Will we see Frazier's role expand next week vs SC

Mickeywc24

Don't ge me wrong Trotter is a good QB with a great arm, but our offense is a lot more dynamic with a running QB and it keeps defenders in the box on pass plays which helps free up our wideouts. I think at some point we are going to see a lot of Frazier this year, you don't burn a year of eligibility just to have the guy run once or twice a game.

I am sure he still as a lot to learn, and I am not talking about him taking over for Trotter, but at this point there should be a certain set of plays he can comfortably navigate through and maybe run the offense for a series or two. With Frazier in the game we may see the speed option to McCalleb actually work this year.

he will play more and more each game and eventually work some passes in. Right now though he only knows portions of the offense and thats dangerous. I know he came from a very similar system but its not so much about what he knows of the play book its also what he knows about the teams he plays against. The better defenses will make you think you have open throwing lanes and then take them away with last minute shifts. A young qb may see an open slant and then once the play hits its now double coverage, hes either gona throw into it which could be disaster or if hes lucky/aware enough to see whats going on hes gona have to regain his whits and work his check downs. you really have to be ahead of the game. (by the way for those constantly complaining about omac becoming basically a back feild receiver i expect this is why, by the end of the season he can give protection and if the down field isnt open he can go into the flat and be a home run threat as a safety valve.) Learning the playbook against those defenses could lead to a very long day. If our line play improves so will trotter. KF will continue to add in some wrinkles, but the truth is our starting qb rarely has the ball enough to work our offense, our every down back barely gets the ball 15 times a game.if we can manage to control the ball and win some ToP battles there is probably a lot that frazier can do. the key is better line play to sustain drives when we have the ball and to end it when we are on d.

Agree with the comments on blocking. BT has suffered at the hands of the O line blocking at this point. I'm a serious supporter of KF and the future he will help and bring. He would suffer some of the same issues as BT right now. He (KF) does bring a running threat we miss, need and could use right now.

Archived