Ladrious Phiilips

wdeexit310

Honestly the last time I saw him was the play where he got knocked on his butt against Florida. Haven't seen him since.

Maybe we will see him bounce back strong this week! That would be awesome.

Honestly he needs a lotta work  ...maybe lose 30 and get strong and mean.I know he can do a backflip..but when is he gonna blast a lb or de ...kinda thought he would get a carry

[move][glow=black,2,300]BEAST[/glow][/move]

Sorry.  I had to. :-[

I love it. That's funny. All I read on hear during the spring and summer was what a beast he is and how he's going to destroy people running the ball. Maybe one day it will happen but I have not been impressed yet. Obviously the coaches haven't either. I hope he gets it done one day.

With the Hbacks we have and will have after this recruiting class I could easily see him move back over to the dline if he is going to contribute. 

He was lead blocker on a couple of plays Saturday but I never saw him actually block anybody.  I'm not sure if the Samford players moved out of his way or if there just wasn't anyone there for him to hit?

Don't feel like digging the article up, but in an interview I ead not to long ago, Coach Chizik said he's just not where he needs to be to get significant play time and that he needs to grow up.

Don't feel like digging the article up, but in an interview I ead not to long ago, Coach Chizik said he's just not where he needs to be to get significant play time and that he needs to grow up.

I think he could say that about most of the team right now.

LP has been playing sparingly.  As soon as he develops a mean streak, conditioning, and role responsibilities required to play with the big boys he will be fine.  In high school he could just run over people, that obviously won't work in college.  He played small time high school football last year, he is now is now in the most physical competetive conference in college football.  He was the last scholarship given, and basically unrecruited for a reason.    I think he will end as a solid role player in Gus' offense.  Fans have such ridiculous expectations, just let him develop.........or not.  There are a lot of other highly recruited 4* and 5* players to focus concern for their development.

I think he could say that about most of the team right now.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:.. wait  :-X

I watched the game on-line and I seem to remember one of Dyers runs highlighted where LP threw a leed block...

If you are thinking about the play where Ben Leard was comenting on what a great block #37 had.........well, I watched the play several times thinking I had missed it.........but, alas, there was nothing to miss.  He was looking to block someone but nobody appeared.

Archived