Chizik talks about Recruiting

AUMASTERS

Nice post. I'm ready to add some offensive players to this class. I feel really, REALLY, good about how D recruiting has gone so far. I'm getting antsy about the O but I can see how evals will take longer because of a supposed drastic (for lack of a better word) change from spread to the new O.

Thanks Master! War Eagle!

Is it just me, or does that sound kinda wrong?

Nice post. I'm ready to add some offensive players to this class. I feel really, REALLY, good about how D recruiting has gone so far. I'm getting antsy about the O but I can see how evals will take longer because of a supposed drastic (for lack of a better word) change from spread to the new O.

Well, we need defensive players more than we do offensive players. I mean, we have four projected starters who are seniors, but the only junior who will start is Prosch. Meanwhile, Frazier, Grant, Mason, Bray, Denson, Reed, Fulse, Uzomah, Slade, and Dismukes are sophomores, and Blakely, J. Robinson, Coates, Louis, Williams, Hutcherson, Parks, G. Robinson, Coleman, O'Reilly, and all of those highly rated O-linemen we signed in February are still freshmen.

Defensively, we have between 8 and 10 projected starters who are juniors or seniors (depending on whether T Bell and Jonathan Evans start or not), not to mention quite a few significant backups who are juniors. Ergo, I think we'll see that defense will be the primary focus of this recruiting class, regardless of the evaluations. Oh we'll get a marquee QB, RB, probably another receiver or two, and a couple offensive linemen (interior linemen), but I'm far more excited about the defensive players we're pulling in due simply to the level and quantity of underclassmen we have on offense.

Well, we need defensive players more than we do offensive players. I mean, we have four projected starters who are seniors, but the only junior who will start is Prosch. Meanwhile, Frazier, Grant, Mason, Bray, Denson, Reed, Fulse, Uzomah, Slade, and Dismukes are sophomores, and Blakely, J. Robinson, Coates, Louis, Williams, Hutcherson, Parks, G. Robinson, Coleman, O'Reilly, and all of those highly rated O-linemen we signed in February are still freshmen.

Defensively, we have between 8 and 10 projected starters who are juniors or seniors (depending on whether T Bell and Jonathan Evans start or not), not to mention quite a few significant backups who are juniors. Ergo, I think we'll see that defense will be the primary focus of this recruiting class, regardless of the evaluations. Oh we'll get a marquee QB, RB, probably another receiver or two, and a couple offensive linemen (interior linemen), but I'm far more excited about the defensive players we're pulling in due simply to the level and quantity of underclassmen we have on offense.

This^^ our past recruiting classes have been better on the offensive ball so we really need to focus on the defensive side of the ball this year. I think red hit the nail on the head with his break down.

This^^ our past recruiting classes have been better on the offensive ball so we really need to focus on the defensive side of the ball this year. I think red hit the nail on the head with his break down.

Yes. And I'm still ready to add some offensive players. :rolleyes:

We need more defensive players in the next class. But then again, signing another QB & RB or 2 wouldn't hurt.

We need more defensive players in the next class. But then again, signing another QB & RB or 2 wouldn't hurt.

Yes.

Guest jrljr

Yes. And I'm still ready to add some offensive players. :rolleyes:

We will WireGrass! Patience!

Archived