Another QB Battle

au_weagle

Lets say Trotter continues to start the rest of the year and Frazier is continued to be brought along slowly, with him having a sizeable role in the offense by season's end, like most people are predicting.

Then we go through Bowl Practice. Then Spring Practice. Next year is the year we go for Atlanta with over 20 returning starters. Will Frazier be ready? It seems like we are preparing him for next year, but Trotter isnt just going to disappear. What is the plan? I also think it should be taken into consideration that 2012 will also be Malzahn's last year. He may not get hired away due to the offense's comparative struggles to years past, but I find it difficult to believe a big program won't come after him hard once we get back to the top again. So do we leave him waiting in the wings for two years to have a new offensive coordinator brought in when it's his time? Another possibility is Malzahn has commited to sticking with Frazier through the duration, it seems like he has been waiting for this for about a decade.

So does Frazier start next year if we continue on this path?

Lets say Trotter continues to start the rest of the year and Frazier is continued to be brought along slowly, with him having a sizeable role in the offense by season's end, like most people are predicting.

Then we go through Bowl Practice. Then Spring Practice. Next year is the year we go for Atlanta with over 20 returning starters. Will Frazier be ready? It seems like we are preparing him for next year, but Trotter isnt just going to disappear. What is the plan? I also think it should be taken into consideration that 2012 will also be Malzahn's last year. He may not get hired away due to the offense's comparative struggles to years past, but I find it difficult to believe a big program won't come after him hard once we get back to the top again. So do we leave him waiting in the wings for two years to have a new offensive coordinator brought in when it's his time? Another possibility is Malzahn has commited to sticking with Frazier through the duration, it seems like he has been waiting for this for about a decade.

Whoever gives us the best chance to win will start. Barret Trotter could click and be unstoppable tomorrow for all we know. Or kiehl could all of a sudden click and be the starter over barret tomorrow.

Good question but I also ask the question are we going to do the same for Zeke Pike next year like we are doing Frazier right now?

Good question but I also ask the question are we going to do the same for Zeke Pike next year like we are doing Frazier right now?

I'd doubt it.  Only way that could happen would be if we do poorly the rest of this year.

Frazier will be the man next year.  Trotter will be back up.  Pike will redshirt.

Only way Pike sees time next season is if someone transfers....

Folks, Frazier has still only thrown ONE pass. Lets not annoint this kid the starter just yet. Lets wait & see what he can do when he is finally ready for a full spectrum of the playbook which includes passing. He is excelling in his role as situational wild cat QB currently. Lets give him time to grow.

In the interim, Barret overall has show great poise and is doing a solid job at QB.  Last i checked, he has enginereed 2 late 4th qrtr winning TD drives. Not too bad if you ask me.

Folks, Frazier has still only thrown ONE pass. Lets not annoint this kid the starter just yet. Lets wait & see what he can do when he is finally ready for a full spectrum of the playbook which includes passing. He is excelling in his role as situational wild cat QB currently. Lets give him time to grow.

In the interim, Barret overall has show great poise and is doing a solid job at QB.  Last i checked, he has enginereed 2 late 4th qrtr winning TD drives. Not too bad if you ask me.

I agree completely about Frazier, but don't quite think as highly of Trotter's performance.  The guy that gives us the best chance to win will play, period.  (Maybe we have a two qb system again next season, as well).

If I'm not mistaken, Trotter has his Degree in hand, and may not want to come back next year.

/\ /\ THIS! BT has already graduated with a degree and is getting a masters. If he sees that KF will likely start next year, there's a good chance he is not at Auburn next year.

If I'm not mistaken, Trotter has his Degree in hand, and may not want to come back next year.

/\ /\ THIS! BT has already graduated with a degree and is getting a masters. If he sees that KF will likely start next year, there's a good chance he is not at Auburn next year.

If you've been working for your whole football career to be the starter and AU and you finally accomplished it, you would walk away due to some competition?  Starting QB's don't walk away because they graduated early.

WOW... another quarterback controversy @ AU...

Wait a minute... why worry about this now when we still have so much of this season ahead of us...

and Mosley may be in the mix to help AU win games before this season is played out...

and this is in 2011 when we have no quarterback controversy...

Suggestion: enjoy the journey and don't sweat the what if's...

I don't think Pike plays next season either and believes he redshirts. Pike has a lot of raw ability, but he's only in his 2nd season of being a full time QB. That puts him behind the average HS QBs who have played the position for 3 or 4 years. Pike is gonna be a stud, but it will take a little time.

If Frazier doesn't start next year I GIVE UP.

If Frazier doesn't start next year I GIVE UP.

So do you give up being a fan of Auburn if this doesn't happen????

Did you attend Auburn??  Can't believe that anyone who attended would give up on Auburn because the coaches didn't do what they wanted....strange thing to say

People need to relax.  Trotter had a great start to the season.  He has declined, but still pulled through in the clutch against USCe.  I'm pro-Frazier in large part because of the impact he has on our running game, but if Trotter ceases to be the starter, it will be because he plays himself out of the position, in conjunction with someone else playing themselves into the position.

IMHO, without BT, we would not have won 4 games..  Not sure of the record, but starting a true freshman is suicide in the SEC.    The coaches are doing a great job with them, so in Gus I trust.

Kiehl would have all of a sudden clicked by now IF the coaches let him take a lot more snaps then waht they've allowed him to take.

Valid point there. I just dont think we would be bringing him along so quickly if we werent planning on getting him in there ASAP.

Also, please note that the "If Frazier does not start next year I GIVE UP" was not in my original post and wasadded by wde1968.

WOW... another quarterback controversy @ AU...

Wait a minute... why worry about this now when we still have so much of this season ahead of us...

and Mosley may be in the mix to help AU win games before this season is played out...

In 2011 when we have no quarterback controversy...

Suggestion: enjoy the journey and don't sweat the what if's...

^^^There you have it!!!^^^

Can't we all just agree that Trotter won't start next year?  He will start the rest of this year. Frazier will spell him more and more as he matures.  Frazier will be the guy next year.

Archived