2013 3* OG/C Khaliel Rodgers (USC signee)

RunInRed

Guest EagleDamnWar

Bigelow also said he would visit the school Rodgers commits to because they are best friends.  Trust me. If Rodgers commits to auburn, you will have three of bigelow's friends there and then some family pressure so there might be some serious discussion about Au.  That being said, I think he sticks to USC no matter what.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It might be crazy of me, but personally I don't think AU needs to go after Bigelow, I was actually onnly talking about KR, I want him WAY more than Bigelow, now Bigelow is a great player, but I think we have a great shot at Adams and already have Liner, so we are not hurting for DT in this class, but we do need an OG, so KR is my priority, but if we do get all three of them, and Bigelow shows interest, then I say pursue him, until then worry about what we need.  Not so much what we want.  Just an opinion though. :)

It might be crazy of me, but personally I don't think AU needs to go after Bigelow, I was actually onnly talking about KR, I want him WAY more than Bigelow, now Bigelow is a great player, but I think we have a great shot at Adams and already have Liner, so we are not hurting for DT in this class, but we do need an OG, so KR is my priority, but if we do get all three of them, and Bigelow shows interest, then I say pursue him, until then worry about what we need.  Not so much what we want.  Just an opinion though. :)

Dee could end up at DE or DT. And we would take Adams and Bigelow.

Oh i know we would take them, but I was just saying the greater need of this class is at guard.  Between DT and guard at this moment that is.

According to Farrell, his coach told him that Rodgers has a USC offer

If Rodgers had a real offer from USC he would have already committed.  :dunno:

Guest EagleDamnWar

From Rivals:

"Rodgers-Bigelow rumors

We heard so many different things regarding the possible package deal of offensive lineman Khaliel Rodgers and defensive lineman Kenny Bigelow, teammates and best friends at ECA. We heard from one source that Rodgers actually has a USC offer and needs to decide whether to jump on it soon, and from another that no matter what Rodgers decides to do, Bigelow is 100-percent solid to USC. We heard from one of their teammates that he thinks Rodgers is headed to Auburn and that Bigelow will follow while another said both with end up at USC. So really what did we learn? Not a heck of a lot, which makes the whole Rodgers-Bigelow intrigue more intriguing. Rodgers was not in attendance and Bigelow said he's headed to USC, end of story."

That's not entirely true from what I have heard. Some little birds say while he probably would favor USC he still would think it over. Not outright commit. But what do birds know?

From what I've heard, we have a good shot at Rodgers regardless of what USC does, and he's almost a lock if the Trojans don't have a spot for him. I don't see us getting Bigelow no matter what.

That's not entirely true from what I have heard. Some little birds say while he probably would favor USC he still would think it over. Not outright commit. But what do birds know?

some know more than they say. ;)

.....but in your case, they say more than they know?  :dunno:  :laugh::P

Sounds like a really smart upstanding young man, who wants to weigh all his options before he makes a decision. Wish more recruits would follow his lead before committing then decommitting (Kearse). Whatever his choice is I wish him success. War Eagl!e

.....but in your case, they say more than they know?   :dunno:  :laugh::P

ZING!  :laugh: :laugh:

ZING!  :laugh: :laugh:

Double ZING

BOOM!!! DIRECT HIT!  laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Yeah I saw that, wonder what he is planning to do.

My guess is that he will commit to USC, unless CJG can pull some magic from his hat..... :(

My guess is that he will commit to USC, unless CJG can pull some magic from his hat..... :(

I still think his USC offer is probably contingent on him being an EE.

I agree. I think he will choose usc if given the opportunity, but I do know that he really likes Auburn.

I typically don't agree with the hard line approach with recruits, but in this case if I were the Auburn coaches I would tell KR he has an offer with us ready for his acceptance unless we get a commitment from another guard.  At that point, he'd be SOL and there is no turning back.  We could get that commitment tomorrow, next week, next month, or next year, but when and if that happens he would have no offer.

We are being treated like a backup plan in every sense of the word.

Exactly.  I think that is what he is waiting on. Once he is a confirmed EE, he will commit to USC.

I typically don't agree with the hard line approach with recruits, but in this case if I were the Auburn coaches I would tell KR he has an offer with us ready for his acceptance unless we get a commitment from another guard.  At that point, he'd be SOL and there is no turning back.  We could get that commitment tomorrow, next week, next month, or next year, but when and if that happens he would have no offer.

We are being treated like a backup plan in every sense of the word.

IMO there is no room for pride in recruiting as in letting it get in the way of getting good players. I am not saying we are a back up plan but IF we are then so be it. I still want him and will welcome him with open arms if he commits to Auburn.

Archived