NTY time for a beat writter change in Mobile

auburntiger77

http://www.thewareaglereader.com/2012/02/crimson-journalism-on-the-supposed-anti-auburn-bias-of-evan-woodbery/

This is a solid article IMO. Personally I am not a big fan of the NTY foundation. Often times there article comes off as childish and immature. Some are fun to read and I am glad there's a group looking to promote more Auburn but they seem to spend more time attacking people than building Auburn. I'm not against attacking Alabama but I think there's a way of doing it that will come across more intelligently and effectively then a lot of what they are doing.

When it comes to Evan I don't really have an opinion either way. Personally I don't like either of Auburn's beat writers that much as many of their stories are pretty bland and they usually just rehash the same points. I've never felt like Evan has been pro-turd though when reading his articles

http://www.thewareaglereader.com/2012/02/crimson-journalism-on-the-supposed-anti-auburn-bias-of-evan-woodbery/

This is a solid article IMO. Personally I am not a big fan of the NTY foundation. Often times there article comes off as childish and immature. Some are fun to read and I am glad there's a group looking to promote more Auburn but they seem to spend more time attacking people than building Auburn. I'm not against attacking Alabama but I think there's a way of doing it that will come across more intelligently and effectively then a lot of what they are doing.

When it comes to Evan I don't really have an opinion either way. Personally I don't like either of Auburn's beat writers that much as many of their stories are pretty bland and they usually just rehash the same points. I've never felt like Evan has been pro-turd though when reading his articles

I disagree that that is a solid article and what I saw was a journalist taking up for a fellow journalist.  I have read Evan's articles and I felt he was anti-Auburn in many of his articles.

I do know of at least one journalist who wrote something defending Woodbery to be posted on the NtY site.  A few hours later, it's still pending.  That's regrettable. 

Just out of curiosity, which journalist?  Brian Matthews?

Actually, the journalist is identified in the post.  I will tell you only that it is a sports journalist who attended Auburn.

And to Blue_Sky: Maybe they're laughing, but let everyone else in on the laugh too.

And as of today (Feb. 14) the reply still has not been posted.

Evan....Is that you??????

Ha!  No, Evan Woodbery is not AuburnGrad78.  If so, he would be lying about his age AND his alma mater.  To be honest, I'm the guy who wrote the post in The War Eagle Reader mentioned up there.  Not all that concerned about hiding who I am.

:we:

Ha!  No, Evan Woodbery is not AuburnGrad78.  If so, he would be lying about his age AND his alma mater.   To be honest, I'm the guy who wrote the post in The War Eagle Reader mentioned up there.  Not all that concerned about hiding who I am.

:we:

Well as I posted above I thought it was an outstanding article and I agree with it. Personally I think the NTY group although in theory is a good idea has actually at times been a poor representation of Auburn. May of their articles sound like nothing more than message board banter. I wish they would spend more time promoting Auburn than fighting battles that just aren't worth it. There article on Shon Coleman was more in the line of things that they should be doing. Showing how Auburn is and how we treat each other.

I like the fact that there is a group wanting to fight for Auburn but do it professionally and intelligently. Outside of the Auburn family no one will take them seriously if they just spew hatred. I think it has a chance to turn into a powerful tool for Auburn but right now most of the articles don't do anything but say bama sucks and we hate Finebaum. Which I agree with both but I don't understand how that helps Auburn.....

• 2 weeks later...

I don't read his articles. There is enough anti-Auburn articles floating around as it is. I'm not saying his articles are or not, because I haven't read them. So in all fairness, I doubt that I could care less if he swaps or not.

The fact he was a part of the Big Cat weekend trouble may mean he was just being a journalist. It may also mean he has an agenda. Maybe he wasn't knowingly trying to harm Auburn but deep down he was unable to stop himself. For as we know, You just can't fix bama(or maybe he had too much bama in him).

One thing is for certain. If (by integrity or by agenda) he keeps the negative AU slant as some feel, he may not have a choice but to find another avenue to follow(as in fired). What good is a journalist who has little following?

I also think that papers in this state should find writers that have no ties to bama if they are to write about Auburn(the other way around as well). The rivalry is far too sensitive right now. So common sense tells a person if an AU grad isn't qualified then go outside the state to find one.

EDIT: I feel the NTY is a step in the right direction. Whether or not they are misguided at times is a story for another day. Aren't we all at times? The Scott Moore(I think that's the idiot's name) firing was a triumph for AU fans in the state. Maybe other talking heads will take note and at least give AU a fair shot. I wish NTY had the balls to take on Finebaum and do the same but it appears they are content with just pissing him off.

Archived