LEONARD WILLIAMS

Elephant Tipper

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i tweeted with a guy who covers that area of FL and he told me that Leonard Williams, when asked about who he has the best relationship with, said Pelton from Auburn. He loves the AU staff and Pelton and HE calls Pelton every week. This was about a month ago.

I feel pretty confident that he ends up at AU.

ironically the only other staff he particularly mentioned, was USF??

He will need to bulk up to play at DT, only listed at 255 right now. Though I know we have no problem doing that with guys, ie Sigler.

He will need to bulk up to play at DT, only listed at 255 right now. Though I know we have no problem doing that with guys, ie Sigler.

wherever that listing is, it needs to be updated. He's closer to 275-280 than he is 255. He's a huge kid.

If we can continue to recruit 2 top interior d line prospects each year, we can eventually stop relying on freshmen to play.  i remember that Coach Wayne Hall would churn out All SEC D linemen every year during our halcyon days under Dye.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes on the visit and he said he is really focusing on 3 teams (although he named a top 5).  He said Florida and AU are definitely 2 of the 3 teams he is focusing on. 

very athletic, but right now he plays way too high to compete in the SEC. His talent alone is carrying him through HS football, and thats okay..for now. If he plans on making it he will need to learn the great techniques needed to compete at the next level, and will then be an awesome addition to the Auburn D-line. Can't wait to see him in O&B! Tons of potential!

He put us in his top 2.

Us and UF.  Based on his comments, I think the good orange and blue win him over. Seems as he's a Gator fan but his head

rt is telling him Auburn. 

very athletic, but right now he plays way too high to compete in the SEC. His talent alone is carrying him through HS football, and thats okay..for now. If he plans on making it he will need to learn the great techniques needed to compete at the next level, and will then be an awesome addition to the Auburn D-line. Can't wait to see him in O&B! Tons of potential!

We have coaches for a reason

Free Leonard article: http://247sports.com/Article/Auburn-feels-like-home-to-4-star-44702

One of the nation’s top defensive line prospects, Leonard Williams is trying to find his home for the next 4-5 years. The standout from Mainland in Daytona Beach, Fla., officially visited Auburn this weekend.

And he’s already feeling that hometown atmosphere in Auburn.

“It went great. I really feel at home there. I’m very comfortable,” Williams said. “Every time I go there it just brings my comfort level back up again. I just really love the coaches and atmosphere.”

Williams, 6-foot-5 and 265 pounds, camped at Auburn this summer and plans to be back with his mother on Nov. 26 for the Alabama game. This weekend, he saw the Tigers pick up a big SEC win over Florida.

“It was great. I loved the fans,” he said. “It was a full game so the fans were really hyped up.

“...I really love the family atmosphere. Everybody gets along very well. It’s truly like a brotherhood. It’s kind of like where I’m coming from right now.”

Williams, who is rated a 4-star and the nation’s No. 14 strongside defensive end by 247Sports, said the visit has Auburn in his top two along with Florida. He grew up a Gator fan but said that and distance from home won’t factor into his decision.

“I think in the end I’ll know what’s in my heart and what’s best for me,” he said.

Williams said he may make an early decision but won’t announce anything until the Under Armour All-American game in January.

7_269306.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like Daytona Beach Mainland defensive end Leonard Williams will be waiting until National Signing Day to make his college football decision.

Mainland coach Scott Wilson said Tuesday after an Under Armour All-American jersey presentation for Williams, that the 6-foot-5, 254-pound standout wants to make the announcement  at his school in front of his teammates.

It was originally thought Williams might announce at the Under Armour All-American Game in St. Petersburg on Jan. 5, at The Trop. Right now Williams said Auburn and Florida are the lead schools as he zeroes in on what school he will choose for his next step.

Williams has been on just one official visit, which was two weeks ago when Florida visited Auburn.

He enjoyed his Auburn visit, which is what put the Tigers on top for the defensive standout.

“It’s just the atmosphere there,” Williams said of his Auburn visit. “I really felt comfortable there and it felt like a family there.”

And Auburn also won the game, but that doesn’t seem to be a big deal to Williams. He has been to Florida numerous times and has an equal liking to the Gators.

“I love their coaching and their facilities,” Williams said of Florida. “They just grind hard there.”

Williams said it didn’t make any difference how close to home the school is. Also in his top five are Florida State, Tennessee and Alabama. He will be in attendance for an unofficial visit on Saturday in Tallahassee for the Miami-Florida State matchup. 

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/recruiting/os-recruiting-leonard-williams-auburn-florida-under-armour-20111108,0,2077712.story

Leonard Williams is listed as a 4-star DE, and AU could sure use a big SDE. He may be the only realistic hope at getting another top DE. But some posters think he is destined to be a DT. His evaluation suggests he might be best fit at DE on a 3-4 defense, which would not appear to match AU?? Any info on where AU coaches plan to play him if he signs w/AU?? Any idea when he plans to announce?? TIA

• 3 weeks later...

watch UF and Williams this weekend. Rumor going around their staff is now sold on him and he could commit to gates on his OV. Muschamp and Quinn did a in-home and watched his game then he pushed up his OV. Info came from UF site so tifwiw.

watch UF and Williams this weekend. Rumor going around their staff is now sold on him and he could commit to gates on his OV. Muschamp and Quinn did a in-home and watched his game then he pushed up his OV. Info came from UF site so tifwiw.

Probably means the Gators know they are not getting Bullard.

could be the case...hearing Fork Union maybe getting Bullard instead.

Dang! I thought it was the South Carolina School of Cowology. :dunno:

Dang! I thought it was the South Carolina School of Roosterology. :dunno:

FTFY  :laugh:

Clemson is the ag school in SC.

Clemson is the ag school in SC.

^^^^THIS. I was referring to Clemson.

LW set 2 more OVs. FSU on Jan. 13 and UF on Jan. 20. He had a game this past Friday at the very least was as impressive id not more so than Ward. I would love to get both of them. Williams still says AU and UF are his leaders.

Archived