Defense needs to supplement the Offense......

Deckhead

The problem:  The offense is not getting enough reps during the game.  AU is not able to get into a rhythm, thus  causing our players (OMAC, Trots, Dyer) to look for the homerun every play. 

The solution:  Forget simplifying, Get crazy on Defense!!!! :party:  I call it the SSB D.  Stunt, Slant, Blitz everydown.  So what If you get beat deep.  Have fun, and get the ball back to the O quicker.  These 10-15 play drives are killing the Gus Bus.  :banghead:

This will also take pressure off of the D because now they will only have to make a few big plays per game, and have fun learning.

Would you rather die from a slit to the throat or by 1000 paper cuts.  I say get crazy Roof, not simple. :wareagle:

The problem:  The offense is not getting enough reps during the game.  AU is not able to get into a rhythm, thus  causing our players (OMAC, Trots, Dyer) to look for the homerun every play. 

The solution:  Forget simplifying, Get crazy on Defense!!!! :party:  I call it the SSB D.  Stunt, Slant, Blitz everydown.  So what If you get beat deep.  Have fun, and get the ball back to the O quicker.  These 10-15 play drives are killing the Gus Bus.   :banghead:

This will also take pressure off of the D because now they will only have to make a few big plays per game, and have fun learning.

Would you rather die from a slit to the throat or by 1000 paper cuts.  I say get crazy Roof, not simple. :wareagle:

I'm down with this.  Turn Coach Roof loose and let him call a much more aggressive defense.  What we are currently doing isn't working.

I agree whole heartedly. The same old stuff isn't working. I saw a few RARE instances Saturday night that gave me hope. On a couple 3rd and longs, we actually sent the house after the QB. You know what happened? He crapped his pants and threw the ball into the ground!

Archived