My Predictions

Jonesy

We get everyone on this list= top 5 class again!

Thanks Jonesy!

We get everyone on this list= top 15 class again! FTFY You missed a 1.

You should go back to last 2 years lists and take a look at what top 5 classes are. The last 2 years we got almost all of our first choices of prospects. This year we are getting 2nd and 3rd options. That is not necessarily a bad thing, it just means you are allot less guaranteed to get star athletes, 5 stars get drafted at a far higher percentage than 3 stars.

This year we are going to get 10% of our first choices, such as Zeke Pike and such. We are going to miss all the recruits we recruited the hardest such as TJ Yeldon, Stefon Diggs, Landon Collins, Cyrus Jones,Geno Smith.

And if you wanna call me a bammer. You can email me at clb0003@tigermail.auburn.edu and check my facebook Chris Brannan. I love the Auburn campus so much i walk around campus just taking pictures. I also flew my cousin who goes to Nebraska down for the Auburn vs. LSU game in 2010.

Im a glass half empty kinda guy when it comes to expectations vs. reality, but my intro to engineering class taught me that if it weren't for people who criticize things they are not happy with, the world would be a much worse place. So before anyone talks down to pessimists, remember that they help make the world a better place by not being satisfied with ordinary.

Yeah, not quite sure how the poster got top 5 out of that, but there must be some extra sugar in his kool aid. However, if we get everyone that he predicted then I can see us sneaking up in the top 10.

I've been a member of the scout board for ten years now with over 10k posts, so I spend a lot of time over there, but I'll share a predictions post I just made --

Based upon everything I've been reading and hearing the last several days this is what I believe will be the final tally on the recruits that we're after --

Eddie Goldman...*****...DT...Long considered one of the top defensive tackles in the nation, FSU makes their ridiculously strong defensive line class that much stronger with the addition of this Washington D.C. monster.

JaQuay Williams...****...WR...The top wide receiver in a state (GA) that is known for producing top tier Division 1 talent. Has made many Auburn fans nervous of late, but I expect him to be on the plains when it's all said and done.

Corderrelle Patterson...*****...WR...Considered the top juco wide receiver in the nation, Aaron Murray gets an extra set of hands to throw to as UGA lands the deep threat.

Stefon Diggs...*****...WR...DGB is considered the solid #1 receiver in the nation, but everyone's #2 is this Maryland high school product who will try to help revamp Auburn's offense.

Leonard Williams...****...DE...Probably one of the most underrated defensive ends in the class and possibly an FSU lock had they had room, so the Florida Gators will be the benefactor of a head scratcher of a recruiting battle.

Rondald Darby...*****...DB...Former Notre Dame commit is considered the #1 db in the nation, so it seems fitting that he's going to play for a coach (Gene Chizik-Auburn) who has help lead 3 db's to Thorpe Awards.

Jordan Diamond...****...OL...Mammoth offensive lineman from the windy city who will help pave blocking lanes for OC Al Borges' Michigan led offense for years to come.

Will Adams...***...OL...Once a Georgia Tech commitment before AU and UGA offered late in what's been perceived as a way to influence his teammate Jaquay Williams to attend school with his friend, so it looks like Auburn at this point.

Avery Young...****...OL...Tall and lean, so expect a redshirt to add some muscle, but definitely one of the more athletic offensive lineman in the class. UGA continues to stock pile talent with the signature of Young.

Kwon Alexander...****...OLB...Considered the top outside linebacker in the nation in the preseason, but tore an acl, but that hasn't stopped the big boys from recruiting him. All signs point to Auburn for Alexander's signature.

Jordan Moore...***...S...A track star with huge upside and great size. Gary Patterson and the TCU Horned Frogs have been neck and neck with Auburn, but the allure of playing close to home will be the deciding factor for this Georgia star, so expect him to sign with the Tigers.

Ricardo Louis...****...WR...First Auburn and then switched to FSU after it took Auburn a little while to find an oc, but all indications are that he's back with Auburn after telling FSU coach Jimbo Fisher to not bother coming to his house for an in home visit.

***That should very easily put Auburn in the top 10, but based upon my predictions it looks like there will still be a couple slots open, so we'll have to wait & see if Auburn has any surprises up its sleeve. The Tigers should end with a stellar class nonetheless. There will be some misses, but they'll be some big gets as well. Then again, you're dealing with kids, so the disclaimer of this post should be that you never really know what's going to happen when you're dealing with 17-18 year olds.***

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Jonesy!

You should go back to last 2 years lists and take a look at what top 5 classes are. The last 2 years we got almost all of our first choices of prospects. This year we are getting 2nd and 3rd options. That is not necessarily a bad thing, it just means you are allot less guaranteed to get star athletes, 5 stars get drafted at a far higher percentage than 3 stars.

This year we are going to get 10% of our first choices, such as Zeke Pike and such. We are going to miss all the recruits we recruited the hardest such as TJ Yeldon, Stefon Diggs, Landon Collins, Cyrus Jones,Geno Smith.

And if you wanna call me a bammer. You can email me at clb0003@tigermail.auburn.edu and check my facebook Chris Brannan. I love the Auburn campus so much i walk around campus just taking pictures. I also flew my cousin who goes to Nebraska down for the Auburn vs. LSU game in 2010.

Im a glass half empty kinda guy when it comes to expectations vs. reality, but my intro to engineering class taught me that if it weren't for people who criticize things they are not happy with, the world would be a much worse place. So before anyone talks down to pessimists, remember that they help make the world a better place by not being satisfied with ordinary.

Do calculations before making projections like that. On Rivals it would be around 9th and on Scout this year it will be 6th,

Thanks Jonesy!

Do calculations before making projections like that. On Rivals it would be around 9th and on Scout this year it will be 6th,

Ellitor, thanks for the great info on where the rankings would fall out.

You guys are guessing where it might or might not happen - Ellitor has put the rankings of each class into a spreadsheet (Or his enormous brain, who knows really) to see where a particular group of guys and their rankings would be respective of other classes in this years class.

Each recruit has a ranking in a service, those are added up and then compared to other classes. It seems pretty straight forward. But, keeping up with all of them is too much for me. I only studied finance at Auburn. We should get a civil engineer on the job  ;)

Thanks Jonesy!

You guys are guessing where it might or might not happen - Ellitor has put the rankings of each class into a spreadsheet (Or his enormous brain, who knows really) to see where a particular group of guys and their rankings would be respective of other classes in this years class.

Each recruit has a ranking in a service, those are added up and then compared to other classes. It seems pretty straight forward. But, keeping up with all of them is too much for me. I only studied finance at Auburn. We should get a civil engineer on the job  ;)

Im a civil engineer and so is my dad. Im in structural analysis right now

Thanks Jonesy!

ellitor, how are you making calculations for what other teams are going to do and where they're going to fall?

I don't think anyone should expect a top 5 class or they're going to be let down, but I believe a top 10 class is achievable.

Ouch. Tough year this year, given what we have gotten used to and where this class first projected. Here's to hoping that the coaches pull a few very talented rabbits out of the hat (is 6am too early for a drink?)

Thanks Jonesy!

Im a civil engineer and so is my dad. Im in structural analysis right now

I know you are. I looked at your facebook, as you requested. The civil engineering comment was meant for you.

Thanks Jonesy!

Sorry for the inconvience, but if you go to Scout's team rankings AU will be in top 5... As things stand right now...

Don't know about the critical spirit, but sorry if I offended your realist moment.

As for my optimism, please forgive me for raining on the negatist's parade...

Thanks Jonesy!

Yeah, not quite sure how the poster got top 5 out of that, but there must be some extra sugar in his kool aid. However, if we get everyone that he predicted then I can see us sneaking up in the top 10.

I've been a member of the scout board for ten years now with over 10k posts, so I spend a lot of time over there, but I'll share a predictions post I just made --

Based upon everything I've been reading and hearing the last several days this is what I believe will be the final tally on the recruits that we're after --

Eddie Goldman...*****...DT...Long considered one of the top defensive tackles in the nation, FSU makes their ridiculously strong defensive line class that much stronger with the addition of this Washington D.C. monster.

JaQuay Williams...****...WR...The top wide receiver in a state (GA) that is known for producing top tier Division 1 talent. Has made many Auburn fans nervous of late, but I expect him to be on the plains when it's all said and done.

Corderrelle Patterson...*****...WR...Considered the top juco wide receiver in the nation, Aaron Murray gets an extra set of hands to throw to as UGA lands the deep threat.

Stefon Diggs...*****...WR...DGB is considered the solid #1 receiver in the nation, but everyone's #2 is this Maryland high school product who will try to help revamp Auburn's offense.

Leonard Williams...****...DE...Probably one of the most underrated defensive ends in the class and possibly an FSU lock had they had room, so the Florida Gators will be the benefactor of a head scratcher of a recruiting battle.

Rondald Darby...*****...DB...Former Notre Dame commit is considered the #1 db in the nation, so it seems fitting that he's going to play for a coach (Gene Chizik-Auburn) who has help lead 3 db's to Thorpe Awards.

Jordan Diamond...****...OL...Mammoth offensive lineman from the windy city who will help pave blocking lanes for OC Al Borges' Michigan led offense for years to come.

Will Adams...***...OL...Once a Georgia Tech commitment before AU and UGA offered late in what's been perceived as a way to influence his teammate Jaquay Williams to attend school with his friend, so it looks like Auburn at this point.

Avery Young...****...OL...Tall and lean, so expect a redshirt to add some muscle, but definitely one of the more athletic offensive lineman in the class. UGA continues to stock pile talent with the signature of Young.

Kwon Alexander...****...OLB...Considered the top outside linebacker in the nation in the preseason, but tore an acl, but that hasn't stopped the big boys from recruiting him. All signs point to Auburn for Alexander's signature.

Jordan Moore...***...S...A track star with huge upside and great size. Gary Patterson and the TCU Horned Frogs have been neck and neck with Auburn, but the allure of playing close to home will be the deciding factor for this Georgia star, so expect him to sign with the Tigers.

Ricardo Louis...****...WR...First Auburn and then switched to FSU after it took Auburn a little while to find an oc, but all indications are that he's back with Auburn after telling FSU coach Jimbo Fisher to not bother coming to his house for an in home visit.

***That should very easily put Auburn in the top 10, but based upon my predictions it looks like there will still be a couple slots open, so we'll have to wait & see if Auburn has any surprises up its sleeve. The Tigers should end with a stellar class nonetheless. There will be some misses, but they'll be some big gets as well. Then again, you're dealing with kids, so the disclaimer of this post should be that you never really know what's going to happen when you're dealing with 17-18 year olds.***

Look on Scout and do the math... Looks like top 5 class as things stand currently with the other schools...

I have Auburn finishing with

"Commited" recruits:

Louis

J. Williams

Uncommitted recruits:

Darby

Moore

Young

Adams

Alexander

L. Williams

Torn on:

Goldman - I think it's FSU.

:o

Here's my list.

Darby

Goldman-50%

Diggs-50%

L. Williams

Young

Alexander

Louis

Adams

Moore

looks about right to me.  :thumbsup:  Thanks, Jonesy

Thanks Jonesy!

Thank you for being honest enough to call yourself a "pessimist" instead of a "realist".  I finished AU College of Engineering in 1990, and loved it, but I am more of a sunshine-pumper.  ;D

War Eagle!

Thank you for being honest enough to call yourself a "pessimist" instead of a "realist".  I finished AU College of Engineering in 1990, and loved it, but I am more of a sunshine-pumper.   ;D

War Eagle!

Absolutely!  :bow:

Look on Scout and do the math... Looks like top 5 class as things stand currently with the other schools...

I just don't see any way that could possibly be true, just knowing where we are and where other classes are (and are likely to finish). We are barely top 20 right now, and we're discussing the possibility of missing on the last few really highly rated recruits on our board.

I also don't care about rankings nearly as much as I care about filling needs with high quality players. If we miss on Young, Goldman and Kwon there is really no way you can claim that we filled our needs this year. I feel like we are likely to finish below what we needed at OT, maybe OG, DT, DE, RB (and IMHO, LB, although I imagine that some people would differ with me on this).

I love AU, I know things go in cycles, and I think that this year had a lot of extraneous negatives attached to it, but unless pretty much everything goes our way, plus some, over the next 48 hours, this is not going to be our brightest recruiting moment.

Here's my predictions. I reserve the right to change based on new info. ;)

Moore-- AU

Young-- AU

J. Williams-- AU

W. Adams-- AU

Goldman-- FSU (this one could break either way, and when that happens I go with the long-time favorite)

Darby-- AU

L. Williams-- UF or USC.

Louis-- AU

Diamond-- Michigan

Diggs-- UF (but this kid changes his mind a ton, so UF, AU, OSU, or even Maryland wouldn't shock me)

Alexander-- LSU

One potential surprise.

thanks for posting that Jonesy.

Honestly adding either of Darby or Goldman to the ones we feel pretty good about (Moore, Adams, Louis and Young) would be a pretty solid close and a decent finish that met most needs we had.

Archived