2013 3* OG/C Khaliel Rodgers (USC signee)

RunInRed

Well, just throwing this out there, but if you want to be the best, you gotta play the best and obviously judging by this camp, Liner and Lawson were the best so, Rodgers better be steppin up to the plate. :we:

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest EagleDamnWar

Rodgers' dad visited AU today.  Was impressed.  Said he wont visit OSU and USC with Khaliel. 

Guest EagleDamnWar

Rodgers earned #2 OL at the Challenge but many believed he was #1.  He was the #8 overall player.  Excellent performance by Rodgers.  IMO and many people, he lost only one rep and that was to Lawson but some of the analyst felt he lost more.

Article up on rivals has a preview saying that Rodgers' father came away with a glowing review of Auburn. Can only mean good things!

I'm glad he isn't going with Khaliel to his next 2 visits coming up so Auburn will stick in his mind for a while.

Rodgers was hanging out in the "trojan section" with Bigelow and other USC commits.

Seems pretty obvious that he's just waiting on that USC offer.

Guest EagleDamnWar

" Lawson believes Rodgers is coming to Auburn, but it may depend on whether USC offers on Monday. " -Auburnsports.com

" Lawson believes Rodgers is coming to Auburn, but it may depend on whether USC offers on Monday. " -Auburnsports.com

This has been the $64 Million dollar question

I know the allure of being in L.A. but it still boggles my mind why anyone would want to play for Lane Kiffen and playing in the PACifier 12 rather than the SEC.

The same reasons a good defensive end would go to Clemson, less competition and video game-like stats against lesser opponents.  At least that is what I would do if my goal was the pros.

I couldn't imagine USC not eventually pulling the trigger on Rodgers.  They've got 5 more scholarships to give, and he's done nothing but lived up to his billing of #1 Guard in the nation on the camp circuit.  

HOWEVER, the only negative on Rodgers in my mind is he has some Eric Mack like conditioning he needs to go through....which plays into our favor big time.  USC can't afford to hand out scholarship to players that can't come in and be full time starters early in their careers.

I know the allure of being in L.A. but it still boggles my mind why anyone would want to play for Lane Kiffen and playing in the PACifier 12 rather than the SEC.

I was in L.A. for a week earlier this month. Wandered around the campus type area and the colliseum. I like the big city (having spent my post AU life in Atl, Miami, and briefly in Houston). That said, the campus did not impress me (and if it did impress me, I would say so). It was not pretty, it was urban, and it was not a much of a college campus IMO. Auburn is pretty and it is a college town and campus. That is what I personally want in my college years and experience. Plenty of time for the big city later.

Also, right now, I would probably pick LA to live in over AU, just like I choose to live in Miami now. I'm no longer a college kid and have greater means and want different experiences. But for the college years it is seriously a no-brainer and no question that I would vastly prefer Auburn to a big city campus experience.

I couldn't imagine USC not eventually pulling the trigger on Rodgers.  They've got 5 more scholarships to give, and he's done nothing but lived up to his billing of #1 Guard in the nation on the camp circuit.  

HOWEVER, the only negative on Rodgers in my mind is he has some Eric Mack like conditioning he needs to go through....which plays into our favor big time.  USC can't afford to hand out scholarship to players that can't come in and be full time starters early in their careers.

They essentially have 4 left because they lead big for another prospect not committed yet. Plus they are not recruiting interior linemen. Up until now they only wanted Tackles in this class.

They essentially have 4 left because they lead big for another prospect not committed yet. Plus they are not recruiting interior linemen. Up until now they only wanted Tackles in this class.

Which is interesting, because they got commitments from 2 of the best offensive tackles in the nation last year.

I still think it's a coin flip with Rodgers, however with how he's competed this summer at camps I would be surprised if he left USC without an offer.

Which is interesting, because they got commitments from 2 of the best offensive tackles in the nation last year.

I still think it's a coin flip with Rodgers, however with how he's competed this summer at camps I would be surprised if he left USC without an offer.

Well his high school coach told Rodgers if he went to the USC camp tomorrow they would offer, so we will see.

1258476.jpg

Though I still think he ends up at U$C

I am still not sure SC offers him. If they don't offer tomorrow they likely never will.

Archived