THE ASYLUM

bigbird

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

That stuff is amazing. I'll drink tequila all day with no problem, but one drink of gin and I'll be dancing on the bar singing tiny dancer

I feel like that's not a joke but a story that you just told. Either way, I've done worse. Because that stuff works the same on me. Wth?? 

Here's the thing, though... I can drink negronis like nobody's business. Maybe they don't work on me because I don't speak Italian. *shrug*

Bourbon makes me strong, smart, funny, handsome, and 2 inches longer. But the next day I feel every conceivable kind of awful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I feel like that's not a joke but a story that you just told. Either way, I've done worse. Because that stuff works the same on me. Wth?? 

Here's the thing, though... I can drink negronis like nobody's business. Maybe they don't work on me because I don't speak Italian. *shrug*

Bourbon makes me strong, smart, funny, handsome, and 2 inches longer. But the next day I feel every conceivable kind of awful.

I've always preferred liquor over beer. In fact, a hard cider would probably be my 2nd choice. Bourbon and tequila are my favorites, but tequila is my #1.  It just hits me differently, almost makes me feel high, relaxed and floaty with the laughter and hunger. Gin is just a different animal for me

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I've always preferred liquor over beer. In fact, a hard cider would probably be my 2nd choice. Bourbon and tequila are my favorites, but tequila is my #1.  It just hits me differently, almost makes me feel high, relaxed and floaty with the laughter and hunger. Gin is just a different animal for me

Beer is a young man's game. My GI just doesn't have time for it anymore. I used to be a hardcore beer nerd but I just literally don't have the stomach for it now. I'm much happier sipping on a glass of something stronger. 

I need to get back into tequila. I like mezcal, too. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Names and details have been changed to protect the identity of those involved

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

I’m with you, brother.  I downsized over the summer and everything is slowing down drastically. Reading all the others make me reminisce about decisions made and how I hope I was doing what was best. 

Bird; 🙏 for your families continued strength.  You got this.

I know James got his looks from his mom, where did he get the stubbornness?  Any idea Golf?

If you ever met bird you would know where James gets it from....you think Gus was stubborn not even close to you know who

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Called into HR for that one...

You probably called a lot more then just HR that looked like that one hurt just a tiny bit😂

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

Anybody else got there Christmas stuff up yet? 

No, Madi called last week and asked if we could decorate when she comes home for Thanksgiving break. 

We try to give each season a little time by itself. 😂

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

No, Madi called last week and asked if we could decorate when she comes home for Thanksgiving break. 

We try to give each season a little time by itself. 😂

Listen my wife wanted it up so I did it 😂 what makes her happy let's me be happy 😁 

Also thats nice of you to wait on your kid though.

Edited by autiger88

10 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Also thats nice of you to wait on your kid though.

Like I had a choice

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Anybody else got there Christmas stuff up yet? 

Lord, we haven't even put away the Halloween stuff yet. Waiting for a citation from the HOA any day.

Wifey asked about Christmas decorations and I told her not until December. The rest of our November is too damn busy. Disney trip, both kids' birthdays, traveling for Thanksgiving, her busiest month for work... 

Not to mention it's one of the best months of the year for watching sports. Literally every league I actually pay attention to (sorry MLB) and a couple of them are deciding the postseason picture. 

One of the best months of the year weather-wise, since we live in one of the muggiest, buggiest parts of the country...

That Christmas tree can chill for a few more weeks. 

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Lord, we haven't even put away the Halloween stuff yet. Waiting for a citation from the HOA any day.

Wifey asked about Christmas decorations and I told her not until December. The rest of our November is too damn busy. Disney trip, both kids' birthdays, traveling for Thanksgiving, her busiest month for work... 

Not to mention it's one of the best months of the year for watching sports. Literally every league I actually pay attention to (sorry MLB) and a couple of them are deciding the postseason picture. 

One of the best months of the year weather-wise, since we live in one of the muggiest, buggiest parts of the country...

That Christmas tree can chill for a few more weeks. 

You right you do have a busy November lol, ours isn't so bad but my wife asked(told) me if we can put up the Christmas stuff up now on November 1st and I said sure( Like I really had a choice) 😂. It's her favorite time of the year. 

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Disney trip

We did that in July.  Had a blast spent the week and ended it with Brunch with Golf and his beautiful wife. 

We stayed at the boardwalk and they still had crowds reduced, it made all the parks very comfortable.

• Love 1

21 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

You right you do have a busy November lol, ours isn't so bad but my wife asked(told) me if we can put up the Christmas stuff up now on November 1st and I said sure( Like I really had a choice) 😂. It's her favorite time of the year. 

Hey, I get it. Get it done and don't worry about it for two months. And she gets to enjoy it all that time. You're a smart man. I just can't deal with it this year. 

I should also mention that I insisted we wait until after the new year to get a new dog. Our last one passed last year and I wasn't ready for another one yet. She bullied me into one in June and we'll be getting our 2nd one later this month. (Oh yeah, add "new dog" to the November to-do list.) So I'm very much in the black in the marriage account right now. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We did that in July.  Had a blast spent the week and ended it with Brunch with Golf and his beautiful wife. 

We stayed at the boardwalk and they still had crowds reduced, it made all the parks very comfortable.

Aw man, that's awesome. Although you guys must really be impervious to heat. Me, notsomuch. 

It was very nice of you to entertain Golf's wife for a bit. I'm sure she was grateful for the distraction!

It will be crazy crowded when we're down there but we've got mitigating strategies in mind.

McLittle will turn 7 on our 2nd day down there and McBaby will turn 3 the day we leave. We're staying at the Polynesian. Most of it is comped because the inlaws did a big trip last time and had a laundry list of problems. They transferred everything to us. That will also make the crowds more tolerable. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Aw man, that's awesome. Although you guys must really be impervious to heat. Me, notsomuch. 

It was very nice of you to entertain Golf's wife for a bit. I'm sure she was grateful for the distraction!

It will be crazy crowded when we're down there but we've got mitigating strategies in mind.

McLittle will turn 7 on our 2nd day down there and McBaby will turn 3 the day we leave. We're staying at the Polynesian. Most of it is comped because the inlaws did a big trip last time and had a laundry list of problems. They transferred everything to us. That will also make the crowds more tolerable. 

That's awesome. We went to the luau there our first time with the kids. It was so fun.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That's awesome. We went to the luau there our first time with the kids. It was so fun.

Not sure if they're going to be doing that or not. So much stuff hasn't come back yet. We don't care. We're gonna party our asses off. Trader Sam's is open and right downstairs. 

Oh, and we're doing the thing where the kids don't know we're going until we're in the car. Hope to have a cool video for you guys.

Trader Sam's Grog Grotto Review - Disney Tourist Blog

• Love 1

We downsized 11 years ago. Went from a 4000 sq.ft house with a full basement, Buford, Ga, to a 1200 sq ft condo Winter Park, Fl.

Takes me all of 15 minutes to put up christmas decor as long as Heidi leaves me alone

• Like 1

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

We downsized 11 years ago. Went from a 4000 sq.ft house with a full basement, Buford, Ga, to a 1200 sq ft condo Winter Park, Fl.

Takes me all of 15 minutes to put up christmas decor as long as Heidi leaves me alone

Not just Christmas decorations, I can't imagine how much time has gone back into every day for you. 

• Like 1