has canceled trips and is not listed on rivals as having one scheduled to them which is good news for us) and has expressed interest in staying at SDE.  it has been mentioned that we are looking for him at DT.  is this a problem for us.

optimism ... rivals shows trips to miami 27th and usc 20th but nothing this weekend.  i would read that as taking a couple of free vacations and that Fl is ruled out.  previous posts in this thread make him sound like a strong AU lean and signing day commit.  although i have never felt like the coaches try to manipulate things, i wonder if the coaches are hoping they will get a NSD LOI from goldman and then get a loi from williams ... i personally think williams at SDE would be awesome.  may eliminate the need to get ward/jenkins although both of them would be fantastic in the fold.

AU is firnly in the driver's seat here especially after UF got a commit from their #! DE in Jonathan Bullard...Rivals is wrong as usual. He is not visiting Bammer the 20th. He is visiting FSU the 13th per 247...Where he plays now depends on what BVG wants to do...We would take both him and Goldman.

Important to remember that UF just got a commit from five-star DE Bullard. Williams had to notice that. UGA still pushing hard for Williams, have to wonder if he likes 3-4 or 4-3 as a better fit. AU needs this kid much more than a RB-

'Where he plays now depends on what BVG wants to do'-Ellitor

Hey E, what do ya mean by above?

Whether Williams plays DT or SDE depends on Coach Van Gorder's defense or his general opinion of the matter.

UF missing on Jenkins helped them more with Williams than Bullard. Bullard will play WDE/Buck and Williams is SDE. He was set to visit USC 1/20 but according to GC he's going to visit UF instead. IMO we're tied with UF but FSU could pull him if they push this weekend. 

Bryan Holt tweets.... (Football recruiting analyst at InsideTheGators.com)

Bryan_Holt Bryan Holt

A couple days late on this, but I believe the VanGorder hire at #Auburn solidifies Rivals100 DE Leonard Williams to the Tigers.

Bryan_Holt Bryan Holt

For those wondering about my L. Williams prediction, he really likes #Auburn but wanted to make sure Tigers hired a 4-3 DC.

'Where he plays now depends on what BVG wants to do'-Ellitor

Hey E, what do ya mean by above?

Whether Williams plays DT or SDE depends on Coach Van Gorder's defense or his general opinion of the matter.

Thank you and you read my mind hbaum. How do you already know me so well after only 6 posts? lol

Have to bet that BVG has had to tell Williams where he intends to play him, hope that decision does not hurt AU chances-

I'm confident that the Van Gorder hire has helped us gain ground on more than just Williams.

Have to bet that BVG has had to tell Williams where he intends to play him, hope that decision does not hurt AU chances-

I'm confident that the Van Gorder hire has helped us gain ground on more than just Williams.

Most of these kids were 10 when he left GA, A bit surprised so soon but for sure the rents know about him

I'm not sure the players we are recruiting care too much about what he did at Georgia considering his stint as the Falcon's DC.

Leonard Williams visited the Florida State Seminoles over the weekend and came away very impressed.  Asked if UF and Auburn were still his leaders and he stated "No leader as of right now". 

Hopefully the coaches can visit the kid and get his mind back on track to becoming an Auburn Tiger.

I agree. I think Chizik knows that having coordinators who know what it takes to get to the next level will help us gain alot of cred with these kids. Smart move by Coach Chizik.

Leonard Williams visited the Florida State Seminoles over the weekend and came away very impressed.  Asked if UF and Auburn were still his leaders and he stated "No leader as of right now". 

Hopefully the coaches can visit the kid and get his mind back on track to becoming an Auburn Tiger.

Well he did not look to impressed when he was falling asleep at the UNC-FSU basketball game.

I like the sound of that

He called the FSU visit his best yet, which may be why he was sleeping @ Bball game. Next visit for Williams is Miami-

I still don't know how he was falling asleep during that game. UNC took their players to the locker room with 8 seconds left in the game to avoid the insanity going on at the game.

Anything new here? This guy would be huge to get.

Take it with a HUGE grain of salt but a Florida mod said LW gave the Noles a silent on his OV to FSU.

Archived