SP2 queston

bigsixfive

I'm noticing that more pop ups are starting to get through SP2's pop up blocker... Anyone else have this problem? I've got it set on medium, and it blocks everything that I want to pop up, but I'm still getting dang annoying advertisements here and there.

If these are coming up while you are on the internet, download and install the google toolbar. It is very effective at stopping the pop up ads, not 100%, but close

FreeSurfer is another good pop-up blocker. It runs in the background. It won't install a new toolbar or anything.

One other solution: use Mozilla Firefox. Great popup blocker, but it has the ability to be customized so that you can have it block everything but certain sites that you specify are allowed to show you pop ups. For instance, you could set it to accept them from this board so that you see the pop up notifications when you get private messages.

One other solution:  use Mozilla Firefox.  Great popup blocker, but it has the ability to be customized so that you can have it block everything but certain sites that you specify are allowed to show you pop ups.  For instance, you could set it to accept them from this board so that you see the pop up notifications when you get private messages.

110937[/snapback]

I agree 100%. NOT ONLY does Firefox block popups, BUT ALSO it doesn't allow spyware and adware to install (to my knowledge, none can thus far).

Two more reasons NOT to use IE.

Oh, and be sure to run Ad-Aware anyway, just in case a program you install has adware piggybacking on it or they design adware that installs through Mozilla.

A friend of mine installed firefox on my work computer. WOW!!! Its awesome. No more pop ups, no more spyware. I really recommend it.

Archived