How sheridan's Con works...

rockfordpi

My guess is that DS is a part of a very old con and,  based on the NCAA statement, they may suspect that as well. There are different variations, but the basic version goes like this:

Person A, without any evidence, only a suspicion (or hope)  calls the authorities and makes a claim against person B

Person A then calls the media and tells them that the authorities are investigating person B.

The Authorities interview person A who is in fact gathering info from the authorities (they try to get insight based on the questions being asked) to feed back to the media.

The media reports it which encourages the authorities to investigate further.

The whole triangle continues to feed off itself and I have seen these grow into HUGE deals when there was never anything there in the first place.

A good investigator or journalist  knows this game and he always assumes when he is interviewing a person that the person is also gathering info. To counter that, the investigator will ask unrelated questions and questions to which he already knows the answer. Based on the NCAA statement, they saw through the sham.

This is a very common game, I have even seen some AU people try it from time to time.

rockford, what my take on this is that the UpDykes are pissed so badly that, given the intense investigation of Cam over the past year, no indicting evidence against Cam, his father, and most especially AU has been discovered, and Bagman Sheridan has co-opted this dilemma to kill two birds with one stone, ie., put $$$ in his pocket and destroy our program using your strategy.  Ooooooops, didn't work !

WDE !!!

:zapbama:  :zapbama:  :zapbama:

I think danny is helping Auburn out of the mess faster by trying so hard to get us in trouble. The DS and NCAA war is going to push the NCAA farther into our corner. If the NCAA gets tired of listening to DS then all they have to do is come out and say their investigation into Cam is over. Then DS can't do a thing. I actually hope DS rambles on until the NCAA snaps about his claims. It will get the case closed faster.

I think danny is helping Auburn out of the mess faster by trying so hard to get us in trouble. The DS and NCAA war is going to push the NCAA farther into our corner. If the NCAA gets tired of listening to DS then all they have to do is come out and say their investigation into Cam is over. Then DS can't do a thing. I actually hopes DS rambles on until the NCAA snaps about his claims. It will get the case closed faster.

Rabern, BULLSEYE !

:zapbama:  :zapbama:  :zapbama:

You know guys..,first post by the way... Gus could have left for 3 mil and the O line Coach G could have left for many who think is the greatest program ever(I think starting their own network tonight). and they didn't.  Why?  Bc AU amd coach C is establishing one of the best programs one could have in the country.  Get over Danny and Paul F. and let's "press on" together.  One week  and counting to kick off!!!!  War Eagle.

Archived