Eli and Stan Caller

Ahsaaref

In my suscessful attempt  to de-Joxify  I've listened to Eli and Stan since day one, and am a much better person and in a much better mood all day because of it.

However, and I have a question for the group.  If you listen,  does the caller Dave, also an OD and ESPF caller, grate on your nerves?  It takes him 10 minutes to ask a simple question and rambles on and on.  He's not a mudslinging mullet or anything like that, but I just find myself saying, "Get on with it willya?"

Anyone else have his malady?

Agree with the OP. My wife even commented several times about my "better mood" since I stopped listening to the morning and afternoon garbage on Jox. I'm still loyal to The Roundtable though; I really like all 3 of those guys; they don't get into the drama and mudslinging like the other 2 shows. They actually have fun with sports...what a concept.

As for the new show, Eli's over annunciation on every word kinda gets on my nerves but I like listening to Stan. Don't know about your caller though. I haven't really noticed him yet. Guess I'm not paying enough attention.

I feel like that with 99% of the callers on the afternoon sports show out of Auburn. 

Especially Ed!

I feel like that with 99% of the callers on the afternoon sports show out of Auburn. 

Especially Ed!

Haha! I seriously turn the radio off when I hear he is coming up next. I wish he would write down his questions and just read them instead of stumbling all over himself EVERYDAY! Shadow ticks me off but at least he can speak clearly!

I agree on Shadow.  I usually disagree with 105% (is that possible?) of what he says, but at least it is direct, coherent, and thought out prior to him calling the show. 

I really like Bill Cameron, but he needs to be quicker with the hook on the drones.

Seems like every third caller is in his 70's and just rambles on about anything that comes to mind, not just one. Still better than Finebaum.

Especially Ed!

"Ive taken up half of the time, Y'all have a great day and a great show."

Especially Ed!

"Ive taken up half of the time, Y'all have a great day and a great show."

Couldn't be his quote. There are no uhs, but uhs, I means, lengthy pauses, unfinished sentences, etc.

Seems like every third caller is in his 70's and just rambles on about anything that comes to mind, not just one. Still better than Finebaum.

What's wrong with a caller being in his seventies?

Some moron called in this morning to compare how bammer players react to losing and penn st players losing their coach. Eli said great question  :dunno: and Stan said whoa two TOTALLY different situations....bammers  :rolleyes:

Some moron called in this morning to compare how bammer players react to losing and penn st players losing their coach. Eli said great question  :dunno: and Stan said whoa two TOTALLY different situations....bammers  :rolleyes:

That's just nuts.  A football game, no matter how significant, pales in comparison to the tragedy and scandal that has taken place at Penn St.

That's just nuts.  A football game, no matter how significant, pales in comparison to the tragedy and scandal that has taken place at Penn St.

Exactly....that was incredibly ridiculous, Stan handled it well. You can't fix bammer.....

Archived