Possible staff changes at FSU and recruiting.

auriptide

Winston is also considering Stanford. So if he doesn't go to FSU then they are probably number 2.

If that kid has a chance to attend Stanford, he would be insanely foolish not to take that opportunity. #setforlife with that degree.

Trust me, there are a lot of broke Stanford grads.  Had more than a few friends from there -- some still owe me money.   That said, it's still a great college (as is Auburn), but only presents an opportunity.  The rest is up to the person who is graduating.

You still have to work though. But that degree does help.

Winston is also considering Stanford. So if he doesn't go to FSU then they are probably number 2.

If that kid has a chance to attend Stanford, he would be insanely foolish not to take that opportunity. #setforlife with that degree.

Trust me, there are a lot of broke Stanford grads.  Had more than a few friends from there -- some still owe me money.   That said, it's still a great college (as is Auburn), but only presents an opportunity.  The rest is up to the person who is graduating.

You still have to work though. But that degree does help.

No doubt, but it isn't some kind of magical Willy Wonka Golden ticket. It's funny -- some Ivy League folks snub their noses at Stanford, but there are many Harvard, Princeton, etc... grads who are broke.

Stanford is a great degree, but don't underestimate Auburn's programs!  I agree though, Winston should pick Stanford over FSU.

I have to agree.  If my child had an opportunity to get a full ride to Stanford, I'd be remiss to not try to direct them there.

FIU still has a head coach and he plans on staying there, so I'm not sure how that translates into FSU losing coaches, specifically Eddie Gran as the FIU HC and Dameyune Craig as the OC to Florida International. However, it's a beautiful rumor for FSU's recruiting opponents as NSD approaches.

Well everything you read is always 100% true. And even if he does, it's in his job description. Everyone on this site acts like it's a crime but in reality, it's necessary if he wants to land some of the big time recruits that are also looking at Auburn.

I hate seeing people judge Craig on something that is unproven.

I think Westie is in Craig denial. I've never seen it in print, but both Brian Matthews and Will Moon have mentioned on tiger talk a few times about the negative recruiting FSU , in particular Dameyune Craig, have used against Auburn.

I think its Gran that everyone thinks is the negative recruiter- as far as Craig my first question to him as a parent of a recruit would be "if Auburn is such a bad place why did you choose to attend college there?" 

I have to agree.  If my child had an opportunity to get a full ride to Stanford, I'd be remiss to not try to direct them there.

I am assuming that is only if Auburn was not an option???    ;)

Definitely a first rate school and a presence in the BCS hunt the last few years. But, I do have to say that if you are used to the south and that is all you know- California can be a bit much for some. Some like it, some hate it.

I think Westie is in Craig denial. I've never seen it in print, but both Brian Matthews and Will Moon have mentioned on tiger talk a few times about the negative recruiting FSU , in particular Dameyune Craig, have used against Auburn.

Ok so if it's true does that make Craig less of an Auburn man than you?

Not to me.  I was always a fan. He did us proud. 

You nailed it when you said  "it's in his job description".

I'm not the one being accused of bad mouthing Auburn, so I don't see how that pertains to me. For what it's worth Craig was my favorite player of all time. I can remember certain plays or wins before, but he is the first player I can remember watching and being in awe of. He was my Cam Newton growing up. Now I can't say I have personally ever head him say anything, but I don't see why BM or any other Auburn recruiting expert would say something like that if they did not have first hand knowledge.

Anyone remember when these supposed bad remarks were made?   If it was during tater tots time - or during jetgate - I can understand.  I wasn't too happy about some stuff during those times either.

So true, many people have difficulty in transferring/applying knowledge from School to life outside of the Ivory Towers.  My two sons went to State Schools....with opportunities to go "elsewhere".  I made a point with the boys that they should not let school get in the way of their education.  I think they will be set for life because of living that advice.

Archived