Beat Florida

auburntiger77

I feel good about this game. Anything can happen but a night game at home is just what the doctor ordered for us right now--whoever the opponent. I didn't see much of the UF-LSU game since it was non-competitive but did I hear that Demps was out (or at least pretty gimpy)? Anyone know his status for this week?

I feel good about this game. Anything can happen but a night game at home is just what the doctor ordered for us right now--whoever the opponent. I didn't see much of the UF-LSU game since it was non-competitive but did I hear that Demps was out (or at least pretty gimpy)? Anyone know his status for this week?

I have friends who get pretty good info out of UF. They said he could have played but the UF coaches knew that beating LSU was a tall order so they kept Demps out. We will see him early and often I believe.

I have friends who get pretty good info out of UF. They said he could have played but the UF coaches knew that beating LSU was a tall order so they kept Demps out. We will see him early and often I believe.

Thanks for the info. Even with Demps I feel like we match up well with UF. Looking forward to this one. Wonder when we'll know if it'll be their second or third string QB...

WarEagle10, What do your friends say about Brantley's status? IMHO i believe that if it truly is JUST a high ankle sprain, they sit him against us and try to get him as healthy as possible for their game against UGA

This is a huge game for Auburn.  Our record is 4-2 which is actually good.  The coaches, players and fans need to bring our A game. 

Auburn should beat Florida. Coming off back to back games against Bama and LSU they are both mentally and physically beat down and disillusioned to find out they are not the good yet and just as young as we are with injuries helping. Auburn will still get hammered a few times this year, but not this week...

WarEagle10, What do your friends say about Brantley's status? IMHO i believe that if it truly is JUST a high ankle sprain, they sit him against us and try to get him as healthy as possible for their game against UGA

They don't expect him to play against us. They are hoping he will be back against UGA, but are scared that is even to soon. High ankle sprains are a nagging injury that can last a few months if not rested.

This is a huge game for Auburn.  Our record is 4-2 which is actually good.  The coaches, players and fans need to bring our A game. 

Auburn should beat Florida. Coming off back to back games against Bama and LSU they are both mentally and physically beat down and disillusioned to find out they are not the good yet and just as young as we are with injuries helping. Auburn will still get hammered a few times this year, but not this week...

Why do you think AU will be hammered? They just got hammered by the best O in the SEC and possibly the best QB. AU doesn't face any BLOWOUTS ahead. CGM and CTR need to Game Plan a WIN against UF !

:we: JUST WIN BABY  :tdau:

A WIN over UF is always SWEET !  :laugh:  :party:  :laugh:

I think we have a pretty good shot.  Offense needs to mix it up some.  Keep them guessing a little bit. Come on Gus, show us what you got!!!!  I think the real question is are we going to keep shuffling QB's in and out to get it done?

Though I would love to be wrong, I see our next win coming against Samford.

I've heard of people whose glass is half full and people whose glass is half empty.  You are the first person I've seen whose glass if flat out dry.  Give me a break.  We have a legit shot at Florida and Ole Miss.  And Georgia is not unbeatable by any means.  Have a little faith dude!

Huge huge game coming up. To me, this is the pivitol swing game of the entire season. We are 4-2 and 2-1 in the SEC and in the top 25. Not bad for this point in the season all things considered. The game Sat was a lot closer than the score indicated. The defense is certainly improving. The Oline did well in pass protection and the RBs ran hard. Obviously we need some improvement by the qb's and receivers.

We have a shot to go 3-1 in the SEC this week at home. We all know we have a tough one coming on the road after this one. We will have a LOT of recruits in town this weekend. This is a huge swing game to get the momentum back and make sure we do no worse than split one of the toughest 4 game stretches in memory with a team that is getting more experience and in most phases of the game, better each week.

Will be interesting to see if we continue to improve this week. If we do continue to improve, we will beat FL.

Me and my daughter are coming from Texas to bring our A game!!!

Where are you coming from? I am in Allen.

We are good enough to beat Fla. both teams have issues but they seem to have more than we do.

We have to make the LSU game an ugly game which means we control ball and keep it away from them like they do to everybody else. They wear teams down especially upfront. Our depth in D-line should help there their Depth ib D-line will be hard for our O-line to deal with.  Edge to LSU but I have hopes.

The Bama game is at home and record means nothing. Don't have a good reason to think we can win but I think we will.

:wareagle:

All I can say is that if Rainey or Demps makes the mistake of lining up on the line of scrimage, we need to put them into the dirt before they can get a start. You know in college football the rule is that the defensive backs can chuck the offensive receiver anytime until the ball has left the quaterbacks hand. Make good use of this rule and we will win the rest of our games. Give then 10 yard cushions, and they are goint to kill us. Look at defenses that are number one in pass defense and I'll bet that they are not giving these types of cushions every down.

i think its five yards the reciever can be hit.

Apparently there is no such rule in college. A defender can legally block (not tackle) an eligible receiver to the ground anywhere beyond the neutral zone as long as the ball is not in the air. Sounds crazy but there is no illegal contact rule like in the NFL. I was shocked there was no flag when it happened to Wisner but after reading the rules it was legal.

JMO, but AU will beat Samford and Ole Miss, should be competitive with UF and UGA, and will struggle mightily against UA and LSU.  I think 7-5 or 8-4 remains the most likely W/L record at regular season's end.

Me and my daughter are coming from Texas to bring our A game!!!

Where are you coming from? I am in Allen.

Other side of the metroplex, Midlothian.  

Archived