LEONARD WILLIAMS

Elephant Tipper

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many on the Bunker came to the conclusion that the UF mod received the information and proceeded to post it before they wanted him to post it.

Pretty much.

Wow. Out of all these guys, I sure got the impression this guy was the most likely to come. Hope it is all just bad info, but usually there are bits of truth in these rumors (as we have recently scene).

If we lose this guy the world is not going to come crashing down, but it's not going to be pretty, either. Like a previous poster stated, last week ALL the Rivals prognosticators had this guy signing with AU---and he may still yet. But it seems now that his choices are either UF or USC. What has happened to AU that this kid is now reportedly looking elsewhere?

Rivals commitment predictions went from everyone picking Auburn to now nobody picking Auburn.

That should be your clue  they have no idea what they are saying to begin with.

So what is going on behind the scenes?  Is there a bidding war for William's services and that is why he is leaning back and forth?  Does Auburn win the kid's heart but fail to secure the real decision makers in a kid's life?  does Auburn recruit honestly and then get up-ended at the last moment by a desperate rival booster with a checkbook?  Am I completely off base?

I wouldn't count him out just yet.  It is a strange situation.  The UF rivals reporter conducted an "interview" with LW over Facebook, because LW's cell phone was down.  That sounds a little strange.  An internet interview also allows a lot of room for misinterpretation. 

So what is going on behind the scenes?  Is there a bidding war for William's services and that is why he is leaning back and forth?  Does Auburn win the kid's heart but fail to secure the real decision makers in a kid's life?  does Auburn recruit honestly and then get up-ended at the last moment by a desperate rival booster with a checkbook?   Am I completely off base?

You're reaching. If it's true that he dropped us then he probably had a change of heart. No need in bringing out the tin foil and black helicopters.

So what is going on behind the scenes?  Is there a bidding war for William's services and that is why he is leaning back and forth?  Does Auburn win the kid's heart but fail to secure the real decision makers in a kid's life?  does Auburn recruit honestly and then get up-ended at the last moment by a desperate rival booster with a checkbook?   Am I completely off base?

You're reaching. If it's true that he dropped us then he probably had a change of heart. No need in bringing out the tin foil and black helicopters.

How did you know I played with tin foil and black helicopters??    I feel violated all of a sudden. 

Rivals commitment predictions went from everyone picking Auburn to now nobody picking Auburn.

They're doing a national recruiting chat right now and they have us missing on everyone of our big guys, but Louis (They say Jaquay stays with AU).

I'm sure we miss a few, but that's BS that we miss on everyone else.

How did you know I played with tin foil and black helicopters??    I feel violated all of a sudden.   

funny-pictures-stalker-cat-is-watching-you.jpg

They're doing a national recruiting chat right now and they have us missing on everyone of our big guys, but Louis (They say Jaquay stays with AU).

I'm sure we miss a few, but that's BS that we miss on everyone else.

And if I remember correctly they had us hitting on several last week. I suppopse they somehow got confused last week.

Rivals is a legitimate site and the analysts do this for their job.  I mean it is a prediction and they could be wrong but they didn't all switch their pick from Auburn just because they felt like it.  They must have had a good reason to.  The way we appear to be closing is disappointing but I guess we won't really know until Wednesday.

Rivals is a legitimate site and the analysts do this for their job.  I mean it is a prediction and they could be wrong but they didn't all switch their pick from Auburn just because they felt like it.  They must have had a good reason to.  The way we appear to be closing is disappointing but I guess we won't really know until Wednesday.

Or they could be taking a wild arse shot in the dark and hoping to hit on a few predictions.  Even a broken watch is right twice a day. 

Or they could be taking a wild arse shot in the dark and hoping to hit on a few predictions.  Even a broken watch is right twice a day. 

Their clocks must be digital.

They aren't taking a shot in the dark.  I mean they could be wrong, Im just saying these guys have more information than most of us do and for ALL of them to switch their pick from Auburn doesn't look good. That's just the reality of it.  Let's just hope they got some bad information.

They probably did it because of whatever started all the stuff last night on twitter. Everyone started saying he eliminated us but then his coach said he hadn't. I wonder where that rumor started at. If it was credible then something may have changed.

I wouldn't count him out just yet.  It is a strange situation.  The UF rivals reporter conducted an "interview" with LW over Facebook, because LW's cell phone was down.  That sounds a little strange.  An internet interview also allows a lot of room for misinterpretation. 

a facebook interview sounds a little strange to me for a kid who is going to make a signing day "announcement" ... the whole facebook thing doesnt pass the smell test to me.  guess i could be wrong, i usually am...

All these experts on recruiting sound an awful lot like the experts who repeatedly said that AU was in deep trouble from paying Cam to play...

How did that work out?

I'd love to see how accurate these guys actually are, from their first guess to actual destination of the LOI...

Already know the answer is not a very high percentage...

Just as soon listen to ST & co... those who actually know something dealing from the AU side of things...

All these experts on recruiting sound an awful lot like the experts who repeatedly said that AU was in deep trouble from paying Cam to play...

How did that work out?

I'd love to see how accurate these guys actually are, from their first guess to actual destination of the LOI...

Already know the answer is not a very high percentage...

Just as soon listen to ST & co... those who actually know something dealing from the AU side of things...

I agree with this.  The national guys just lean on local guys for info and then make a guess from there.  For instance, FSU thinks they have Goldman and Darby...AU feels good about these guys too.  The local FSU writers send Luginbill what they have...the AU guys send him theirs, from there, he just guesses where these guys end up. 

I do hope they are wrong about Eddie Goldman. This is my must get guy for this class.

I've found the best way to curb disappointment is to not have a "must get". I'm with you though in that I would LOVE to see EG on our list.

Archived