Just so you're prepared.

87aubie

When the USCe fans and the updykes start whining about the time expiring call this week, just tell them you'll be happy to trade the offensive pass interference on Jeffries that wasn't called on the TD pass, the half dozen or so blatant holdings on USCe that weren't called in the second half alone, and the absolute BS late hit call on Sanders on USCe's last drive for one second on the clock.  That is all.

It was their own fault.... if they hadn't squandered their last time out instead of spiking the ball they could have stopped the clock w one second with a timeout.  and had a 50 yard field goal to tie.  which they would have missed.  Cause Spurious can't beat Auburn.

:bow:

When the USCe fans and the updykes start whining about the time expiring call this week, just tell them you'll be happy to trade the offensive pass interference on Jeffries that wasn't called on the TD pass, the half dozen or so blatant holdings on USCe that weren't called in the second half alone, and the absolute BS late hit call on Sanders on USCe's last drive for one second on the clock.  That is all.

I lost my voice screaming about the holding.

I was sure they were going to put the second back up and let them kick the field goal.

I thought the call was BS, too, but what's even more BS is the fact that Sanders only played 11 or 12 snaps. I don't know who watches game film, or who decides who plays, but it sure is nice to see a DE be able to stand in there against a double team, and to be able to actaually run a QB down. Our otherside DE seems to sub alot more. Not saying that Sanders is All American, or anything, or deserves to start, but the speed and pursuit differences are glaring. Flame if you will, but watch the game replay first.

I thought for sure SC was going to get the 1 second and a kick.

Even if they had, I doubt they would have been able to get lined up and get the snap off in kick formation.

The clock would presumably start as soon as the chains were advanced and the ball set, correct? 

I don't get it.  Guy is down at 1 second.  So you call TO to move the chains, set the chains, then start the clock.  No way USC gets off that kick. 

I was so sure I left the sports bar (Auburn party in Lancaster, PA) before Spurrier was done yapping.  It was a cut and dry situation IMO.

I could swear that one view of the USCe pic in the end zone hit the ground b/w the USC DB's arm and chest as he went to the ground. Did anyone else notice that or did I get that wrong ?

War Eagle !

When the USCe fans and the updykes start whining about the time expiring call this week, just tell them...

Remind them that in the last 372 days... Auburn has beaten USCe 107-57, twice with our first string, once with last year's second string. They better hope they don't face our scout team.

:aufb:  :wareagle:

Don't know Spurrier's history of clock management but looked like "the hat" calling the shots and my USC buddy sitting beside me about had a choronary during the last 38 seconds.

Throw to the middle of the field with no timeouts left and you don't deserve to get that call.  Garcia didn't have his best game tonight.

Not by a long shot.

I also thought their DB was out of the back of the endzone when he finally got control on that int.. Let both of those groups whine all they want.  :laugh:

It was their own fault.... if they hadn't squandered their last time out instead of spiking the ball they could have stopped the clock w one second with a timeout.  and had a 50 yard field goal to tie.  which they would have missed.   Cause Spurious can't beat Auburn.

:bow:

I saw Garcia ask if he were to spike or call a time out. Spur made the call.

This is another case of a game ending with me holding my breath for an extra minute waiting to see if the refs give a second (or more).  When it was finally made clear it was a win, I collapsed and my son ran outside screaming War Eagle!  Fun times.

In my delirious state, did I imagine seeing a goal post coming down?  It was a brief shot so I wasn't sure.

This is another case of a game ending with me holding my breath for an extra minute waiting to see if the refs give a second (or more).  When it was finally made clear it was a win, I collapsed and my son ran outside screaming War Eagle!  Fun times.

In my delirious state, did I imagine seeing a goal post coming down?  It was a brief shot so I wasn't sure.

They tilted them down not sure why

I remember the announcers saying they couldn't spike the ball for some reason...

Wasn't it 4th down?

all the new ones tilt down now to prevent injury from intoxicated students falling off them.

all the new ones tilt down now to prevent injury from intoxicated students falling off them.

I understand that but why would they tilt them after a loss in their own stadium?

I understand that but why would they tilt them after a loss in their own stadium?

Suicide prevention

Suicide prevention

:laugh: morbid but  :laugh:

That tackle was tackling Lemonier every passing down. I started getting upset and my wife told me she didn't want our neighbors to hear me. The refs finally called one on him and it calmed me down.

Archived