THE ASYLUM

bigbird

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

So, 88; are you a Terry Beasley fan or does the 88 stand for something else?

I'm not old enough too remember him but I do like him but the 88 is for my year I was born lol. 

58 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Had a Basal skin cancer ED&C procedure this morning on my leg. Weird place to have it imo after working all my young on my Dad's farm and playing golf since I was 12. Sunscreen wasn't around in younger years never worn a cap except when I played golf and the only time I get skin cancer is a small spot on my leg. Been going to the dermatologist regularly for 40 years I stongly suggest everyone do the same. 

Well damn Golf, I'm glad it was only on your leg and it's okay 🤷 don't worry me and wife always wear sunscreen when needed. 

So I'm starting a new job soon we'll atleast hopefully. 

24 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I'm not old enough too remember him but I do like him but the 88 is for my year I was born lol. 

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

You're only 33 or so OMG.......................and starting a new job and what would that be if I may ask. I see you live in Jasper scored my first touchdown against Jasper High as a soph. I think we won 40-0 played in Jasper. My high school teams was very very good.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

You're only 33 or so OMG.......................and starting a new job and what would that be if I may ask. I see you live in Jasper scored my first touchdown against Jasper High as a soph. I think we won 40-0 played in Jasper. My high school teams was very very good.

Yep only 32 about to be 33 in December,  how old did you think I was?

I currently live in Hoover now but I did grow up in Jasper, good destroy them 🤣 I went to Curry High school and Walker( it was called Walker when I went there then changed back to Jasper like 3 years ago) was our rival so....🤣

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, autiger88 said:

Yep only 32 about to be 33 in December

Well, that makes me feel old.  My youngest son will be 33 on Christmas Eve.

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I meant to ask what was your HS?

14 hours ago, autiger88 said:

Yep only 32 about to be 33 in December,  how old did you think I was?

I currently live in Hoover now but I did grow up in Jasper, good destroy them 🤣 I went to Curry High school and Walker( it was called Walker when I went there then changed back to Jasper like 3 years ago) was our rival so....🤣

Jeez. Even I feel old. Can't imagine how old Golf feels.

20 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Russellville 

Nice we played them a couple times when I was playing, I think my freshman and sophomore years then we moved down for 5 to 4A so my Jr and Senior we didn't. We got our butts kicked both times lol

20 hours ago, autiger88 said:

Hey @bigbird everything ok? Hows your kid doing?

We're moving forward.

Wednesday we had Dr. Appts...8+ hours of driving just to hear, that he is more rare than we knew, he may have developed inhibitors to the only medicine that is really available to help him, he doesn't qualify for any trials based on age and having inhibitors, and there hasn't been much movement in the gene therapy trials due to covid-19. It was a very encouraging visit...

We did blood work to see if he's developed inhibitors to his medicine and we'll get that back this week.

As far as his rarity goes, we we're told he was 1 of ~185 in the US. Turns out, as of now, only 96 worldwide(developed world) have his mutation and of those, only 15 have developed inhibitors.  

Right now he's still layed up in our recliner. The bleed has stopped but the blood hasn't reabsorbed so it's still swollen and painful. Probably another 2-4 days of resolving pain.

Thanks for asking...

• Love 3

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We're moving forward.

Wednesday we had Dr. Appts...8+ hours of driving just to hear, that he is more rare than we knew, he may have developed inhibitors to the only medicine that is really available to help him, he doesn't qualify for any trials based on age and having inhibitors, and there hasn't been much movement in the gene therapy trials due to covid-19. It was a very encouraging visit...

We did blood work to see if he's developed inhibitors to his medicine and we'll get that back this week.

As far as his rarity goes, we we're told he was 1 of ~185 in the US. Turns out, as of now, only 96 worldwide(developed world) have his mutation and of those, only 15 have developed inhibitors.  

Right now he's still layed up in our recliner. The bleed has stopped but the blood hasn't reabsorbed so it's still swollen and painful. Probably another 2-4 days of resolving pain.

Thanks for asking...

You're welcome and I'm sorry to hear that, we will definitely keep praying for your family bird. 

22 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

You're welcome and I'm sorry to hear that, we will definitely keep praying for your family bird. 

Always needed and appreciated

• Love 1

10 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Privacy is not allowed for anybody that the fans believe they own. JMO.

Well it's stupid as hell we don't need 300 threads talking about the same thing IMO we get it we really do 😎.

Anyways good morning my Asylum inmates @bigbird @augolf1716 @I_M4_AU @McLoofus how is everybody on this typical Wednesday?

• Like 1

James made it back to school yesterday, although in his wheelchair.  He's so fricking stubborn though.  He hates asking anyone for help, so he doesn't. Now, because of not asking someone to push him from class to class because it "makes him look weak", he developed a left elbow bleed over the course of the day.  I again did treatments every two hours since lunch yesterday. We'll space it to every 3 hours at noon, but will continue that for probably about another week.

He has missed 5 of the 6 weeks of school this grading period and we're trying to play catch-up. Problem is, during bleeds, depending on location, he may not be able to write or type and if he can he's usually on Oxy, MM, or a cream that has ketamine in it or a combination of all three. Neither pain relief option is conducive with teaching himself chemistry or Alg II. And remember the refuses help thingy...it runs over into this area too.  

Any prayers are appreciated. Peace, patience, and strength for all of us if y'all don't mind. 

Thanks, guys.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

James made it back to school yesterday, although in his wheelchair.  He's so fricking stubborn though.  He hates asking anyone for help, so he doesn't. Now, because of not asking someone to push him from class to class because it "makes him look weak", he developed a left elbow bleed over the course of the day.  I again did treatments every two hours since lunch yesterday. We'll space it to every 3 hours at noon, but will continue that for probably about another week.

He has missed 5 of the 6 weeks of school this grading period and we're trying to play catch-up. Problem is, during bleeds, depending on location, he may not be able to write or type and if he can he's usually on Oxy, MM, or a cream that has ketamine in it or a combination of all three. Neither pain relief option is conducive with teaching himself chemistry or Alg II. And remember the refuses help thingy...it runs over into this area too.  

Any prayers are appreciated. Peace, patience, and strength for all of us if y'all don't mind. 

Thanks, guys.

We got you brother.

• Thanks 1

We're okay at our house. Busy weekend ahead but all good things. Our weeks are mostly on cruise control. 

Possible major life changes on the horizon- changing jobs and moving and such- but nothing immediate or worth talking about here right now. Only good things.

Loving this fall weather.

Happy for Braves fans. I know a ton of good ones. 

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Our weeks are mostly on cruise control. 

supernatural-dean-winchester.gif

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Possible major life changes on the horizon- changing jobs and moving and such- but nothing immediate or worth talking about here right now.

Spill it!

They say you shouldn't have more than one or two major life moments during one year...

So far, since July, we have had two hospitalizations, we moved, Amanda started a new job, James started a new school, I am poised to start a new career (held up by James as of now), Daughter moved to UTx, and today is the end of the option period to sell our house. 

Hey, Stress!

you-can-suck-my-balls-eric-cartman.gif

• Haha 1