Jordan Moore

AuburnWarVet

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The kid impressed enough in three playoff games to garner 20 major football offers. I wonder will LSU offer him a football scholly along with that track scholarship?

His football ceiling appears to be unlimited, and i would take this kid at Auburn in a heartbeat!!!

"I went to sleep with a dream and woke up with a reality. It was a really dream just to sit down with Coach Chizik and really discuss my opportunity to play at the next level at Auburn University," Moore said.

Moore said he didn't mind the move from wide receiver to defense because "I could play wide recevier, quarterback and linebacker at the same time, and still run super, super fast."

How fast? He holds two state track titles in Georgia. He said his best time in the 55-meter hurdles is two-tenths of a second off the world record.

Maybe that's why he said his college goal is to "try to win a couple of national championships on the track as well as on the football field."

Full article: http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/01/track_star_jordan_moore_streak.html

10449858-large.jpg

How can Jordan Moore be a high 4* on ESPN and unranked on Rivals?

I've never seen that kind of disparity.

All the interest came when he moved to Safety which was in the playoffs of this year.  His coaches made a highlight tape of him at safety sent it out and has been getting all kinds of offers.  All that within the last two months.

I like him. I think we will need a guy like this. He may be lower rated than some other guys but will fit well into the class. All of out last 8-10 guys are ranked in the top 100 and are being heavily recruited - we ARE going to get a few of them. But, not all. A Jordan Moore comes in, proves people wrong and blows it up. I can't wait.

this guy just became my favorite under rated player-we need this guy (his speed and head hunting ability, Eric Berry type)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this guy just became my favorite under rated player-we need this guy (his speed and head hunting ability, Eric Berry type)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mine too,but not for being underrated.....this guy is just flat out good....period.....i would look long and hard at placing him at outside linebacker(if his size would allow.....he is listed at various heights andweights so his exact size is a mystery).....this kid is infested with athletic ability

I think a lot of you are giving a lot of credit to this kids speed, which in actuality will be just a little faster than our other recruits. 

Take Jonathan Jones from Carrolton, GA. He actually BEAT Jordan Moore's 110 Hurdle Time in the state track meet by THREE-TENTHS OF A SECOND!!!!!!!  They didn't race against each other because one is AAAA and the other is AAA.  But three-tenths of a second is a whole lot of time in track!!! 

SO, While this kid is fast, I think the best thing for us to salivate over is not his overall speed, but his SIZE-SPEED COMBO!  Jonathan Jones is 5'10" 165, which would make since that he is fast, but JORDAN MOORE is 6"2' 205ish or bigger....THAT IS CRAZY BIG FOR THAT KIND OF SPEED!!!!!!  Glad we're after the Kid, and Glad we already have a SPEEDY one in Jones!  SO GET EXCITED ABOUT THE FUTURE OF OUR SECONDARY!!!

:wareagle:

Click here for Georgia State track results 2010-2011

http://www.ghsa.net/final-results-2011-boys-state-track-meet

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/145012/jordan-moore

http://rivals.yahoo.com/texas/football/recruiting/player-Jonathan-Jones-120807

I'm not an expert on athletic performance, but I do know something about physics.  The smaller you are, the easier it is to change speed and direction.  A bigger guy may have outstanding track speed, but that is based on straight line running.  Not saying anything about Moore, just that extra weight always comes at a price.

I'm not an expert on athletic performance, but I do know something about physics.  The smaller you are, the easier it is to change speed and direction.  A bigger guy may have outstanding track speed, but that is based on straight line running.  Not saying anything about Moore, just that extra weight always comes at a price.

I know what you are saying but tell that to Bo Jackson, Cam Newton, and Javon Robinson. All excellent at changing directions.

I know what you are saying but tell that to Bo Jackson, Cam Newton, and Javon Robinson. All excellent at changing directions.

The only one I've watched recently is Cam, and you have to admit he was slow to get going sometimes, but great at cutting once he was up to speed (and his top end speed is elite).  I think what makes bigger guys like this good in the open field is how efficiently they use their body to maximize power into the cut.  Even so, Cam will never be able to stop and start like Michael Vick.

(Also, almost every defender has to tackle Cam by his legs.  If Cam can get his legs out of the way, that is usually enough to make the tackler completely whiff.  I would argue that Cam is a master of making his legs a difficult target, without having to also redirect his torso.  Just food for thought.)

I'm sorry Ell, I don't mean to hijack, but is it Javon or Jovon?  I've seen it spelled both ways and I was curious which way is correct. 

I'm sorry Ell, I don't mean to hijack, but is it Javon or Jovon?  I've seen it spelled both ways and I was curious which way is correct. 

Javon but I just call him J-Rob.

Javon but I just call him J-Rob.

Alright, thanks Ell!

Archived