Tyrik Rollison Heading Back to the Plains?! (Debunked!)

aurules16

Sorry to post about rumours, but I figured it needed to be posted.

Tyrik Rollison's FB Status: "Just got off the phone with Coach Chizik and I'm heading back to Auburn! He said I would have a chance to compete for the starting spot! This has been a crazy day, SO BLESSED #WAREAGLE"

Facebook isn't exactly reliable but if true. WOW

"Just got off the phone with Coach Chizik and I'm heading back to Auburn! He said I would have a chance to compete for the starting spot! This has been a crazy day, SO BLESSED #WAREAGLE"

Well if it really is him posting on FB there may be some validity to it. What is the point to put out such a statement if not true.

I don't believe it.  Walk on maybe?  I'm not sure I would offer him a scholly at this point.  There's no way he could compete for a starting job because he couldn't enroll until June, if then. 

I don't believe it.  Walk on maybe?  I'm not sure I would offer him a scholly at this point.  There's no way he could compete for a starting job because he couldn't enroll until June, if then. 

Agree with all of this post.

wde

I'm taking this with a grain of salt for now, but IF this is true I'm sure Rollison will get a shot a starting the same as everyone else "gets a shot". I know the kid has posted stuff before about missing Auburn, so no doubt he truly wants to be here. However, he couldn't land the starting sport at Sam Houston. Granted they had a former Oklahoma QB start for them that year and were very good, but still. If indeed this is true I wish him luck.

Supposedly, according to Tyrik Rollison's facebook page he is headed back to AU.

Don't know if this is true, and I don't have facebook in order to check into it my self. But would be very happy if this were true.

Looks like a fake to me.  Exhibit A... 1 post on his wall and 1 picture in his album, and the picture is the opposite of classy.  I have a feeling that this is just something created by a fan of another team to stir up the Auburn fan base.

I refer to http://www.thewareaglereader.com/2010/02/500-days-of-rollison-alas-poor-tyrik-we-hardly-superpoked-ye/ as Exhibit B and wait for an official announcement, if one ever comes...

After reading the op I re-read the al.com article about TR's departure from AU in May, 2012.  One sentence caught my eye and maybe I'm reading too much into it but here it is: "Rollison did not participate in spring practice, was not listed on the team's roster and talked openly of leaving, but head coach Gene Chizik refused to completely close the door on his return." 

Thoughts ?

Full article: http://blog.al.com/auburnbeat/2010/05/qb_tyrik_rollison_is_leaving_p.html

:dunno:

I hope its not true myself. I mean we already have Mosely,Frazier,Pike,Wallace at Qb. We have enough to win a SEC Championship . I even heard Wallace was moved to WR because of the depth at QB. Let him stay at a CC in Texas IMO. Im gonna go with Frazier as the starter and Mosely transfering to a Div 2 school "IF" he isnt the starter. :aufb:

I hope its not true myself. I mean we already have Mosely,Frazier,Pike,Wallace at Qb. We have enough to win a SEC Championship . I even heard Wallace was moved to WR because of the depth at QB. Let him stay at a CC in Texas IMO. Im gonna go with Frazier as the starter and Mosely transfering to a Div 2 school "IF" he isnt the starter. :aufb:

I keep reading that about Wallace, but i don't believe it. The reason why i don't is that he haven't been evaluated yet by the coaches to see what he can do. The other reason is that Wallace is in high school and it's next to impossible to make that decision for the reason i mentioned.

Well, if Mosely transferred and Wallace was moved to WR, then there goes the depth that you speak of. That would leave us with a true Sophomore and a true Freshman. That's not gonna happen.

When TR was at AU a few years ago, he had to have AU students report a fake Facebook account.  I guarantee you this is horse crap.

Yeah something about this seems fishy.  Why would chiz call him from all the way over in Africa?  Surely to goodness he woul have to prove himself before they offered a scholarship. 

Sounds like a bammer hacked into Tyrik's FB account based on the most recent post.  Figures.

Couldn't have been a bammer fan. Those Commodore 64 computers can't do that. Besides that, bammers aren't smart enough to hack a salt shaker.

TIFWIW but Mark Murphy of ITAT said he spoke to someone on the staff and it's not happening.

Not TIFWIW.  If Mark Murphy posts/said something publically you can 99.9999% of the time take it to the bank.  People who truly believe anything on twitter and facebook without doing a TON of verifying are truly stupid and gullible at best and stupid at worst.

wde

Rumor says that Bird and Golf are on speaking terms. More to come at 11.

Rumor says that Bird and Golf are on speaking terms. More to come at 11.

When he remembers who I am.

Archived