Shareif Adamu

6-8 JUCO PF signed with us today. Averaged 10 points and 6 rebounds last season.

Sounds low for JUCO.  Are those good numbers?

AUBball, is this a good pickup or is this an emergency backup plan to have depth with all the attrition?

6-8 JUCO PF signed with us today. Averaged 10 points and 6 rebounds last season.

AUBball, is this a good pickup or is this an emergency backup plan to have depth with all the attrition?

Justin Hokanson just tweeted that he averaged 13 and 9. Had offers from miss st and USB with interest from FSU and georgetown. He is compared to KG. It's not a bad pickup but it is definately emergency back up plan. I think he will probably start unless Jordon Granger puts on 30 lbs this summer.

Justin Hokanson just tweeted that he averaged 13 and 9. Had offers from miss st and USB with interest from FSU and georgetown. He is compared to KG. It's not a bad pickup but it is definately emergency back up plan. I think he will probably start unless Jordon Granger puts on 30 lbs this summer.

Thanks for the info, you def forgot more about basketball than I will ever know

Not even a "directional school"...Perimeter JC in Atlanta? 

I'm not going to blame the kid....I mean, who wouldn't take a chance at AU with only a couple schools offering or "showing interest"?   

But, is Barbee learning anything from his previous "reaches"?    IMO, he could do just as well holding open try-outs on campus to fill some open slots.  I'd be willing to put next season's OL starters on the front court if Chiz would allow it. 

I realize there are no  3 or 4*s sitting around waiting on a call from AU but this?  :dunno:

Not even a "directional school"...Perimeter JC in Atlanta?   

I'm not going to blame the kid....I mean, who wouldn't take a chance at AU with only a couple schools offering or "showing interest"?   

But, is Barbee learning anything from his previous "reaches"?    IMO, he could do just as well holding open try-outs on campus to fill some open slots.   I'd be willing to put next season's OL starters on the front court if Chiz would allow it. 

I realize there are no  3 or 4*s sitting around waiting on a call from AU but this?   :dunno:

I'm going to wait and see if the kid can play before I start being critical. 

But, is Barbee learning anything from his previous "reaches"?    IMO, he could do just as well holding open try-outs on campus to fill some open slots.   I'd be willing to put next season's OL starters on the front court if Chiz would allow it. 

I realize there are no  3 or 4*s sitting around waiting on a call from AU but this?   :dunno:

He also had offers from Georgetown, Georgia, and Arkansas among others. Sometimes you have to look past the first posts to see what`s up with a kid. Believe we could have done a lot worse.

He did not have offers from those schools he was being recruited by them. He did hold offers from UAB, South AL, and Miss St. So it isn't like we stole a kid from AUM but he wasn't being recruited by a lot of big schools either.

There's just not much left out there at this point in recruiting. You take what you can get.

He also had offers from Georgetown, Georgia, and Arkansas among others. Sometimes you have to look past the first posts to see what`s up with a kid. Believe we could have done a lot worse.

He did not have offers from those schools he was being recruited by them. He did hold offers from UAB, South AL, and Miss St. So it isn't like we stole a kid from AUM but he wasn't being recruited by a lot of big schools either.

There's just not much left out there at this point in recruiting. You take what you can get.

The info I had said he had offers from them. It may be wrong but that is what I read. He had oearly offers from the three schools I mentioned as well as Iona and South Florida according to AU Undercover. The schools he picked from were his finalists. That is their words, not mine. If that is wrong, I can`t help it. Just going by what I read. I just hope the kid works out for us.

You guys are acting like we signed a kid who was going to go play for AUM or somebody. I know he isn't great but you knew we were going to sign someone else. What did you expect? He really isn't as bad as y'all are making it out to be he started for ASU as true freshman.

You guys are acting like we signed a kid who was going to go play for AUM or somebody. I know he isn't great but you knew we were going to sign someone else. What did you expect? He really isn't as bad as y'all are making it out to be he started for ASU as true freshman.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't he instantly be the only player on AU's roster with any NCAA tournament experience....albeit a play in game, but that's a ton more than anyone else. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't he instantly be the only player on AU's roster with any NCAA tournament experience....albeit a play in game, but that's a ton more than anyone else. 

Correct sir. Well now that I think about it I'm preety sure Noel has NCAA tournament experience and frankie has NIT experience.

Correct sir. Well now that I think about it I'm preety sure Noel has NCAA tournament experience and frankie has NIT experience.

Adamu has NCAA tournament experience at ASU. He played in 2011 playin game with ASU and scored 8 pts. Any little bit helps I`m sure.

Archived