THE ASYLUM

bigbird

Sorry for the intrusion from a sane, yet senior-challenged one, but I had an impulsive question for the musically-inclined here.  I was listening to a Dylan tape last night, and the harmonica in many of his cuts is something someone of my age finds very moving.  I remember Billy Joel having the same in many of his songs.  tt, or anyone, is that now a lost art with more recent offerings, or am I not looking far enough?  I find the sound of the harmonica very relaxing and peaceful.

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

I agree Pops.  We had a guy at our church recently to sing and he played the harmonica very very well.  It was nice.  ;D

Morning you two.  ;D Just in case y’all didn’t know, it’s Monday.  :( How’s it going?

Good morning 62!!  It's football time in Tennessee!!

Morning you two.  ;D Just in case y’all didn’t know, it’s Monday.  :( How’s it going?

Good morning 62!!  It's football time in Tennessee!!

I remember those days, brutal heat.  :timeout:

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Monday?!  Monday?!  I didn't get that memo!  :o

Monday?!  Monday?!  I didn't get that memo!  :o

@Eff#it'smonday:(sorry

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

I know.  :banghead:  On the bright side ( or maybe that's the cloudy side) it looks like it might rain here.  :hellyeah:

Tired & sore.  I think I pulled something changing out the toilet in our half-bath.  With the limited working space in the small room, I was breaking all kinds of lifting & bending rules trying to get it detached and out the door. :(

How's things your way?

Tired & sore.  I think I pulled something changing out the toilet in our half-bath.  With the limited working space in the small room, I was breaking all kinds of lifting & bending rules trying to get it detached and out the door. :(

How's things your way?

Sorry about the pain, almost did the same thing last night trying to get an old microwave off the wall. I got so pissed I tore the door off, tore the controller off, beat, banged and still couldn’t get it down.  :banghead:  :dunno: I thought it just kinda hooked to the bracket, hope I can find the directions.  I've been busy, busy, busy at the old house lately.

How's things your way?

Sorry about the pain, almost did the same thing last night trying to get an old microwave off the wall. I got so pissed I tore the door off, tore the controller off, beat, banged and still couldn’t get it down.  :banghead:   :dunno: I thought it just kinda hooked to the bracket, hope I can find the directions.  I've been busy, busy, busy at the old house lately.

Yeah, I know that frustration.  The wife didn't really help other than to stand behind me and tell me what I'm doing wrong.  :banghead:

How's things your way?

Sorry about the pain, almost did the same thing last night trying to get an old microwave off the wall. I got so pissed I tore the door off, tore the controller off, beat, banged and still couldn’t get it down.  :banghead:   :dunno: I thought it just kinda hooked to the bracket, hope I can find the directions.  I've been busy, busy, busy at the old house lately.

Yeah, I know that frustration.  The wife didn't really help other than to stand behind me and tell me what I'm doing wrong.  :banghead:

Ya gotta love em.  :laugh:

How's things your way?

Ya gotta love em.  :laugh:

I got her to go away by telling if she didn't leave me alone, I was going to leave the wax ring cleanup to her.  :laugh:

Wax buildup? :laugh: Glad that was your project :-X

How's folks?

A4e, back home ;D

POPS :cool:

www.hohnerusa.com I DO NOT KNOW IF IT STILL DOES, but, these guys make most of the harps used in the world, and their site used to have a list for people who have performed on recorded/released music. Short of that, look for a lot of stuff on www.musicfog.com, that is the genre of music that uses it most and it is a wide genre of music, it encompasses a lot of styles.

Wax buildup? :laugh: Glad that was your project :-X

www.hohnerusa.com I DO NOT KNOW IF IT STILL DOES, but, these guys make most of the harps used in the world, and their site used to have a list for people who have performed on recorded/released music. Short of that, look for a lot of stuff on www.musicfog.com, that is the genre of music that uses it most and it is a wide genre of music, it encompasses a lot of styles.

It's the beeswax seal between the throne and the evacuation pipe.  Gotta remove the old one before putting the new one in :)

I second the recommendation of Music Fog.  :cool:

After having to explain to my wife what it was this weekend, I just assumed I'd put the explanation out there. :)

I probably shouldn't be, but I'm always amused when I contribute to a thread death. :laugh:

Oh, what death hath thou wrought? It doesn't take much here, one of the board member panic buttons hits,"oh mod please make this a new thread, wahwahwah" not everything in a thread will be something we all want to talk about.

It might not be an aspect of the subject we find interesting but someone else might. The simple ABOUND and often rule. Sad.

Barn, you avoided probation ;D:yay::trampoline::hellyeah::happydance:

NOW STOP IT!!!!!!!!!! ;):cool:

Oh, what death hath thou wrought? It doesn't take much here, one of the board member panic buttons hits,"oh mod please make this a new thread, wahwahwah" not everything in a thread will be something we all want to talk about.

It might not be an aspect of the subject we find interesting but someone else might. The simple ABOUND and often rule. Sad.

Yeah, someone's delicate sensibilities were offended.

He'll probably drop by this thread to outline how he wasn't offended...

Morning TT.  ;D

Morning Barn, glad to hear it for ya.  :thumbsup:

Thanks.  :bow: