Reading material from oanow.com to pass the time

uncommonfan

A look at the way CGC Auburn recruiting classes have "finished".

At the very least it should be entertaining to sit back and watch....hopefully a positive entertaining that is!

http://www2.oanow.com/blogs/aublog/2012/jan/26/finishing-strong-history-lesson-auburns-late-commi-ar-3122039/

I think because we have so many spots left open and so many top prospects we are competing for, this may be Chizik's best finish yet, even if it doesnt amount to his best overall class. Signing day should be fun!

Seems like we are mostly just missing the usual group of 3*'s that we typically start with. IMO this shows a shift in strategy from making sure we fill every possible spot to making sure that we take top tier talent for every spot we fill. If we only take 20 or 21 people but finish with all 4 or 5 star players then I think it's a sign of a very healthy roster. The 2009 and 2010 classes both had people come in late that might not get the same chance today, because we aren't so desperate to replenish our numbers.

I think because we have so many spots left open and so many top prospects we are competing for, this may be Chizik's best finish yet, even if it doesnt amount to his best overall class. Signing day should be fun!

We'd have to land some big fish that we thought we have only marginal chances at getting for that to be the case.  I suspect a top 10 class, but his best class?  eh.  I hope so, but I wouldn't bank on it.

WDE

I think thats a result of us only having 10 people leaving the tema this year. Our depth is much better than it has been, so we can go for quality and not quantity. One thing we need to make usre doesnt happen though is losing our class balance again. We still need a solid class so we dont get stuck in the same situation as this year, with only 3 senior starters.

Also, I didnt say it would be his best class, I said his best finish. Meaning he got more signing day decisions than in any previous year.

Seems like we are mostly just missing the usual group of 3*'s that we typically start with. IMO this shows a shift in strategy from making sure we fill every possible spot to making sure that we take top tier talent for every spot we fill.

You make a good point and I believe/hope you are correct.

I'm just glad and hoping to see no more of the CTT days of losing a good portion of signees to academic issues. I know this has changed because of the over-signing rules, but that was always frustrating.

I'm sure NSD will be a very productive work day for all AU fans even remotely keeping up with recruiting... ;)

Archived