THE ASYLUM

bigbird

25 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

We're okay at our house. Busy weekend ahead but all good things. Our weeks are mostly on cruise control. 

Possible major life changes on the horizon- changing jobs and moving and such- but nothing immediate or worth talking about here right now. Only good things.

Loving this fall weather.

Happy for Braves fans. I know a ton of good ones. 

Same here we are thinking of doing something major in the coming months, won't be anything until next summer but we could use some prayer ourselves about this. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

supernatural-dean-winchester.gif

Spill it!

They say you shouldn't have more than one or two major life moments during one year...

So far, since July, we have had two hospitalizations, we moved, Amanda started a new job, James started a new school, I am poised to start a new career (held up by James as of now), Daughter moved to UTx, and today is the end of the option period to sell our house. 

Hey, Stress!

you-can-suck-my-balls-eric-cartman.gif

All I can say bird is damn you've had it rough the past couple of months I really hope things get better for y'all soon. 

23 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

All I can say bird is damn you've had it rough the past couple of months I really hope things get better for y'all soon. 

No worries, we are hardened through the forge.  My family is strong, our faith is stronger.

There's an old southern gospel song by the Speers family called, "still in the fire". The words in the chorus are golden! And we claim them daily.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

supernatural-dean-winchester.gif

NGL, after your post, I was like, um, I'm not about to complain about a single thing in my life. We've got stuff, but nothing I'm gonna whine about here today. I know that's not comfort. Just respect. 

Spill it!

Wife interviewing for a remote work gig, which would mean we'd have no logistical reason to keep living where we do, as I commute an hour every day... to a city we really like. We could sell our house tomorrow if we wanted for 75% more than we paid for it 3 years ago. (Not uncommon these days, I know.) While homes are also expensive in the city where I work, they're not quite as expensive. Our concerns are that our wee little ones are thriving, our house is farking awesome, our current town is very bucolic, safe, quiet, and just incredibly easy to live in. But we don't fit in for the most part and there's no action, not even the kind that middle aged folks can enjoy. Paradise can be quite boring, and even oppressive. BUT... easy. And safe. And more beautiful than anywhere 99% of the people in the world get to live. And our kids are loving it. BUT... we're pretty sure they'd love this other town. Lots of big city amenities in a small town. Also very easy and laid back. Tons of historic architecture. Still on the coast. Etc. BUT... if she gets a remote gig... that means we're 1 remote gig away from living anywhere in the country we want to. 

You're probably reading this and thinking, what is this dude whining about. Yeah, that's why I was quiet about it on the first post, lol.

They say you shouldn't have more than one or two major life moments during one year...

I agree with this but it's never been how life treated me, lol. Military kid. Have moved every 2 years on average for my entire life. About half of those times, that has included a school or job change. Have moved twice in the last 4 years. Have had 2 children in the last 7 years, along with a couple other pregnancies (hers) that didn't work out. Plus all the stuff in the news that we've all been assaulted by the last 5 years. I'm 46. I'm tired.

BUT...

So far, since July, we have had two hospitalizations, we moved, Amanda started a new job, James started a new school, I am poised to start a new career (held up by James as of now), Daughter moved to UTx, and today is the end of the option period to sell our house. 

...all 46 years of my bull**** combined might not compare to your 2021. 

Really curious to hear about this new career possibility, though. Understood if that needs to wait until it happens. 

Hey, Stress!

you-can-suck-my-balls-eric-cartman.gif

Brother, I hear you. I can't imagine. 

28 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Bored Kacey Musgraves GIF by Paramount+

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Same here we are thinking of doing something major in the coming months, won't be anything until next summer but we could use some prayer ourselves about this. 

Copy that. Keep us posted.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

We've got stuff, but nothing I'm gonna whine about here today.

Yours are just as important as mine and we all gain strength from each other. I'm always available to listen to a friend.

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Really curious to hear about this new career possibility, though. Understood if that needs to wait until it happens. 

I haven't announced publicly, but I've been hired as an analyst for TAMU that will take effect after the season.  Golf knows, but that's because he stalks me.  

Okay, not really...but that would've been cool. 😁

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

No worries, we are hardened through the forge.  My family is strong, our faith is stronger.

There's an old southern gospel song by the Speers family called, "still in the fire". The words in the chorus are golden! And we claim them daily.

My Mawmaw used to play that one all the time and we would hear a lot at church growing up, the memories😎

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Yours are just as important as mine and we all gain strength from each other. I'm always available to listen to a friend.

I haven't announced publicly, but I've been hired as an analyst for TAMU that will take effect after the season.  Golf knows, but that's because he stalks me.  

Much appreciated. There will be a time when I'll lean on you guys. 

And you had me going on the TAMU thing. I was honestly wondering if it was a college gig. I was also wondering how complicated that was going to be for your friends (and enemies) on this forum, haha.

Daughter at UTx... Can imagine that being a bit bittersweet. 

10 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Har har hardy har har

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Hear she's having the time of her life 

We got a call at 2 on Saturday morning. Apparently after a Halloween party. The call went something like this...

Madi: Dad!

Me: yes, is everything alright? Are you okay?

Me: yes, baby?

Madi: You're so beautiful!!!

Me: Thank you 

Madi: no seriously, I just love you and mom so much... where's Mom?!?!...I need to talk to her. I need to tell her something!

Me: Just a sec...

Amanda: Sweetie, are you okay?

Madi: Mom!

Amanda: Yes?

Amanda: Thank you, so are you.

Madi: No I'm not 

Amanda: Why do you think that? 

Audible sobbing and garbled mumbles...

Amanda: What's wrong, sweetie?

Madi: I have vomit in my hair and I can't get up onto my bed...more crying

Me: laughter upon laughter upon laughter 

Madi: Daddy why are you laughing?

Me: Because, you're just so beautiful!

Madi: Thaaaaaanks! Hey, you know what? 

Me: what?

Madi: you're so beautiful!!!

• Love 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

We could sell our house tomorrow if we wanted for 75% more than we paid for it 3 years ago.

When it goes through, we are set to make just about 100k over what we paid for our house.  Just about 70% over what we paid.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We got a call at 2 on Saturday morning. Apparently after a Halloween party. The call went something like this...

Me: yes, is everything alright? Are you okay?

Me: yes, baby?

Me: Thank you 

Madi: no seriously, I just love you and mom so much... where's Mom?!?!...I need to talk to her. I need to tell her something!

Me: Just a sec...

Amanda: Sweetie, are you okay?

Madi: Mom!

Amanda: Yes?

Amanda: Thank you, so are you.

Madi: No I'm not 

Amanda: Why do you think that? 

Audible sobbing and garbled mumbles...

Amanda: What's wrong, sweetie?

Madi: I have vomit in my hair and I can't get up onto my bed...more crying

Me: laughter upon laughter upon laughter 

Madi: Daddy why are you laughing?

Me: Because, you're just so beautiful!

Madi: Thaaaaaanks! Hey, you know what? 

Me: what?

Madi: you're so beautiful!!!

This is amazing. 

Also, I am so terrified of the rest of my life. 

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Bored Kacey Musgraves GIF by Paramount+

I’m with you, brother.  I downsized over the summer and everything is slowing down drastically. Reading all the others make me reminisce about decisions made and how I hope I was doing what was best. 

Bird; 🙏 for your families continued strength.  You got this.

I know James got his looks from his mom, where did he get the stubbornness?  Any idea Golf?

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I know James got his looks from his mom, where did he get the stubbornness?  Any idea Golf?

I need to introduce you to by dad...

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

This is amazing. 

Also, I am so terrified of the rest of my life. 

Yeah, we definitely had a kick out of it. We were also told the next day that apparently my daughter, like her father, doesn't ever need to drink Gin again.

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Yeah, we definitely had a kick out of it. We were also told the next day that apparently my daughter, like her father, doesn't ever need to drink Gin again.

My people. I'm on a strict one martini limit for the rest of my life.

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

My people. I'm on a strict one martini limit for the rest of my life.

That stuff is amazing. I'll drink tequila all day with no problem, but one drink of gin and I'll be dancing on the bar singing tiny dancer

• Haha 1