Jermaine Whitehead and SBB

AURandy1345162767

I have heard that Whitehead's family is OK financially.  He was valedictorian last year.  So I think there is nothing to see here.  One thing you will NEVER see is anything negative about the Dawgs on SBB.

Yes I have heard his family has some money. I know people who own nice cars but really dont own them...paying on it and owning it are 2 different things.

I have a friend on the football team and he says Whitehead's family has some money. When you get a full ride to college they can afford this kind of stuff.

JW is probably like AJ at bama. Some players families do have the money to buy their kids a car. But when their only parent is working at KFC and taking care of other family members too then that is when something is most likely going on.

Guest NC1406

Actually, Whitehead twitted a picture of his new car after his HS Graduation and his signing a CFB scholarship.  Apparently his parents bought the car as a graduation gift.  I did the same for my son when he got an ROTC scholly at NC State.  The car was much cheaper than the money I spent on my second son's education who ended up joining the military after graduation.  Second kid should have gone for the scholly, but he would have given up a lot of "good times" to do it.  Just saying.........

all athletes have to report to the compliance department their car, title, and insurance. If there was any concern the athletic department would be on it. Nothing to see.

Twitter and Facebook are going to get a recruit in big trouble sooner or later.

As for a speeding citation...he may be in the DogHouse for a while or at least doing some serious punishment training. Stadium stairs, etc. But not against NCAA or SEC rules. So we shouldnt have any problems.

Facebook will be the downfall for mankind. Just saying LOL

Everyone doing something wrong ends up being caught via facebook. Whitehead not included  :)

Well, do we or do we not like sbb writing about players and cars. Nothing has changed in my mind. I don't pay any attention to him no matter who his subject is; whether it is Whitehead or trent richardson.

Guest NC1406

My opinion is the SBB's of the worlds can write what they want.  If you have done no wrong it really does not matter.  There will always be people that "flock" to that type communication and there will always be people that will "report" this stuff for the increased audience.  So be it.......does not and should not change how you proceed in life.  WAR EAGLE!

Guest Tigereagle03

I've seen Emory Blake driving an H3, should we be worried?!?! I heard Tre Mason has a decent car too!

tre family is loaded!!!

I've seen Emory Blake driving an H3, should we be worried?!?! I heard Tre Mason has a decent car too!

tre family is loaded!!!

And Emory Blake's dad was an NFL QB for many years... with the Bengals.. but still  ;)

Brooks seems to be totally obsessed about college football player's cars.  And the way he tries to beat around the bush and never say what he is actually trying to accuse people of makes me sick.  That's because he knows what  he writes is BS and he would get sued if he wasn't such a coward and came out and said what he tries to insinuate.  He is one person i wouldn't mind seeing Trent Richardson run over.  And not on the football field either.  With that Yukon Saban bought him

Brooks seems to be totally obsessed about college football player's cars.  And the way he tries to beat around the bush and never say what he is actually trying to accuse people of makes me sick.  That's because he knows what  he writes is BS and he would get sued if he wasn't such a coward and came out and said what he tries to insinuate.  He is one person i wouldn't mind seeing Trent Richardson run over.  And not on the football field either.  With that Yukon Saban bought him

:-\

Are you serious or joking? Some people have been believing anything SBB says about bama but when he writes about AU it's all crap. You can't have it both ways. I'm going with the it's all crap.

I'm serious about thinking everything he says is s***.  I'm joking about wanting TR to run over him with his SUV. And about Saban buying it for him.  I don't care who bought his car. 

I say a picture is a picture, SBB writes crap. Whitehead's family has money, Tre's dad was in a band that was successful nationally = money, Emory's dad is a former NFL player = money. They came from wealthy families.

Guys like tr, dre, julio, and maze did not......so how can they afford a $30,000+ car?

Those are the facts regardless of what Sbb says....photos are proof, his articles are bogus to put it lightly

When nice cars start making players play better, I will start hoping that schools get caught giving them to players.  Until then, I don't give a crap.  Cameron Newton drove a goofy ass scooter and he is the greatest college football player most of us ever saw.  No program is squeaky clean

Brooks and OKTC and Thayer Evans and all the other clowns who do what they do suck.  They write about that crap because they want to be sports writers but they don't know jack about sports

Oh yeah and there's someone within our Athletic Complex that monitors tweets from ALL Auburn athletes and the NCAA does this as well. Let's say a baseball player tweeted that he hated his professor and used profanity, he'd be suspended for some games.

Archived