Beat Florida

auburntiger77

We're catching Florida at the perfect time. They're reeling, they don't have a qb, and some of their best offensive weapons are banged up. With this being a night game at Jordan Hare, the atmosphere will be electric. If our defense continues to improve like it has and we can establish a run game, this should be a very fun game

the only thing that scares me about Florida is coach Boom has to be pissed off giving up 38 and 41 points in consecutive weeks. We have to contain their speed guys on offense, force them to the middle of the field. Both teams are passing deficient, so it'll come down to turnovers and special teams.

This is a huge game for Auburn.  Our record is 4-2 which is actually good.  The coaches, players and fans need to bring our A game. 

Me and my daughter are coming from Texas to bring our A game!!!

Realistically I do believe we can beat Florida. Their offense looked like ours with the musical qb selection every other play, and they cant seem to get into a rythm. I think if our defense continues to improve like the last few games, and the offense can get straight the game is definately in our favor  :wareagle:

This is a huge game for Auburn.  Our record is 4-2 which is actually good.  The coaches, players and fans need to bring our A game. 

I would be shocked if we didn't win against florida without their starting QB.  But to say 4-2 is a good record is well depressing to me.  I hate the fact we are rebuilding (it is what it is) but I want to be reloading to rebuilding

We're catching Florida at the perfect time. They're reeling, they don't have a qb, and some of their best offensive weapons are banged up. With this being a night game at Jordan Hare, the atmosphere will be electric. If our defense continues to improve like it has and we can establish a run game, this should be a very fun game

I agree with everything you said! We also have to get the passing game going. We are just to one dimensional right now and have to at least have a threat of throwing the ball to keep UF honest. We have the team to win this game. Our guys just have to go out and do it.

with as much improvement our Run defense provided in the past two weeks i dont see how we cant win this florida game. there qb/passing game is gonna be almost non existent. i feel like we are a MUCH better team then FLorida on both sides and in special teams. plus its in our own back yard. when is the last time we lost at Jordan-Hare?

I, too, like our chances against Florida.  We are at home.  Our defense has been consistently improving over the last three games, and there's no reason to think they won't continue to improve.  Our offense has struggled but, they'll learn from their mistakes against Arkansas and play smarter.  Florida will be starting an inexperienced QB.

I'm not too upset that we lost to Arkansas; I expected us to lose that game after watching Arkansas come back against Texas A&M.  They are developing into a great offense.  I'm pleased that we actually had a chance to win that game (thanks largely to our defense and punting team), but I hate that we failed to execute on offense and kept shooting ourselves in the foot.   

I think we beat Florida, lose the following week @ LSU, and beat Ole Miss to finish October.  I think 3-2 would be a great finish for our young team to this murderer's row of a schedule for October. 

While I don't like seeing us lose, I am enjoying watching our young team grow up and learn to play as a team.  We just need to be patient; the future is still bright.

we need emory back and we have to stop the perimeter speed runs(like the adams td) which is all uf offense can do.we can win but not a given i predict we are a 1 point dog at home.

I, too, like our chances against Florida.  We are at home.  Our defense has been consistently improving over the last three games, and there's no reason to think they won't continue to improve.  Our offense has struggled but, they'll learn from their mistakes against Arkansas and play smarter.  Florida will be starting an inexperienced QB.

I'm not too upset that we lost to Arkansas; I expected us to lose that game after watching Arkansas come back against Texas A&M.  They are developing into a great offense.  I'm pleased that we actually had a chance to win that game (thanks largely to our defense and punting team), but I hate that we failed to execute on offense and kept shooting ourselves in the foot.   

I think we beat Florida, lose the following week @ LSU, and beat Ole Miss to finish October.  I think 3-2 would be a great finish for our young team to this murderer's row of a schedule for October.  While I don't like seeing us lose, I am enjoying watching our young team grow up and learn to play as a team.  We just need to be patient; the future is still bright.

Going into Oct. I thought 2-3 would be a good month. 3-2 would be a great month IMO. This is a very tough month for any team. Our young team has a great chance to have a very solid month IMO. UF is the key though. We have to find a way to win this game.

I truly believe we will win 4 of the next 6 beginning this weekend.  lsu and ua will too much but the other four are definetly within the relm. I felt like at the start of the season if we had a little luck and no injuries, we'd win 9 or 10.  well we've had some good luck but also several injuries.  That being said, winning 4 of the last 6 would put us at 8-4 in the regular season with a shot at 9-4 with a bowl win.  there was a time when 9-4 was considered a good year.  now the bar has been significantly raised which is a great thing.  but 9-4 with what we've had to work with and what is coming in makes the future seem really bright. anyhow, i try to be as objective as possible and i know we have many weaknesses that would cause question to my thinking we win 4 of the last 6.  but to me the only question in the those 4 w's is ugay.

FL has 3 guys that play QB and complete passes if their freshman QB is back. They have plenty of talent and their class two years ago was the #1 class by a large margin. They have 2 RBs as fast or faster than Joe Adams from ARK that lit us up. This game is just as critical to them as it is to us. We need to continue to improve on D and our O has got to step up. Penalties like last night could decide the FL game so I hope we tighten that up in practice.

Even though Meyer is gone I want to punk his old team : never beat us and your players still can't !  

War Eagle !  

auburn4ever

On a side note if we don't beat FL having a shot at 8 wins (tie LSU's worst record following a NC) will be very, very tough. Lord have mercy if we fall short of 8 wins because the media haters will simply unload on us all the way through signing day.

War Eagle !

All I can say is that if Rainey or Demps makes the mistake of lining up on the line of scrimage, we need to put them into the dirt before they can get a start. You know in college football the rule is that the defensive backs can chuck the offensive receiver anytime until the ball has left the quaterbacks hand. Make good use of this rule and we will win the rest of our games. Give then 10 yard cushions, and they are goint to kill us. Look at defenses that are number one in pass defense and I'll bet that they are not giving these types of cushions every down.

auburn4ever

On a side note if we don't beat FL having a shot at 8 wins (tie LSU's worst record following a NC) will be very, very tough. Lord have mercy if we fall short of 8 wins because the media haters will simply unload on us all the way through signing day.

War Eagle !

Let me put this on my list of things not to worry about.

;D

All I can say is that if Rainey or Demps makes the mistake of lining up on the line of scrimage, we need to put them into the dirt before they can get a start. You know in college football the rule is that the defensive backs can chuck the offensive receiver anytime until the ball has left the quaterbacks hand. Make good use of this rule and we will win the rest of our games. Give then 10 yard cushions, and they are goint to kill us. Look at defenses that are number one in pass defense and I'll bet that they are not giving these types of cushions every down.

i think its five yards the reciever can be hit.

AU can DEFEAT UF Sat. I will also say they can beat ANYONE left on the schedule. CGM needs to game plan and call better games for AU to do so, but it can be done. (STOP breaking momentum by running QBs in and out!) CTT needs to do a better job coaching the receivers (as in CATCH the ball and/or BLOCK somebody) and everyone in (cfb) America knows the entire D staff needs to improve.

Alabama is GOING down in Jordan-Hare. MARK IT DOWN !

:wareagle: DARE to DEFEND Jordan-HARE  :wareagle:

Archived