LEONARD WILLIAMS

Elephant Tipper

Recruited by Grimes and Pelton:

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Rewind-Auburn-impresses-4-star-32665  (FREE READ- includes other AU recruits)

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Leonard-Williams-117949

4-star

Strongside defensive end

Daytona Beach, Florida

Mainland

View Map

Ht:6'5"

Wt:254 lbs

Class:2012

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well you guys brought him up and I just got this tweet from Luggy...ESPNU 150 DT Leonard Williams has accepted his Under Armour All-American game invite.

i would take leonard williams over any DE prospect we are in on right now. except for spence but hes a bit of a longshot. williams motor just doesnt give up. dudes a beast.

if we only take 1-2 DE this year like has been discussed and we are in the running for a handful of top notch (4 & 5 star) guys ... plus months to go ... we will get a very talented 1-2 DE ... fill in the name on signing day.  i like it.  LW could be it and I would be thrilled with a florida kid.  also seems like we are recruiting the same 5-8 kids like 5-8 other top notch schools.  stands to reason that we will all get at least 1 of our preferred recruits.  sounds good to me

Posts in this thread are unclear as to whether LW could/would play DE &/or DT. If he can play inside it would seem to raise his stock insofar as AU numbers are concerned.

Posts in this thread are unclear as to whether LW could/would play DE &/or DT. If he can play inside it would seem to raise his stock insofar as AU numbers are concerned.

I believe he is a DE.

His size and speed are intriguing and seems to have a tremendous upside, but he has some bad habits that will need correcting. He has difficulty shedding blocks and tends to wait for the ball carrier. Both are correctable, but like I said he seems to have a tremendous upside if those correctable habits can be cured.

I have a feeling that there could be some switching around between guys like Shanks, Goldman, Williams, etc. They are all listing the same schools as their top 3-5. We will get our share.

• 1 month later...

WOW... how hard are we recruiting this guy? His film is VERY impressive. He looks like a guy that could step in, and play from day one,.... provide some depth in that middle...

i tweeted with a guy who covers that area of FL and he told me that Leonard Williams, when asked about who he has the best relationship with, said Pelton from Auburn. He loves the AU staff and Pelton and HE calls Pelton every week. This was about a month ago.

i tweeted with a guy who covers that area of FL and he told me that Leonard Williams, when asked about who he has the best relationship with, said Pelton from Auburn. He loves the AU staff and Pelton and HE calls Pelton every week. This was about a month ago.

Thanks for the info!

I feel pretty confident that he ends up at AU.

Archived