Could somebody help me with ...

catch8185

the kickoff issues during the IB?  Sorry, I didn't get a chance to check the game thread.  I noticed that we didn't even field two of the kickoffs during the game.  I know it might not have still changed the outcome, but it was obvious that one of the kickoff returns was pretty important.  Was it just that Bray and McCalebb miscommunicated ... or was it the sun?  Seems like no matter who is back there, if it is high enough, it shouldn't hit the ground without someone catching it and trying to return it.  I just haven't seen anything mentioned about it, and it was still gnawing at me.

My memory is on one of the kick offs they miscommunicated and the ball landed between them short of the goal line.  Fortunately the ball continued into the end zone and was downed.

:-[

One went over Bray's head and hit maybe a yard deep in the end zone. I wasn't in his head, but it looked to me like the ball went from bright sunshine into some serious shadows. I think he just lost it. The knuckleheads calling the game even mentioned it. Just my theory on that one.

Archived