How to watch the AU-Samford Game in Alabama

BurtonJ20

Copied this from another online source.

This will prevent the ESPN3 broadcast from being blacked out if you live in Alabama.

I have heard this works and wanted to share it with the group.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***Download and install hot spot shield

***Right click the HSS icon in your system tray and select "connect"

WOW!!  Thanks for this!!

BTW, it is super easy and it does work!

I downloaded it in just a couple of minutes, my browser opened and it showed I was connected.  Went to ESPN3.com, checked AU game....click where it has "Subject to blackout" in blue....it will pull up a seperate window and let you know if you are subject to the blackout.  It said I was NOT in a blackout area!!!

Thanks again!

Just to make doubly sure....I disconnected from Hotspot Shield and went back to ESPN3.com, and it then told me that I WAS subject to the blackout and would have to watch on a local station. 

I am up here in Nashville. I am not sure if the ESPN on Xbox live will play it in AL or not but its worth a try.  I was afraid I might not be able to watch my beloved Tigers. 

OK is not subject to blackout now. but when you click on a game a popup comes up and says Get Remote Access to WatchESPN

In order to access WatchESPN, you must receive your Internet service or, in some instances, your television service through one of the providers listed below.

Your current network falls outside of these categories. Please select your provider from the list. If you can't find your provider, select "Not Found" at the bottom.

You have to choose a provider. I try att but doesn't work.

Anyone got this to work and be able to watch a game? You can try the SC vs Citadel game now.

OK is not subject to blackout now. but when you click on a game a popup comes up and says Get Remote Access to WatchESPN

In order to access WatchESPN, you must receive your Internet service or, in some instances, your television service through one of the providers listed below.

Your current network falls outside of these categories. Please select your provider from the list. If you can't find your provider, select "Not Found" at the bottom.

You have to choose a provider. I try att but doesn't work.

Anyone got this to work and be able to watch a game? You can try the SC vs Citadel game now.

Nope - I was just about to post the same thing - this works in theory but ESPN has it blocked so when you try to use remote access, it just hangs - so this solution does not work. It shows that you aren't blacked out (because it hides your location) but you can't ever get to the game itself.....

:pcprobs:

Why is the game no longer listed on ESPN3?

:pcprobs:

Try this http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/93100/1/watch-samford-vs-%2824%29-auburn.html

Anybody using this have anything besides?

This video is not available at the moment but will be up soon.

Check again in a few moments

Getting the same thing hopefully it'll come on at kick off here in a few minutes

Archived